Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

Hey Xplorer4x4,

Great to see that you are still working on the map. Keep it up ;)

(I'm still working on my house.. but it almost done)

Regards, Ruud

Everything is pretty much ready to go aside from hellhumpers model, Kookas models, and Conroys lights. When its done I will probably have a little more private beta testing just to make sure everythings good, and then it will be released.

I figured as much, thought I'd check in (I've been busy with life :s). Anyway good to hear, can't wait till you release. If you need any other private beta help drop me a line I'd be more the happy to help you out.

Everything is pretty much ready to go aside from hellhumpers model, Kookas models, and Conroys lights. When its done I will probably have a little more private beta testing just to make sure everythings good, and then it will be released.

Sounds great, can't wait!

how are you Xplorer4x4 ?

I'm playing La mod with your 4x4 submod for a long time now, but I'm waiting for your 4x4 Woods Map submod, and would like to know if you really gonna release it and if you are still working on it ?

Thanks !

He's definitely going to release, and I'm sure he and who ever is working with him are still working on it. They're probably on to some testing and fixing bugs and other problems encountered. That can be a fairly long process. But it will be worth it in the end when we can play a bug and problem-free submod.

Well there has been a few problems.

Good news:

After 2 months of not replying to my PMs Helljumper FINALLY notified me the Quint is in the final stages of being skinned. I believe its in the 80% range atm.

Bad News:

First and foremost, I havent been on because I have just been burnt out on modding atm. However, my work on the submod is done. Problem is I need some one to update the lights for me:

Conroy - He was working on this, then his video card died. Then he was supposed to be working on it again, and I havent heard from him.

CFD - Despite my request for his help, he turned me down to work on the NY Submod.

Occram - He was supposed to be working on this as well, but I do not recall what his status is. He may have been waiting for me to send him more units, or I might have been waiting on him to finish the files.

Kookas - He PMed me some time ago asking me if I still needed models. I said yes, and asked him if he still knew what models I needed. Communication ceased after that.

This is not to flame any one, but just to let you guys know I dont want to release the project short of what my intentions were, but at this stage it is out of my hands.

Good news:

After 2 months of not replying to my PMs Helljumper FINALLY notified me the Quint is in the final stages of being skinned. I believe its in the 80% range atm.

Bad News:

First and foremost, I havent been on because I have just been burnt out on modding atm. However, my work on the submod is done. Problem is I need some one to update the lights for me:

Conroy - He was working on this, then his video card died. Then he was supposed to be working on it again, and I havent heard from him.

CFD - Despite my request for his help, he turned me down to work on the NY Submod.

Occram - He was supposed to be working on this as well, but I do not recall what his status is. He may have been waiting for me to send him more units, or I might have been waiting on him to finish the files.

Kookas - He PMed me some time ago asking me if I still needed models. I said yes, and asked him if he still knew what models I needed. Communication ceased after that.

This is not to flame any one, but just to let you guys know I dont want to release the project short of what my intentions were, but at this stage it is out of my hands.

And you shouldn't. You've said that since day one, and you should do what you feel most comfortable doing.

PS: Not surprised you got burned out, I can't blame you. Good to see you back though anyway.

And you shouldn't. You've said that since day one, and you should do what you feel most comfortable doing.

PS: Not surprised you got burned out, I can't blame you. Good to see you back though anyway.

Well I dont know that comfort is the right word, but more so a goal.

I wouldnt consider myself back in terms of modding, yet. I do have a few little things I need to do. I was working on reorganizing the FS scripts by changing things like Engine01 to Engine 17(for example) to make it easier to track what unit is being used in which bay, and I might even follow an idea TexasDPS threw out awhile back about splitting each station in to its own script. Again that would make it easier for me, and easier for others, but I dont think I am going to follow through with that stuff until the others have finished there work.

Oh and Kookas had PC Problems about a month ago so two team members went down with PC Problems.

Good news:

Bad News:

you need help with this still i can help

I'm giving my Submod new Face lift --- I have recently re-installed the mod, with fresh copies and fresh new prototypes --- None of them contains my light edits. I will be starting on them, and hopefully have them more cleaner and improved.

Once i am finished with them, you can use them - After i release the pack.

Explorer, seeing your moving Quint 9 into the tower's spot are you going to make it possible for us to change the tiller to a tower like you can in the origonal mod? thanks! ps keep up the terrific work

I dont know that I will provide the scripts, but it will be possible. It is actually possible in the other submod to use the tiller or tower in both stations, it just requires more code that I dont want to implement. It is possible that YSB or some one could consider doing an alternate script that would allow say two towers(one in fs1 and 1 in fs2)

you need help with this still i can help

Send me a PM.

I'm giving my Submod new Face lift --- I have recently re-installed the mod, with fresh copies and fresh new prototypes --- None of them contains my light edits. I will be starting on them, and hopefully have them more cleaner and improved.

Once i am finished with them, you can use them - After i release the pack.

I actually have some crown vics atm that needs lights more then i need the whole packaged redone. If you could do those first, PM me about it.