FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Guest emergency captain

To a hydrant?Or like a hard suction hose? I'm not sure. They have the hydrant thing, not the hose, well, not that I've heard. There's no lakes or anything IN the city.

there will be multiple maps that change based on random criteria during freeplay, so there will be only one firehouse per map.

How do you know there will be one fire house per map? Who said that the Manhattan map cant have a FS for all the units included from Manhattan?

As for random criteria, thats what I thought to but thats not how it was explained to me a few days ago.

There's no lakes or anything IN the city.

Central Park doesnt have a lake? Harris Park? Not to mention there are numerous bodies of water bordering the city.

To a hydrant?Or like a hard suction hose? I'm not sure. They have the hydrant thing, not the hose, well, not that I've heard. There's no lakes or anything IN the city.

They could use a supply line if they we're at a port.

why?, the cars just follow a path set by the map maker, so they just have to put the path one way.

Paths dont work that way. No matter what you do, when you lay a patch it creates 3 lines. The right line, is for traffic going, for example, North. The middle is kind of like the white/yellow line in the middle of the street. The left line would be south bound traffic. Now its possible to set spawn points so traffic only follows the line going north, but, by default if you use a redirect command, cars will then follow the south bound line. You can spread these lines wide enough to say have the right line on the north bound traffic one way, and same for the left/south bound lane, but again, redirection is a problem because now cars need to figure out how to get to the left line and will cut through any way possible where an object does not obstruct there path, all though there not on a set path any more.

I think he was talking about a hydrant it looked like. And yeah, they did a producers not showing a supply line from a hydrant to the back of the engine.

Your not even a firefighter as far as I can tell. >.>

They could use a supply line if they we're at a port.

There's plenty of places for a hard suction line. But the only time you'd need it is if you really need a 6" hose full of water, because that's quite a bit, haha. Not only that but it would be actually really hard to script that as water isn't a single source object

I had a crazy idea. Make an intro screen kinda like "Rescue Me" with the Von Bondies, "C'mon C'mon" off of "Pawn Shop Hearts". It's the song they use for rescue me, and it fits perfectly. :D I can try to take care of legal issues, i have some connections, haha :P

What you gona do?! (just kidding, dont ban me!)

On a serious note, doubt I will get an answer, but will there be other fire companies represented in the mod? I admit I am ignorant on the number but I would guess that like LAFD they have over 100 stations. Now I dont suspect to see 100 stations and there apertures in the mod, but are there more companies included in the mod then the companies listed on the first page?

i quote myself:

4.1 Screenshots cars

The screenshots below don't represent all units which are content of the modification they just give you a little insight of our work.

The modification contains all in all about 100 new vehicles and trucks.

We reserve that final content may vary.

thats the text above the screenshots ;)

I understand all models are done and this is would be the first version but... Are there any reserve engines or ladders in the first release you aren't telling us about? If not... Will you include any reserve engines or ladders in later versions? Also, will there be a NYPD Traffic division in first release? If not... Will you include a NYPD Traffic division in later versions?

no, theres no nypd traffic division and no i dont know if we include them into further versions

Im not sure if this has been asked/ addressed yet, (sorry if it has) but were you guys able to fix the tiller ladders so that they won't swing around crazily like in the LA mod??

the chapter "tiller ladder" was completely finished in early 2009, all works and looks fine so far

Just curious, what map texture were you using on the Rescue 1 Light video?? It was pretty cool :)

one of our map textures;)

I don't remember if this was ever released but will the engines be required to set-up a supply line for water or no?

yes, if you run out of the water you carry with you, you need to set a supply line

So would rope bags or stabilizing bars n' straps be possible? :o and can't wait to see what's going to be possible, especially with the medical equipment. are you going to allow players to be a part of the treatment of victims, or will it be automated i.e L.A mod paramedics restoring someone's red bar in a short period of time once treatment starts.

So would rope bags or stabilizing bars n' straps be possible? :o and can't wait to see what's going to be possible, especially with the medical equipment. are you going to allow players to be a part of the treatment of victims, or will it be automated i.e L.A mod paramedics restoring someone's red bar in a short period of time once treatment starts.

This was just disscussed, Look back. If there was an explosion with 15 injured people half of them would probably die.

They said it would be automatic because I guess with RTS(if thats your basis of thinking) your just responding to medical calls for things like heart attack and such, but not MVAs or things like that. So in RTS where you have say one patient to focus on, sure you can take the time to do compressions and breaths, not to mention use a defib. Here though you could respond to an MVA with say 8 people. If you have an MVA with 8 people and your focused on doing CPR to one, some of those other 8 could die.

Speaking of the medical treatment, heres a suggestion. I plan to TRY to attempt this myself for the LA Mod but havent had time to try it. More or less I plan to attempt to expand the coroners department to include an actual medical investigator. The investigator comes to the scene has to check the DB before the coroners with a stretcher can pick up the DB.

They said it would be automatic because I guess with RTS(if thats your basis of thinking) your just responding to medical calls for things like heart attack and such, but not MVAs or things like that. So in RTS where you have say one patient to focus on, sure you can take the time to do compressions and breaths, not to mention use a defib. Here though you could respond to an MVA with say 8 people. If you have an MVA with 8 people and your focused on doing CPR to one, some of those other 8 could die.

Speaking of the medical treatment, heres a suggestion. I plan to TRY to attempt this myself for the LA Mod but havent had time to try it. More or less I plan to attempt to expand the coroners department to include an actual medical investigator. The investigator comes to the scene has to check the DB before the coroners with a stretcher can pick up the DB.

Good idea, never thought of that.

Guest Francis

I plan to TRY to attempt this myself for the LA Mod but havent had time to try it. More or less I plan to attempt to expand the coroners department to include an actual medical investigator. The investigator comes to the scene has to check the DB before the coroners with a stretcher can pick up the DB.

Easy. :)