FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Dont mean to go OT but quick OT Post, I would have guessed you were police, not fire based on your user name. :P

Haha, nah. I'm FD. I've just been using this username ever since I can remember. I think it's a cheat code to a SWAT game actually

when is the reelese of this mod?

Hi Johanaland and welcome to the forums of Emergency Planet (since this is your first post)! :welcome:

You better avoid these questions about release-dates, it's NOT ALLOWED here on the forum!

You can read all about the rules here.

FF or Tim, you mention that things will not be very automated. Could you elaborate on this a bit? For example if, well when, you need to provide medical aid to a person, will you actually have to control the defib? Will you have to manually give some one say 15 chest compressions one at a time?

I think the standard ratio of compressions to breaths for CPR is 30:2 now.

But as for indepth medical roleplay, it would be difficult if you had a fire with lots of casualties.

FF or Tim, you mention that things will not be very automated. Could you elaborate on this a bit? For example if, well when, you need to provide medical aid to a person, will you actually have to control the defib? Will you have to manually give some one say 15 chest compressions one at a time?

Maybe that'd make a good optional setting but I'd hate to have to CPR on every victim if there was a massive explosion with like 15 injured...

I think the standard ratio of compressions to breaths for CPR is 30:2 now.

But as for indepth medical roleplay, it would be difficult if you had a fire with lots of casualties.

And, yes, it is 30:2.

Yeah because RTS, from what I hear/remember, requires you to do CPR in a certain way. Something like you have to do 15 compressions and 2 breaths and I think you have to do them manually.

FF, another question, in the videos you guys hadnt done any of the command icons yet. Can we get a preview of some of the new icons? Just a few to get the general idea to see if they look similar to the default icons?

Of course the gameplay is not that detailed, it wouldn't work. Imagine there are 4 patients, and 2 of them need CPR, that would be way to much work. We do not have much automatic stuff, but it is enough to make life simple, but still challenging :)

FF, another question, in the videos you guys hadnt done any of the command icons yet. Can we get a preview of some of the new icons? Just a few to get the general idea to see if they look similar to the default icons?

The Icons will be designed to look like the default icons, regarding colour and design.

Will the patrol the city command keep ambulances in certain areas or is it a free-for-all, same goes for PD?

You can call any vehicle you want to have at the scene, there are no limitations. It just may be that there are differences regarding the ETA of different units.

Yeah because RTS, from what I hear/remember, requires you to do CPR in a certain way. Something like you have to do 15 compressions and 2 breaths and I think you have to do them manually.

I think RTS might be out of date then, because 30:2 is the international standard now (sorry for off-topic).

Also, I like that you can call a vehicle and it won't just come instantly.. it will be great. I guess you take recordings from online FDNY & NYPD scanners and use them for audio?

You can call any vehicle you want to have at the scene, there are no limitations. It just may be that there are differences regarding the ETA of different units.

Will we know what there ETA is before calling them so we know who is the closest available unit?

Well, that would be cool, but there should be a certain officer, like a PD Supervisor, that can call in addtional units. :cool:

I disagree. If an officer needs fire,back up,ems or even tow, they dont need a supervisor to do it. They simply radio dispatch. Now perhaps for something like SWAT/ESU they may need a supervisors permission. Unsure on that.

Guest emergency captain

Pretty sure any NYPD officer can call in ESU. It would take to long on the situation if he or she needed permission. On the Climbing Ladders Preview for the mod, I saw some new icons at the front.

Maybe you shouldn't mark the injured people on the map until a unit spots them? :P that would be a nice challenge

That would be awesome! That way you could have like a multi car accident with unkown injuries. Also make it so there is not always someone injured. So like they dont have to be transported, and then make some people wih Trauma, or others with basic injuries. That would be really cool

Also make it so there is not always someone injured. So like they dont have to be transported, and then make some people wih Trauma, or others with basic injuries.

just to tell you thats sort of giving suggestions