Guest mrpolice1996

Weird and Unusual Emergency Units

Im sorry but why do they need to ride on those things (forgot the name for somne reason :P) is it the fuel prices or what?? Because the smart thing to use when a guy is shooting at you with an AK is to get a armored vehicle for cover not a handelbar.

Im sorry but why do they need to ride on those things (forgot the name for somne reason :P) is it the fuel prices or what?? Because the smart thing to use when a guy is shooting at you with an AK is to get a armored vehicle for cover not a handelbar.

They are called segways. Anyway i agree with you i don't why any police force would use them.

I thought this was funny:

hoboken-police-segway-stops-motor-vehicle-for-a-records-check.jpg

They use similar things for traffic stops :P

They are called segways. Anyway i agree with you i don't why any police force would use them.

I thought this was funny:

They use similar things for traffic stops :P

You know, I think I honestly know what town that is. According to my police officer friends in the town I'm thinking of, you get assigned to that if you do something bad. The segway is your punishment. I know I would be embarrassed if I had to be on that.

Edit: Never mind, that's not the town I'm thinking of. The town I'm thinking of has a slightly different color uniform. But still, pretty embarrassing.

Medics in stuttgart also got one of those:

Of course Porsche is based near stuttgart. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche

Just like police cars in Barvia are BMW not to mention to doctors cars. I post some pictures next time I come to board on my laptop.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. About the Russian (especially Moscow) emergency services, why do they have so many BMWs and Mercedes Benzes as police cars yet as the same time have beat up old Ladas? Are they donated too or is it just a case of misappropriation of funds?

My guess, the BMWs and Benz are newer equipment and will phase out the old beat up trucks over time. For them BMWs and Benz, arent as expensive as they are to us in America as they have to be shipped over seas and such.