Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Hi everyone,

Post your suggestions and ideas for the Los Angeles Mod in this thread. New topics about suggestions will be closed from now on.

One tip: Think about the suggestions you're about to post. Do research. You can't just post everything that came across your mind!

A list with frequently posted suggestions/ideas:

1. Second hospital, fire station or police station on freeplay map.

Good idea, but requires alot of time to make it. Won't be added to mod until I have more time.

2. Add the stations to multiplayer.

Bad idea, Unless someone comes up with a genius idea how to deal with 4 players who want to park THEIR cars in the station only.

The stations have nothing to with cooperation and would slow down gameplay. It would just act as a place to mess around.

3. Add a tiller/trailer with ladder.

Good idea. It's possible to add trailers to Emergency 4, but game limitions withhold me. Reasons:

- The trailers in Emergency 4 have problems with physic/collision data.

- You can't send a truck + trailer from the menu, because they're two seperate vehicles

- These tillers are huge. It would certainly cause problems with the ingame pathfinding.

- Installing a tiller near a window would be nearly impossible.

- It's not possible to make a reversed (facing backwards) working ladder. Platform must be facing to the front (cabin) of the vehicle.

4. Add a police supervisor.

Bad idea, the normal police officers already have abilities to call for help (patrol cars, ambulances or police helicopter).

What would be the unique function of a supervisor?

5. Remove the paramedics with stretcher.

Bad idea, I want to preserve some of the original gameplay. It will slow down gameplay, because you will have to give paramedics a stretcher manually. Doing this automaticly is useless and unnecessary. The mod already has 'Get/drop stretchter' commands, so this won't be added to the mod.

6. Vehicles can only move when it has at least one passenger (a driver) inside.

Bad idea, it adds realism and makes the game more difficult and challenging. But it will add alot of frustration too, so it won't be added to the mod.

7. Add the LAFD Heavy Rescue 56 Crane.

Unfortunately due to the game engines physics, a mid mount, 180 degree limited, reverse facing crane is not possible at this time.

Hoppah

Guest 123zippy

could you mack it so you can take a hose off the fire truck and bring it to a location in range of the hoses. Then put is on a stand and leave the hose there and it puts out the fire. Another thing is how about a meter that shows how muck water is left in the tank on the truck. In the game there are a lot of hydrinds. The person has to get out and hook the hose to the hydrint. Then the truck goes back to the emergency location. This makes it real

Guest rescue_me

wELL..

I Think a Second Fire Station...

By the docks down the the right bottom of the free playmap...

Three bays..

Apparatus..

FIRE ENGINE.1

AMBULANCE.1

US&R.1

Be cool i think../

I dont think we need a another police station or a hospital...

Oh yes...

Just a suggesting...

THe water pumper...

New chassis/.?

http://crimson-fire.com/crimson/customerco...asp?StepID=2810

Help you out maybe...

Thx..

Mrl

New Chassis for Fire Engine.1 or .2

http://crimson-fire.com/crimson/customerco...asp?StepID=2302

I know your beze all of the time... just a nother suggeston...

oH YEA.. if you need some new pictures of it up close..

im in dallas and they 5 new trucks..

I can get n e pictures you need of a crimson-sparton chassis...

Thx agein..

Mrl

EDIT by Stan: Read the TOS! Tripple or double posting or even more is forbidden!

I don't understand why you would make new chasis for engines that IRL are NOT that chasis, forgive me if i'm wrong but isn't the whole point of LA mod to make the units that are used?

Overall I'm very happy with the features in the LAMod. The only thing I would add is an EMS Supervisor (not sure what their rank is, I suppose Mike could answer).

He would have all of the abilities of the paramedics, with the added ability to call for an air ambulance or additional medic unit. Otherwise, I think the mod is great how it is.

I want to suggest one good thing, it would be hard to do i think, but it will bring up more reality to game. In game all firefigter vechiles have unlimited water, and fire-extinguishers too. If its possibel it would be nice, that near car's damage status show how many water it have left, if car is empty of water, just send to fire station, or connect to hydrant one hose. Also with fire-extinguisher, you could do that he would be active only 20 sec for example, then you must take new one. It would be very cool i think.

Guest firefighter304
wELL..

I Think a Second Fire Station...

By the docks down the the right bottom of the free playmap...

Three bays..

Apparatus..

FIRE ENGINE.1

AMBULANCE.1

US&R.1

Be cool i think../

I dont think we need a another police station or a hospital...

instead of the USR truck i would imagine you would want a HAZMAT Truck there considering the warehouse pollutes toxins when its caught on fire

Guest Naserve

I have an idea: Add a medic to the National Guards; they could use a cammo medic bag and have the red cross on an armband because if the national guard or army came to a disaster they would bring medics with them.

My ideas for 1.6

- Color the top of the LAFD ambulance red like the rest of it instead of white. The white top makes it look hideous.

- Option for paramedics to call a coroner if the patient they're working on is dead.

- More parking spaces in the back of the police station for vehicles to park in, instead of just using the front.

- Parking spaces for smaller FD vehicles at Fire Station.

Most of these suggestions, while pushing realism very high, would take hoopah forever to script, if it were even possible to begin with to do so.

For example the Second Fire Department Structure and supplemental units is not something that will be easilly accomplished at all. The essential problem is to "differentiate" the units as to where the belong, aside from the building and it's required scripting, you also must either consider the proximity being a parameter trigger or alternatively, the "home base" as a trigger. These elements alone complicate the matter requiring extensive modification of both departments, as well as the units themselves to create a viable solution.

Without the solutions the vehicles which return to the base may goto an already "full" base, or, alternatively, incorrectly choose the base which they return to if they could even find their way there. While not impossible, this will take a very long time to resolve all the subsequent bugs which will arise with the addition of another "fire Dept.". It is up to Hoopah if he wants the challenge it will be, and if he can spare the time.

The "water level" concept while bringing realism to the game would also increase the difficulty to obscene proportions in my opinion, but I do not believe it is possible to "restrict" the flow from the truck to a certain point, then have it exhaust, the fire extinguisher perhaps he could do relatively easilly (I think I have an idea of how he can do it if he wishes to do so).

Some of the other ideas, I am sure he could do, they will just take time.... lots of it.:) I am not sure how he feels about the vehicle list, but I feel it is fairly comprehensive as it is.

Guest Hanover Firefighter
I don't understand why you would make new chasis for engines that IRL are NOT that chasis, forgive me if i'm wrong but isn't the whole point of LA mod to make the units that are used?

older LA engines will give the game more realism and it would be a bit of a variety instead of seeing 10 of the same engines on scene, plus the older engines would have the same function as the other engines.

Another set of ideas that would be quite effective that was in EM3:

1. Light towers on the engines.

2. Flashlight command for police officers.

Some new ideas include:

1. New lighting for some emergency units.

2. possibly a tillered ladder company (I recall this was talked about)

3. realistic dispatch tones (similiar to Klaxon in present day LAFD quarters)

LA MOD is excellent and im not sure if some of these ideas are feasible, but I believe that this would improve LA mod even more.

I have two things to suggest,

a) this is more of a change, make the LASD Hummer a LAPD Hummer (I've seen a youtube video of one.)

b) If it's possible make an impound lot (or city works center), add the ability to park tow trucks there (and possibly the city works vans). Then added commands to the police officer to call for a tow truck.

Guest rescue_me
instead of the USR truck i would imagine you would want a HAZMAT Truck there considering the warehouse pollutes toxins when its caught on fire

Good idea.! :1046275747_biggthumpup:

I've suggested them before but here are my major suggestions in one place:

-replace boat unit with a Swift Water Rescue truck(either with the boat on top or on a trailer, using the script. Of course would require a new boat too)

- replace the crane with a heavy rescue ( the back of the unit does rotate so it would be like the crane with the boom facing backward)

- USFS firefighters in hotshot gear

-LAX firefighters in ARFF gear

-Specialized hazmat firefighters(decon/ medical/ and fire control, maybe different protection level suits, and SWAT in hazmat gear?)

-Firefighters in water rescue gear which can move fast on land and swim out to rescue but not dive (would look a lot like USAR firefighters...probably not possible)

-A reset script for the trailers behind the fire station

Guest rescue_me

Ok...

well. how do you know that they do or don't have a Crimson chassis on n e of there truck's

And it would be cool to see a new desighed for lamod..

Not saying that the ones that's already on the mods not cool..

cuz they Are cool..

.. just a change...

Mrl

Guest SACEMT1987

I know hoppah sad that he would not add a new fire station due to scripting. Is it possible to move the station to a more central location os when there is a call in the north east corner it doesn't take forever to get there?

Hoopah to my understanding never said he would not make a 2nd department, it just would take a very long time for him to do if he so desired to do it, alot of command script changes..... Not just to add a new bulding and it's respective scripts, the existing script must be heavilly modified otherwise there would be huge bugs in the mod. I would not count on him rushing to do it immediately if he decides to do it.

Ok...

well. how do you know that they do or don't have a Crimson chassis on n e of there truck's

cuz they Are cool..

.. just a change...

Mrl

Perhaps because mike has posted what fire trucks LAFD currently uses.

Guest Hanover Firefighter
Ok...

cuz they Are cool..

.. just a change...

Mrl

LAFD definatly do not use Crimson chassis.

i like the battalion chief alot but i dont use him becouse i have to select a another unit and so on and i keep on forgetting him and blabla, but what about adding a

brigade leader or something to fire truck 1 and 2?( and maybe ladder truck aswell) a brigade leader that could call for extra help like the battalion chief.. just an idea.