bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

What are your ideas for the fire chief? Will there be a cheif car that respondes from the station or will the chief responed directly to the scene in a pov?

It looks like their is one parking spot, not enough for all the volunteers surely, but a chief truck would be cool.

On one of the signature pictures there's a battalion chief vehicle

The spot at the front of the fire station is for the Battalion Chief's Tahoe.

New fire station that I've been working on for the past week or so, and ever so slowly working that small-town American feel into the mod.

This fire station has an interior work room and two vehicle bays. Right now it is working in-game with Hoppah's LA Fire Station script but that won't be the case in the final version, as I'll be replacing it with a volunteer response script. I'm undecided on which two vehicles will be staffed there in the final version. This will be the only fire station on the new map.

wpUXsEn.jpg

Qr4f3iT.jpg

Any way for us to get an interior shot of this amazing little station? Great work Bama.

Also, when you say pop. of 7, do you mean just residents, or businesses too?

Any way for us to get an interior shot of this amazing little station? Great work Bama.

Also, when you say pop. of 7, do you mean just residents, or businesses too?

I'll see about an interior shot soon :holdglass: whenever I release the next trailer/gameplay video you'll definitely see it then.

The population of Monida, MT, in real life, is 7 residents. The population of Monida Pass (a real pass in MT but a town in the mod) would probably be in the low hundreds if it were real-life.

Amazing work! I would say station an Engine and rescue in that station as they would be your primary response trucks (Fire/MVAs),

Any ideas about putting a house siren into the volunteer script in the future? Instead of the tones inside the station like in the LA mod.

Well its rare for a all volunteer FD to run a ambulance, especially a ALS one. Most FDs that run ambulances are combination departments that have around 4 part time EMTs that work in shifts at the station with the off shift acting as firefighters if they are called. However in such a small town such things would probably be different, never having lived in a community that small (my smallest was 500 people) I bow to anyone else who has better knowledge.

Well its rare for a all volunteer FD to run a ambulance, especially a ALS one. Most FDs that run ambulances are combination departments that have around 4 part time EMTs that work in shifts at the station with the off shift acting as firefighters if they are called. However in such a small town such things would probably be different, never having lived in a community that small (my smallest was 500 people) I bow to anyone else who has better knowledge.

That makes sense, I was just thinking of that because he has made the Chester County ambulances, but you're probably correct.

MVAs are very uncommon in such a small town and few volunteer departments have the money to buy a large rescue rig. I suggested an engine and brush truck because brush fires occur commonly in rural areas and don't require an engine to respond- time and water can be saved with a small brush truck. Engine companies here carry MVA gear where rescues aren't available or rescues are called in via mutual aid.

Hate to disagree, but my home town (Boulder Junction, WI) was maybe 900 people who were true residents year round in an area that covers 100 square miles. Our VFD had a BLS Ambulance, with support from the local hospital for ALS but they were 20 miles to the south in Minocqua. Up there, every town that does not have a hospital seems to have it's own Ambulance. You kind of have to have something since it is so far to the nearest hospital. Many times, we pushed the "golden hour" rule just by being dispatched, responding to the location, then transporting to the hospital! Never mind if it was something out in the "sticks" of our coverage area.

MVAs are very uncommon in such a small town and few volunteer departments have the money to buy a large rescue rig. I suggested an engine and brush truck because brush fires occur commonly in rural areas and don't require an engine to respond- time and water can be saved with a small brush truck. Engine companies here carry MVA gear where rescues aren't available or rescues are called in via mutual aid.

Not a large rig, no, but all the volunteer departments around here have light-duty rescues such as this: http://www.unruhfire.com/rescue-trucks/. Also, this department appears to be affiliated with the county, therefore their funding is a little better. It's possible that they could have a heavy rescue. I suggest an engine with MVA equipment and an ambulance be put in the station.

^^ Seems like a decent idea, probably more like a clinic than a hospital. A lot of rural towns have clinics that can stabilize most injuries for transport to larger hospitals. I know the clinic at the Grand Canyon receives patients, packages them and then loads them into the helicopter or ambulance from a larger hospital.

My local volunteer/poc dept has two ALS ambulances. 2 emts assigned to each 12 hours and two contract paramedics. The emts respond from home and medics are at station.

I'd also feel one of the more common calls in a small town are MVAs. Most departments around me (big and small) carry extrication equipment on engines even if they have a large rescue truck.

Everything varies by area, so what ever bama decides works

In my area, most FD's do not have anything to do with EMS. We have several EMT's but its not like we run EMS calls. The first aid squad runs EMS calls and provides BLS and then we have paramedics who are contracted out from each hospital i believe. We have only one ALS unit in our area surprisingly, they do exceptionally well.

True, but in such a small town it would make no sense to have a separate first aid service, I know of many towns who technically have a first aid service (___ County First Responders and the like) however since all of the first responders are on the fire department it is pretty much the same. Remember a town of this size would likely have less than 20 firefighters total.