Guest Gotcha1823

The General LA MOD traffic thread

Lol, pmadden, on page 2, you were like "I know alot about computers; I worked for geeksquad". But the page before you were having trouble taking a screenshot... :loldev:

And yet his profile says hes 15. I havent ever seen a 15 year old working for geek squad. Even then he doesnt even know the difference between memory and hard drive space. Dont waste your time on him.

Guest pmadden94
Lol, pmadden, on page 2, you were like "I know alot about computers; I worked for geeksquad". But the page before you were having trouble taking a screenshot... :loldev:

Yeah...i was on my buddies computer, and it wasnt working...

And yet his profile says hes 15. I havent ever seen a 15 year old working for geek squad. Even then he doesnt even know the difference between memory and hard drive space. Dont waste your time on him.

my friend is 19 and works for them, and he got me a job over the summer

What do you mean i dont know the difference between hard drive and memory?

I had a major jam yesterday, because of two peds. How do they get out of their previous route, to stand in the middle of the street? It's retarded :1046275767_ugly:. I don't understand that the people won't move from in front of the civillian cars. That's just crap.

I had a major jam yesterday, because of two peds. How do they get out of their previous route, to stand in the middle of the street? It's retarded :1046275767_ugly:. I don't understand that the people won't move from in front of the civillian cars. That's just crap.

Best thing to do is use police officers to move hem out of the way.

Upon that, my pervious problem has returned from the dead (Muahahaha!) I cannot upload a pic because I am a lazy brat right now and I can't get anything done :P. Anyways, it's the intersection by the plaza. The one with only one traffic light? Ya know. Right; so I want to add the missing traffic lights to the intersection so that traffic won't be too much of a problem anymore. It is a 3-way intersection, but it technically is four but no cars come FROM the plaza. So I want to add the 2 lights to the main four lane road going north. (I'm trying to give directions to make sure you're with me) The only problem is I don't know how. I know how to locate the street light files (And I fixed the Error message) and how to place them, I just need to make them work. Please help again...

I hope that when you mess around in editor and change things to expieriment it doesn't save it... :cry:

Guest phyroxis

Hey guys,

I just installed LA mod and love it. I'm playing freeplay. Its going well, for the most part. The only issue is that occasionally a NPC car will just stop moving in the middle of the road, it wont respond to being arrested or directed by police officers. It ends up backing up traffic on the map.

Is there any fix for this? Even just being able to delete the car would work. Or more realistic stoplights? Something like that...

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Since this happens random its almost impossible to fix.

the car/person/dog, will fall of it's way-point for some reason.

and becomes static.

You can shoot the car, extinguish the fire, and tow the car away.

place an officer to redirect the traffic behind it.

and you should be fine.

EDIT: Forensics, don't type so fast!! :loldev:

Hey guys,

I just installed LA mod and love it. I'm playing freeplay. Its going well, for the most part. The only issue is that occasionally a NPC car will just stop moving in the middle of the road, it wont respond to being arrested or directed by police officers. It ends up backing up traffic on the map.

Is there any fix for this? Even just being able to delete the car would work. Or more realistic stoplights? Something like that...

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Merged with the traffic topic.

Guest razor61

Hi,

Sometimes my traffic comes to a complete stand still in all the maps but mostly in the LA Mod. The traffic lights do not turn green and i have queues of traffic in huge traffic jams all around the city because of this.

I have sent an engineer to see if i could fix them but this won't work unless the script sends a traffic down alert.

I have had to resort to using police to manage the traffic but then it gets even worse with diverting traffic all over the place.

It doens't happen all of the time but it does mostly after huge fire events whereby Fire Engines are blocking the roads or Police have previously diverted the traffic away.

The lights work fine and then just stay red... i then have traffic coming out of one road blocking another but themselves blocked by the jam infront of them and then the whole city starts to choke up for no reason at all.

I have also checked for people wandering around as i have seen and managed before whereby people will stop in the street and you have to remove them or tell them to move.

Does anyone have the same traffic problem and if so, how to rectify it?

Thanks

Guest phyroxis
Hi,

Sometimes my traffic comes to a complete stand still in all the maps but mostly in the LA Mod. The traffic lights do not turn green and i have queues of traffic in huge traffic jams all around the city because of this.

I have sent an engineer to see if i could fix them but this won't work unless the script sends a traffic down alert.

I have had to resort to using police to manage the traffic but then it gets even worse with diverting traffic all over the place.

It doens't happen all of the time but it does mostly after huge fire events whereby Fire Engines are blocking the roads or Police have previously diverted the traffic away.

The lights work fine and then just stay red... i then have traffic coming out of one road blocking another but themselves blocked by the jam infront of them and then the whole city starts to choke up for no reason at all.

I have also checked for people wandering around as i have seen and managed before whereby people will stop in the street and you have to remove them or tell them to move.

Does anyone have the same traffic problem and if so, how to rectify it?

Thanks

They're just gonna delete this thread (with no assistance given..), like they did with mine last night.

I didnt see this thread last night, but its back to the top of its forum so I was able to find it:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=9470

That should help you.

Still no answer for my problem..... :1046276128_motz:

Link to my topic about it: Some Questions About The Editor

It wasn't originally for the traffic problem, I just have questions that need answered... Please to not merge the topic, because it is not about traffic, but in the editor in general.

I haven't really followed the problems related to the traffic problems on the new freeplay map, so is there someone who can summarize the biggest (traffic) problems on the new map for me?

Hoppah

Probably the walmart intersection, (near the outdoor sign) Where there is only one traffic light; that is probably the most troublesome area in the map. A car from the street with the light blocks a car from the 4 lane road (Going north/south). It will not respond of my police officers and I had to shoot/take away last time. But can you tell me how to add streetlights to that intersection please?

Guest phyroxis
Probably the walmart intersection, (near the outdoor sign) Where there is only one traffic light; that is probably the most troublesome area in the map. A car from the street with the light blocks a car from the 4 lane road (Going north/south). It will not respond of my police officers and I had to shoot/take away last time. But can you tell me how to add streetlights to that intersection please?

Yes, it is the walmart intersection. Also theres a problem section north west of the main firehouse.

A car tries to merge into the far lane and ends up getting blocked by traffic waiting for the light. Then a car from the oncoming lane pins it in so none of them move and it backs up exponentially.

I tried putting in stoplights but when I ran the game, cars just drove through regardless of color.. So I presume there is some underlying technology I'm missing.

Help!! someone.

Guest phyroxis
It was right under the thread called "Traffic Traffic Traffic"

Basically, look under the Specs folder and edit the parameters file.

Look for something that says

<vehicletraffic factor="1.5"/>

and change the 1.5 to a lower number

FYI there are many instances of this line of code, depending on the time of day.. Be sure to edit all of them.

Guest phyroxis
Still no one has given us a tut on how to add fricken traffic lights... :mad22:

I have been able to put in lights.. They just end up being totally aesthetic though. I don't know how to place the invisible (in game) barriers.

EDIT: I have found that I have no traffic problems when I play the game on my desktop versus my laptop. The game also runs much faster, even at the normal speed.. Perhaps it is a processing issue that can't really be avoided on slower computers.

EDIT: I have found that I have no traffic problems when I play the game on my desktop versus my laptop. The game also runs much faster, even at the normal speed.. Perhaps it is a processing issue that can't really be avoided on slower computers.

I am sorry to tell you that this most likely will not be the problem . the reason I am saying this , is that I am running the game on a

Win7 x64 , all current drivers

non virtualized via native Bootcamp enviroment @ a

iMac 27' i7 2,8 GHz , 16GB RAM , ATi 4850

The machine has no performance issues at all , because I am running COD MW2 , NFS Shift , Wolfenstein 2 and so on without any problems at all !

Same problems occured even when I still used a PC for gameing beside my older iMac ( used to be a C2Q @ 4x2,8GHz , XFX GF 8800GTX , 4GB RAM , XP-SP2 )

BTT - the same seems to be near the police station ( rear parking lot of PD , turn right and head down to the 4 lane road ) , where cars are turning either away or into the 4lane main road and then they block the intersection ( or don't leave the intersection and seem to be static in front of a traffic light - this should not be , because the vehicle turns to the right and should only see the back of the traffic light ) mainly the problems occur because of vehicles coming from the rear section of the PD - some cars will receive and accept orders by officers or directional lights but some are not ( usually vehicles which are coming from the rear part PD section or actually the road parallel to the PD parking lot ) ....... blocking the lane by officer will not solve the problem - the vehicles will not turn around ...... as soon you move the officer away or redirect ( or block ) traffic on the 4 lane road then the vehicles from the side street will just drive on but will not follow any officers commands !

so the situation will look like this

.................v

..................|

................. | - - - - - - - <

..................\ - - - - - - - <

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

each dash or line stands for one vehicle , dots are placeholders only ( so they are meaningless but otherwise the format will change the lineup ) , arrows show driving direction