Guest Gotcha1823

The General LA MOD traffic thread

Guest Terminator5665

Me and my bud also have a similar problem, but with civs. When we play online sometimes random groups of over 100 civs will just appear randomly. Then they will stand out and block traffic. Anyone else have this happen?

Guest Curpling

Hi, Im playing the new 2.0 mod, and I absolutly low it. Thanks Hoopah.

But there is a small problem with the traffic, it jams up sometimes,, and I have read that several have this problem.

But I was thinking, an easy way to solve this is to enable tow trucks to tow any car or truck they want to.

Is this possible in some way? How can I do this?

no. They can only tow cars that are:

A-exploded/burned

B-stolen

not true

I tow a lot of cars way(at wall mart).

To make more room for fire truck, and limit the change of explosions when my FF's are in there

(Please note, the cars are intact)

i also do the same at the gas stations

And basically any car crowed place on the map.

(edit) cars that drive around can't be towed unless burned or stolen.

Guest pmadden94

ok, i forgot to mention parked cars..oops. Common sense?

Let me rephrase then:

You can tow...

Vehicles; including but not limited to, cars, trucks, big rigs, commercial vehicles, that are parked (never moved, never will move) burned or exploded or damaged in anyway,i.e. car crash where car did not go on fire. You can also tow stolen cars or cars used by an person who is now in police custody. and you can edit files..

Guest pmadden94

If you have a good computer. EM4 LA MOD works fine.

For me, the mod loads in exactly 1 minute and four seconds. And my freeplay maps loads in 39 seconds.

My advice: Dont install too much crap on your computer and it will work fine.

If you tow a car that is parked, then later it will respawn in that same spot.

If I have a vehicle that gets stucks or will not move, I have a pd unit arrive and shoot the vehcile until it starts smoking, then have the pd officer use an ext to put out the fire and then tow it away. Maybe not the best action, but it wokrs for clearing the traffic jams.

Guest pmadden94
C-parked cars

oops. forgot that one..

ok, i forgot to mention parked cars..oops. Common sense?

Let me rephrase then:

You can tow...

Vehicles; including but not limited to, cars, trucks, big rigs, commercial vehicles, that are parked (never moved, never will move) burned or exploded or damaged in anyway,i.e. car crash where car did not go on fire. You can also tow stolen cars or cars used by an person who is now in police custody. and you can edit files..

you must not have seen this post I made shortly afterwards..

I wish that the rollback trucks could "carry" two cars. One on the bed itself, and one towing behind. It's more realistic. I also think that if it's possible, the car being said "towed", when you select the caution lights to be turned on, the towed car's lights should come on.

Guest pmadden94

That would be good, but would be difficult to do.

Related to that, I had once suggested to change it so when you are towing a big rig, it looks bigger than when you are carrying, say a burned car.

You know what I mean? Its strange when you tow a big truck, and the second it gets on the flatbed, it magically shrinks.

But then again, it is a lot of work for something that is not completely necessary.

Hoppah does have things more important to do with his life than this mod.

Off topic a tad..I am good at programming. I spend a good two-three months building my own game. It was really good, and I burned it to CD's and gave it out to people at my high school, including teachers. It was great. It had its own installer and an automatic bug reporter feature. It was a lot of fun to play. Only problem is, one of my buddies (who isnt my buddy anymore) realized there was a way you could cheat during online play. So....he told everyone and online play sucks now because everyone cheats...Moral of the story: people put their lives into something and then it gets ruined....Hoppah and everyone else who dedicates time to this game; remember: family and friends come first.

Guest Drumit84

There is a fix for this, it happens because there should be a traffic light across from the entrance to the walmart... cars leaving from the police station side of the block make a left trun and get caught..and it blocks everything up... there is one traffic light there that is connected to an intersection up the block.. if you just add 2 traffic lights at that intersection. traffic proublem solved.. i did it and it works for me..

Lol, pmadden, on page 2, you were like "I know alot about computers; I worked for geeksquad". But the page before you were having trouble taking a screenshot... :loldev:

Well, I have searched for an answer for about 3 days now. I saw a thread titled "Traffic Traffic Traffic" and quite a few others... When I do edit the numbers lower for the traffic, it seems to get worse. I tried adding a few time zones in to keep it in check, that doesn't work either.

If anyone has some input please post it here... I am having huge issues with Response times and mission failures.

This is for Freeplay, Endless mission mode.

Thanks in advanced.