Guest Gotcha1823

The General LA MOD traffic thread

Guest Gotcha1823

Hello I am new here... And i am addicted to this great game and ever better mod!!!

But just yesterday i was looking in the forums and found a thread talking about turning the traffic down and what files to edit... But now i cant find it :1046276128_motz:

I did a search first and didnt find anything close to this, only other threads of people with the same problem or using a level editor.

Thanks!

EDIT: i am using LA v2.0

Hello I am new here... And i am addicted to this great game and ever better mod!!!

But just yesterday i was looking in the forums and found a thread talking about turning the traffic down and what files to edit... But now i cant find it :1046276128_motz:

I did a search first and didnt find anything close to this, only other threads of people with the same problem or using a level editor.

Thanks!

EDIT: i am using LA v2.0

It was right under the thread called "Traffic Traffic Traffic"

Basically, look under the Specs folder and edit the parameters file.

Look for something that says

<vehicletraffic factor="1.5"/>

and change the 1.5 to a lower number

Guest Gotcha1823
It was right under the thread called "Traffic Traffic Traffic"

Basically, look under the Specs folder and edit the parameters file.

Look for something that says

<vehicletraffic factor="1.5"/>

and change the 1.5 to a lower number

WOW, i feel silly... I swear i looked in there... :1046275767_ugly:

Thanks for the help

So much for making a big deal about it...

Does it work for 2.0?

Will it effect the traffic lights?

Will it reduce backup?

Can deleting spawn points do the same thing?

Edit: I changed the number and everything seems fine, expect for the peculiar longer waiting period while the game is loading...

Is there anyway to set the game so that LA MOD is the version of the game when it starts up?

I mean, when I first load it, it's just 911 First Responders. Then I have to load the mod from the moderations tab. Then it takes 5 minutes to load the mod, and then I need to load either freeplay or campaign. Freeplay takes about 4 minutes, and campaign varies. So I want to set it so the game automatically loads the mod while the game itself is loading. It there a way?

Guest Wilson

Open up the properties for your shortcut on the desktop, then go the the 'shortcut' tab.

In there, add the following into the 'target' box (just below where it says 'target location') after the rest of the text already in there-

-game -mod "Los Angeles Mod v2.0"

This is how you do it on Windows XP, can't speak for any other OS. Hope that helps.

My computer runs slow any day. I have a lot of crap loaded, with AIM and Yahoo MSG running 24/7 or whenever it's on. Then I have iTunes and Limewire on, I usually remember to close these 2, but other than than, there's too much stuff on the thing.

Guest ModMaker2009

Hi guys,

This is really getting annoying now, the traffic is getting beyond a joke!

I cant find the vehiclefactor line thing in the parameters file in the specs folder to turn the traffic down, Playing today and most if not all the traffic has come to a standstill.

48850502.jpg

Please can someone tell me how to stop this.. I am fed up with keep restarting the game.. As I said I CANT find the line to edit to turn down the traffic

Thanks

Guest pmadden94

Follow the traffic jam to the source. It could be that police car up there. It might also be two civilian cars that both tried to turn on the same road or something, in that case, use a police officer and redirect traffic. Thats what I do. At busy intersections, just station police cars with directionals on, and only let traffic flow in one direction. I will post a screen shot soon to show you what i mean.

Guest pmadden94
I looked through the files:

<vehicletraffic factor="2.0"/>

(In 'freeplayparameters.xml')

Only thing with that is if you try to go play online, it wont work. because the files need to be EXACTLY the same

And off-topic-noob question: how do you take a screenshot? I usually do CTRL+PRINT SCREEN, but i am on my laptop and it isnt working...what button is it?