Guest Gotcha1823

The General LA MOD traffic thread

Guest Sonny77

I just go to freeplay parameters and i try to change the vehicle traffic value to take care of my gridlock problem , but it wont let me change the values or anything . Basiclly i cannot edit anything in freeplay parameters file . Yes i do have vista and no error msg comes up , any help would be greatly appreciated thx . Also i did disable the UAC and still no results

Guest Francis

Well it worked and now lets see if it makes a difference in game . also will it effect saved games ? should i start new game for it to work ?

It should not change anything but I'd restart a new game if I were you just to be sure.

Guest imprezzed

Easiest solution i've found is to take a patrol car and block off the entrance to the map in the south east corner by wal mart, and don't use the patrol mode for your cops. A good amount of traffic still shows up.

Guest seanny

I wish that the rollback trucks could "carry" two cars. One on the bed itself, and one towing behind. It's more realistic. I also think that if it's possible, the car being said "towed", when you select the caution lights to be turned on, the towed car's lights should come on.

the winterberg mod can tow a car

Guest dionissimus

Sometimes, there are situations when there is nothing in front of the vehicle, but it won't move. Ever. This is a bug, but you CAN work around it. Here's how:

1. Send a water cannon (or any other FF unit) to the location.

2. Have your "shooters" (SWAT in LA mod, or Shooters/Marksmen in vanilla game) shoot up the car until it smokes.

3. Extinguish the car with the FF unit and call the tow (you should have called it a bit earlier, in fact)

4. Tow the offending vehicle away.

Hope this gets your problem solved.

Guest sondreen

To the one above me, here's an easier method;

1. Dispatch one LAPD cruiser, then the tow right after.

2. Let one officer shoot the vehicle, while the other one has his fire extinguisher ready.

3. Start extinguishing the moment it catches fire, then tow it away!

if you have emergency 4 dulex version and you play on the dulex map it can turn in to a event if it does then just move the cop cars

Guest lin1920522514

Sometimes, there are situations when there is nothing in front of the vehicle, but it won't move. Ever. This is a bug, but you CAN work around it. Here's how:

1. Send a water cannon (or any other FF unit) to the location.

2. Have your "shooters" (SWAT in LA mod, or Shooters/Marksmen in vanilla game) shoot up the car until it smokes.

3. Extinguish the car with the FF unit and call the tow (you should have called it a bit earlier, in fact)

4. Tow the offending vehicle away.

Hope this gets your problem solved.

yes i did the same way as you did

but it will cost time as cost uni

and if the traffic jam long long way

fire engine and tow can't be there

that is big problem

if you have emergency 4 dulex version and you play on the dulex map it can turn in to a event if it does then just move the cop cars

so, now my way is use 2 cops and 1 police car

block each road to enter the city

then my city is really Clear

but that is really boring

Edited by MikeyPI
Please use the Edit button or multiquote feature if you are trying to quote multiple people, do not double post.

my approach is not to send police cars and ambulances to patrol in the city

Instead putting number of police cars and ambulances to be in Stand-by mode in certain locations in the city.

Like: in parking area or the port area.

When there are cases, you simply send these stand-by vehicles to the locations.

This works for me and is very effective.

Since patrol vehicles often blocked the traffic while they are turning into the main street.

Just try to see if my method helps.

Guest lin1920522514

my approach is not to send police cars and ambulances to patrol in the city

Instead putting number of police cars and ambulances to be in Stand-by mode in certain locations in the city.

Like: in parking area or the port area.

When there are cases, you simply send these stand-by vehicles to the locations.

This works for me and is very effective.

Since patrol vehicles often blocked the traffic while they are turning into the main street.

Just try to see if my method helps.

That's good idea

i will try it

I put LAPD units on patrol but only 1 per route. I found that they are then less likely to block up traffic. And when they do its easier to spot.

Also removeing the obstructing vehicle usually allows the traffic to fix itself.

I have noticed that occasionally redirected traffic causes issues around the Cinema and McDonalds area. The problem is that attempting to redirect it again doesn't work. And redirecting the other row of traffic only lets the problem re-appear later on. Usually at a less covinient time. The only perminent solution I have found is once I've noticed the key vehicles causeing the problems. Blocking them each off one by one with police cars, destoying the car and then towing the wrecks. Does anyone have any other solutions that won't involve the murdering of inocent civilians just because thier too thick to realise when a police officers telling them to turn around. I'll try and upload some screens of the offending area later.