Guest Gotcha1823

The General LA MOD traffic thread

Hi,

Sometimes my traffic comes to a complete stand still in all the maps but mostly in the LA Mod. The traffic lights do not turn green and i have queues of traffic in huge traffic jams all around the city because of this.

I have sent an engineer to see if i could fix them but this won't work unless the script sends a traffic down alert.

I have had to resort to using police to manage the traffic but then it gets even worse with diverting traffic all over the place.

It doens't happen all of the time but it does mostly after huge fire events whereby Fire Engines are blocking the roads or Police have previously diverted the traffic away.

The lights work fine and then just stay red... i then have traffic coming out of one road blocking another but themselves blocked by the jam infront of them and then the whole city starts to choke up for no reason at all.

I have also checked for people wandering around as i have seen and managed before whereby people will stop in the street and you have to remove them or tell them to move.

Does anyone have the same traffic problem and if so, how to rectify it?

Thanks

I've had the exact same problem. Just redirect or burn 'em up by shooting at it then tow it. make sure all of the other cars are backed up from the car being shot.

I put LAPD units on patrol but only 1 per route. I found that they are then less likely to block up traffic. And when they do its easier to spot.

Also removeing the obstructing vehicle usually allows the traffic to fix itself.

I have noticed that occasionally redirected traffic causes issues around the Cinema and McDonalds area. The problem is that attempting to redirect it again doesn't work. And redirecting the other row of traffic only lets the problem re-appear later on. Usually at a less covinient time. The only perminent solution I have found is once I've noticed the key vehicles causeing the problems. Blocking them each off one by one with police cars, destoying the car and then towing the wrecks. Does anyone have any other solutions that won't involve the murdering of inocent civilians just because thier too thick to realise when a police officers telling them to turn around. I'll try and upload some screens of the offending area later.

Try not to send them on patrol too much because they'll just freeze in a spot. This happened to me and the traffic backed up a little too far. About 2 blocks full of cars with no one in front of the police car.

Try not to send them on patrol too much because they'll just freeze in a spot. This happened to me and the traffic backed up a little too far. About 2 blocks full of cars with no one in front of the police car.

I rarely have this problem with only 3 units on patrol. If 1 car ever gets stuck I just click them and click patrol city again. They usually just back up a bit out of the way and then patrol just as they were before. Sometimes they just get stuck where they were before again but just moving it out the way a bit and then clicking patrol city usually works a treat.

Okay, so now I'm confused. After reading all of this, which parameter file does freeplay use? fp_params_endless.xml or freeplayparameters.xml?

I have always been under the impression it was fp_params_endless.xml. freeplayparameters.xml looks like maybe its a back up.

Guest Chargers2960

I edited the freeplayparameters.xml so there will be less person/vehicle traffic. I also don't have my cruisers patrol. This solved the traffic jams and the people standing in the roads.

My computer runs slow any day. I have a lot of crap loaded, with AIM and Yahoo MSG running 24/7 or whenever it's on. Then I have iTunes and Limewire on, I usually remember to close these 2, but other than than, there's too much stuff on the thing.

Take the crap off your Desktop that you don't need. If you have another hard drive, move the crap there. :mukkies:

A year old bump...hoping some of you folks are still around...

Anyway, so I used to play 911 on my Win7 desktop but that was old and bad, so I have it on my laptop now which is a powerful Win8 PC. This is relevant because with the new PC, if I try to start the game up normally, it will open the window for a split second and then close immediately and not start up. The counter to this is I've had to start as administrator. I have a theory this is why when I edited my freeplayparams.xml file it didn't work. But the problem is that I've edited the same way with files to change speeds of cars, and that works, so now I'm starting to wonder if its a different problem.

I wanted to turn off all civilian traffic in the entire map, while increasing ped traffic. I set 0.0 for each vehicletraffic variable in the timezones but when I saved, imported the new .xml and loaded it up again, I still have a bunch of cars roaming. I'm going to bed, so I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me, I'll be doing some more testing tomorrow but I'd really like to stop all civilian traffic within my endless freeplay. I'd prefer to avoid having to delete spawn points for vehicles if possible.

Sorry for the bump, but it is a pinned topic. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to edit the traffic vehicles to be towable without being damaged or stolen. I recall on my long read through this thread, I saw someone mention that as an alternative to shooting, extinguishing and towing. I already know how to edit dispatchable police vehicles for the most part. Just don't know how to identify what's used for the traffic. Thanks.

I was trying to mess around with tow trucks and never seemed to get my changes working. It appears that the LA mod didn't touch the script in question, "loadup", since it only exists in the base game's scripts.

Go ahead and copy it over onto the LA command script folder, then take a look at the "CheckTarget" section. The lines under "if (Target->GetType() == ACTOR_VEHICLE)" control if a targeted vehicle can be chosen. I'm not entirely sure, but it could be the "if (!v.IsParking()) return false;" that stops you from picking up active traffic vehicles.