Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Hey Hops!

I played through the L.A. mod the other night and played through the original camp. (8 hours! Record time!) and in the flood level I was thinking "It would be cool if there were sandbags"

Would this be something you may consider for future versions as an additional command to the National guard unit.

What would be the point of those in this game? There aren't any missions that require you to stop flooding or prevent it. I'm all for new ideas, if they would add a great feature or use in the game... but in my option (not worth much), sandbags wouldn't provide much for gameplay.

-d

What use is there for warning lights, traffic vests, 3 divisions of squad cars, two different boats, and two different fire engines? Oh yeah, realisim.

All of those things mentioned have uses within the game though, with the exception of the traffic vests. It is a work vs. reward scenario with the creation of sand bags. Will spending all the time it takes to model them, script them and test them, really make that much of a benefit or impact within the game. I doubt it.

Again, there is no actual use for them within the game. They would be there simply for aesthetics and add one more command... that is it.

-d

What use is there for warning lights, traffic vests, 3 divisions of squad cars, two different boats, and two different fire engines? Oh yeah, realisim.

Do they need any use? I can ask the same thing about quality of graphics. Why 3D if 2D also works? 'Oh yeah, realism'.

Will spending all the time it takes to model them, script them and test them, really make that much of a benefit or impact within the game. I doubt it.

Again, there is no actual use for them within the game. They would be there simply for aesthetics and add one more command... that is it.

-d

Will you be the one modeling and scripting it??? I doubt it so don't worry about it.

Another good example of people who are dumbheaded.

GOOD LORD I WAS ASKING SO I KNEW IF I WAS GOING TO WASTE MY TIME MAKING THEM MYSELF!! HOLY JESUS YOU GUYS LOve FLAMING!!!

I have to say though I tove the L.A. river good job Hops, it makes me feel like I'm home in L.A. again. Or in Chicago.... it kinda reminds me a little cause there are a bunch of dudes with guns on the map even though they shouldn't (My bad on a map edit.)

the mod is fine as it is. if you want anything changed start a private submod topic like i do. im make submods, still waiting for permission. but i'm not crying to let hoppah do the work. i try it my own. that's what most part of your live is about you dont get manager of a big company letting other people doing the work, you need to do it your own. besides it always nice to do some scripting experience (atleast for me it is).

LA Mod V2.0 is downloadable in the download center, just do one click more instead of letting people copy and paste the link.

the mod is fine as it is. if you want anything changed start a private submod topic like i do. im make submods, still waiting for permission. but i'm not crying to let hoppah do the work. i try it my own. that's what most part of your live is about you dont get manager of a big company letting other people doing the work, you need to do it your own. besides it always nice to do some scripting experience (atleast for me it is).

LA Mod V2.0 is downloadable in the download center, just do one click more instead of letting people copy and paste the link.

you say it to bad topic...

He has not labeled the mod as FINAL so I would guess there will be more updates, just less frequently since he's already done so much that anything else he does will just be updating what he has already, along with minor improvements as he goes along.

Guest Francis

How come I can't download the file? It shows me this " [#10867] We could not find the file specified" any clue what to do?

This is a bug related to the download centre not being 100% updated to the last files. We will fix it as soon as possible. For now, you may need to find a mirror: http://gta-sa-mp.com/files/Los_Angeles_Mod_v2-0_by_Hoppah.zip