Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

FFEMTNECKER

Many times people have different results when it comes to the numbers.

Sometimes INCREASING it seems to lower issues.

I suggest you try that, if you still have issues, try a clean install then give us screenshots of the areas traffic begins building up from, this will allow the more experienced guys here who can help resolve the issues for you.

I suggest a clean install as you have already said yourself you are not good with codes & scripts.

A clean slate will help members here assist you.

Saying 'it still happens!' does not help in any way shape or form.

For all we know, the traffic is building up because the drivers are staring at the bikini clad car-washers, or the prostitutes.

Locations and images help here.

Engine30

Whether you can find his post or not, you are talking to people who have been active on this forum a long time.

Look at Hoppah himself, member no 4?

He has said he does not want to start messing around with limited water and the use of fire hydrants.

As suggested to you, winterberg mod has this. I suggest you start playing that.

Failing that, wait until the NY mod comes out, as they have said it will feature in their game.

oh thats dumb wonder why hoppah wont but whatever

If you had been on the forum long enough, hoppah has been at the forefront of finding ways to make things that were classed 'impossible' in this game possible.

His tiller, for example.

Therefore, i'd retract a comment such as that.

[EDIT]

Found hoppah's post for you e30

I have no idea how to add limited water to the mod. Supply lines should be possible, but serve no purpose if the engine's already have unlimited water.

Was something like the 7th or 8th comment if you search 'water supply' as suggested.

Dumb $H!T or not, I don't know how to do make limited water, so I'm not going to make my hands dirty. Supply lines are useles if the water supply is already unlimited. It's only a game which is not even close to a simulator. Mods like the NY mod seem to push everything to a next level, but I am not going to do that too on my own if people were expecting that. Emergency 4 is way too basic to make it work like a simulator in my opinion.

Dumb $H!T or not, I don't know how to do make limited water, so I'm not going to make my hands dirty

Not to anger you Hoppah, but at one time you didnt know how to make a tiller, or even mid mount crane, but you got the job done. Im not asking for water supply though, just saying. :P

Hoppah, is there ever going to be a fix up of the lights on some of the fire vehicles? Both the engines in the mod have flashers modeled on the rear above the brake lights, above the rear wheel, immediately behind the rear doors, on the side AC boxes, and on the side right behind the front bumper. The housings for the flashers are modeled but there is no light there.

The battalion chief SUV has flashers modeled above the front wheels also. It should also have flashers on the rear doors.

The foam tender also needs flashers under the door, above the rear wheels, and on the back above the tail lights.

The HAZMAT squad also needs some flashers behind the front bumper, on the roof AC boxes, on the side about halfway back, above the rear wheel, and possible on the back.

The side flashers on the brush patrol are a good example of how the lights should be for the two engines, the foam tender, the HAZMAT squad, and the battalion chief SUV.

Also, on the USAR and HAZMAT squads, the red flasher next to the left headlight is not flashing. I presume it should flash insync to the oppsite flasher, like on the engines, because both the USAR nad HAZMAT squads already have steady burns on the lightbar.

Hoppah, is there ever going to be a fix up of the lights on some of the fire vehicles? Both the engines in the mod have flashers modeled on the rear above the brake lights, above the rear wheel, immediately behind the rear doors, on the side AC boxes, and on the side right behind the front bumper. The housings for the flashers are modeled but there is no light there.

The battalion chief SUV has flashers modeled above the front wheels also. It should also have flashers on the rear doors.

The foam tender also needs flashers under the door, above the rear wheels, and on the back above the tail lights.

The HAZMAT squad also needs some flashers behind the front bumper, on the roof AC boxes, on the side about halfway back, above the rear wheel, and possible on the back.

The side flashers on the brush patrol are a good example of how the lights should be for the two engines, the foam tender, the HAZMAT squad, and the battalion chief SUV.

Also, on the USAR and HAZMAT squads, the red flasher next to the left headlight is not flashing. I presume it should flash insync to the oppsite flasher, like on the engines, because both the USAR nad HAZMAT squads already have steady burns on the lightbar.

öhm if hoppah would fix it there is no use for the PRL submod

i you want more realistic lights use the PRL submode or make it on your own

öhm if hoppah would fix it there is no use for the PRL submod

i you want more realistic lights use the PRL submode or make it on your own

The PRL submod is realistic? I don't think we share opinions on this one. This has been brought up before and I don't want to start another discussion. I'll see about the lights that are not used.

The PRL submod is realistic? I don't think we share opinions on this one. This has been brought up before and I don't want to start another discussion. I'll see about the lights that are not used.

okey well i'm not from la so i can not say much about it ...

good to hear that you will see about the lights so maybe some day we can match you lights to the PRL lights^^

but for now no more light discussion :12:

mfg unknown654 :holdglass:

good to hear that you will see about the lights so maybe some day we can match you lights to the PRL lights^^

That's not the point. The original lights are pretty close to real life with a few exceptions. Adding side flashers only make them even more realistic.

You can go to YouTube and look up the lights on LAFD units. I assure you they look nothing like the PRL units.

The only reason I brought this up is because Hoppah said there won't be any large additions to the LA mod any time soon. I thought this would be a good time to add some "polish" and realism to the mod.

That's not the point. The original lights are pretty close to real life with a few exceptions. Adding side flashers only make them even more realistic.

You can go to YouTube and look up the lights on LAFD units. I assure you they look nothing like the PRL units.

The only reason I brought this up is because Hoppah said there won't be any large additions to the LA mod any time soon. I thought this would be a good time to add some "polish" and realism to the mod.

I added those lights in myself. It took a while but it's nothing to get worked up over.

Guest butterballs1

well both im new to the forum and the mods

Are you talking about the freeplay map for the deluxe version?

Or a map submod?

BTW: Welcome to the forum! :)

well both im new to this forum anyway

Guest Sonny77

Hello everyone , i just got the first responders game and ive been checkin out info on that LA mod , it looks really awesome but my only conflict is i dont kno where to download it cause that server is down , can anyone please lend a helping hand if u could? also any info on installing mods for beginners would be very much appreciated , Thank You Everyone.

Guest Sonny77

Im sorry to be a pain in the butt , but i had one more question about the LA mod . Its downloaded to my game but it does not seem to be working . At the main menu in the game i went to the modification option and there were 2 choices the original and LA mod 2.0 and i chose LA mod and it basically was the same game format as before , so i was jus wonderin if i was supposed to do somthin else ? Any info would be very appreciated , also does anybody know where to acquire the police vehicles for LA mod that have the updated lightbars and the wig wag, undercover units? thank you and sorry for being full of questions