Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

hello all, not trying to get off topic, i just do not understand why people who play these awesome mods which by the way you don't have to pay for cannot understand the one big rule, do not ask for release dates. i am so grateful to have all of the wonderful modders out there trying new things to enhance everyone's gameplay and the last thing i'm gonna do is anger people with when is it coming out, are u almost done,etc. thankyou all for putting in this extra work which you don't need to even need to share with the rest of us. take your time and keep up the great work! happy holidays!

I really like the idea of a K-9 Unit...but most k-9 units that i have seen are all SUV's not the crown vic. correct me if im wrong but i dont think that the crown vic is most sutible for the K-9

I'd say that 75% of the PD's around the LA area use Crown Victoria's for their K9 units. There is a flat panel back there instead of a plastic bench seat. Plenty of room once you take that out.

-d

I really like the idea of a K-9 Unit...but most k-9 units that i have seen are all SUV's not the crown vic. correct me if im wrong but i dont think that the crown vic is most sutible for the K-9

Well, let me help you out by showing you what the LAPD utilizes for their K9

LAPD Bite Dog Crown vic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/4130842912/

Rear/Inside of LAPD k9 Crown Vic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/4065445673/

LAPD Tracker Dog 2 kennel truck

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/3844085338/

LAPD Bomb Detection K9 Crown Vic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/4065402481/

LAPD Narco/Vice Dog (non emergency response vehicle due to special nature of their mission)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/4118027949/

So there ya go, Crown vics for the Bite Dogs and Bomb Detection units, a special 1 off truck for the 2 tracker dogs, and a specially modified truck for the Narco/Vice unit. LAPD does not utilize SUV's for their Canine officers.

i ask hoppah not you!

Nice job breaking the ToS. You crossed yourself and then made yourself a suspect XD that's how it's done. You are now an example of how to lie about asking for a release date, then admit it.

The Crown Vic is more than suitable for a K-9 unit. The Crown Vic is probably the most widely used car for any police force, from traffic to undercover. In California, Crown Vic's are used for K-9's (This is not from a guide, but from experience, and not me being arrested, but places I tend to be around quite a bit now) L.A, San Bernadino County, Riverside (City and County) San Diego, Orange (Their switching to Chargers, as are most police forces) and many more. Point is, It's suitable. I think SUV's are over the top.

Well if the back seat can seat two large males comfortably, it's fine for a german shepard. At least in my opinion

Agreed.

I'd say that 75% of the PD's around the LA area use Crown Victoria's for their K9 units. There is a flat panel back there instead of a plastic bench seat. Plenty of room once you take that out.

-d

Not exactly. Mostly depends on where you look, the Vic's are more maneuverable and can accelerate faster than an SUV, making them more suitable for all around use. other counties use them, not L.A

Liking the look of 2.0 btw!

Great pic's btw Mike

Off Topic: Great news guys, I have to be Santa on Saturday. Just don't ask which one out of the 100's to 1000's in L.A, hahaha (Probably an exaggeration)

Update: There won't any other additions to v2.0 besides the new features which were already posted (click!), but I can happily announce that v2.0 will be released before the end of the year! :1046276057_GroupHug:

I am still busy with testing the new additions and making a Deluxe version of the new freeplaymap, but that shouldn't take that long. I also need a few trustworthy people who are willing to host a mirror of the Los Angeles Mod v2.0 when it's going to be released. PM me of you're interesed and let me know how you are going to host the mod.

Update: There won't any other additions to v2.0 besides the new features which were already posted (click!), but I can happily announce that v2.0 will be released before the end of the year! :1046276057_GroupHug:

I am still busy with testing the new additions and making a Deluxe version of the new freeplaymap, but that shouldn't take that long. I also need a few trustworthy people who are willing to host a mirror of the Los Angeles Mod v2.0 when it's going to be released. PM me of you're interesed and let me know how you are going to host the mod.

Great! One question. Are the fire stations scripts unchanged from 1.9.3? It would be nice if they were the same so I can just copy and paste my current edited scripts that have the tiller in FS1.

A suggestion. The timers for the light force to leave the station when the BC or EMS captain calls them are too short if you have the tiller in FS1. The engine ends up driving inside the trailer of the tiller since trailers have no physics. The engine should always be following the truck anyways because tha's what MikesPhotos said in his guide.

Great! One question. Are the fire stations scripts unchanged from 1.9.3? It would be nice if they were the same so I can just copy and paste my current edited scripts that have the tiller in FS1.

A suggestion. The timers for the light force to leave the station when the BC or EMS captain calls them are too short if you have the tiller in FS1. The engine ends up driving inside the trailer of the tiller since trailers have no physics. The engine should always be following the truck anyways because tha's what MikesPhotos said in his guide.

I don't know if that's possible, because like you said the trailer has no physics, so it's like it's not there.

@Hoppah: very nice, is the new truck like the old motor boat transporter, or will it carry equipment (besides the boat) and people?

The only changes are the 'automatic vehicle emptying' switch I have added.