Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Now, first off, let me start by saying that I am NOT, repeat NOT 'blowing up on, picking on, yelling at, discriminating against nor singling out' ANYONE on this forum, I'm just simlply pointing some of MY observations out.

I find it (not very) funny that people complain that the LA Mod isn't real enough. It doesn't have this, it doesen't have that. If you don't like it, don't play it. Hoppah works INCREADIBLY hard to make the mod as proffesional and functionable as he does, he doesn't need people whining because its not how THEY want it. If you want your mod to have said thing, make it yourself. If you have ANY modding experience (which I don't... really) you understand just how hard, time consuming and frustrating a mod of this scale and quality can be. If not, look at what other people are saying.

There's many things I'd like to see in the game, however, I'm perfectly content playing with the LA Units, as that's where this mod's based.

Again; I'm not trying to pick a fight, or anything like that. I'm just simply saying: pick one; realistic, or ficticious (<< spelling on that??)

Sorry if I've offended anyone :(

Eli

I think like you, FortErieFireEli, and there aren't any Computergame, which shows the realism.

I wanted to make a mod, too, but I've seen after a short time. it's harder than you think to make a (good) mod, like Hoppah's LA Mod and all other mod.

(I hope you can understand my text, because I'm not very good in English)

Once again LAFD does not use volunteers.

LAFD does not use volunteers? never mind!

But here I thought the volunteer firemen of the city Los Angeles, it could also be in the modification.

L.A. Mod is not just LAFD, but there can be other fire brigades in L.A. City and L.A. County.

volunteer firefighters are in the all States, so why not in Los Angeles ? :cool:

LAFD does not use volunteers? never mind!

But here I thought the volunteer firemen of the city Los Angeles, it could also be in the modification.

L.A. Mod is not just LAFD, but there can be other fire brigades in L.A. City and L.A. County.

volunteer firefighters are in the all States, so why not in Los Angeles ? :cool:

Los Angeles is a city, not a state. Los Angeles COUNTY does have volunteers, but they only operate out of a very small amount of stations, in rural areas. La Habra Heights (in LA County) is a volunteer dept (with part-time paid ff/paramedics), but that is relatively far away from LA City and would not mutual-aid with LA City. You also have teen-age fire explorers that technically volunteer their time, and you might find them on fire apparatus, but they ride along as observers.

So long story short, putting volunteers in this mod would be inaccurate. The call volume in LA City is much too high to be anything but a paid-professional fire service.

Los Angeles is a city, not a state.

I know that Los Angeles is not a state, "All States" I thought the entire state of California.

build fire station to volunteer firefighters from the City of Los Angeles, and show you it.

.::few words about the fire Dept of our Republic::.

I am here from the Czech Republic and we have in every larger city, professional and volunteer firefighters, professional firefighters are state organizations have headquarters which is part of the Ministry of Interior, in each county is a regional headquarters, which is responsible for several district stations, which are even smaller station in the district. Stations volunteer firefighters are mostly owned of towns and villages.

I know we have a couple Volunteer stations as I saw two trucks come from two different directions going to the same location and let me tell you, I think you'd be better off using a garden hose to put out the fire. We have a few of these around in smaller cities, but in the main county seat and a few of the cities semi-connected to it we have normal, well equipped stations. I can't see LA being any different... Things like this need to just be left to sub-mods and not put into the main version of the game...

----

I have a few questions that might have been addressed in other locations but the search function does not give very good results... way too many articles. Are the below things possible?

1: Return to Station requires vehicles to follow traffic laws, much like patrol.

2: Emergency vehicles can pass other emergency vehicles - This one bothers me... Is there anyway to fix this?!'

3: Events regarding "Freeway Service Patrol". I had re-skinned the brush truck to look like this, but would even regarding "Engine Trouble" or "Flat Tire" be possible where you send out a repair guy who fixes it on the spot much like a light being broken or the rail crossing?

I have a few questions that might have been addressed in other locations but the search function does not give very good results... way too many articles. Are the below things possible?

1: Return to Station requires vehicles to follow traffic laws, much like patrol.

2: Emergency vehicles can pass other emergency vehicles - This one bothers me... Is there anyway to fix this?!'

3: Events regarding "Freeway Service Patrol". I had re-skinned the brush truck to look like this, but would even regarding "Engine Trouble" or "Flat Tire" be possible where you send out a repair guy who fixes it on the spot much like a light being broken or the rail crossing?

1. If I remember correctly, that is hard coded into the game, so no, it's not possible, as far as I know.

2. Are you saying they can or can't pass other emergency vheicles in game? way, I don't know if changing that is possible.

3. I don't know for sure, but there are people who have created new events, so it might be possible, I have no idea.

@tft.cf: there is a very limited (if any) volunteer fire departments in L.A. County, because L.A. county has it's own fire department, so pretty much everywhere outside of the cities with paid departments is covered with the county department, and if there are any volunteer departments in L.A. County, I highly doubt they come into L.A. City?

@ Hoppah: with 2.0, is there any chance that we'll see either some events that aren't currently on the new freeplay map come onto the map, or some events that are entirely new?

I can't wait for 2.0 but only my suggestion is add a option button to all of the emergency vehicles to return to there respected stations or parking space.

The vehicles do have a return to station button already, or am I missing something here?

I can't wait for 2.0 but only my suggestion is add a option button to all of the emergency vehicles to return to there respected stations or parking space. But keep up the great work i'm enjoying every moment of the game. :rolleyes:

I don't know that Hoppah could do that though, unless he creates another enginge, because I believe the vehicles just go to the closest station for their type of vehicle.

I don't know that Hoppah could do that though, unless he creates another enginge, because I believe the vehicles just go to the closest station for their type of vehicle.

They do, which can be annoying if you send several fire engines 1 back to station they can all crowd up at station 2 and of course there is only room for 1 not 3.

Unlike the Los Angeles Mod, I believe each vehicle in the Winterberg mod is unique. Making a script to return EACH vehicle back to base is relatively easy for that. In case of the Los Angeles Mod, you can have like 10 Fire Engine's of the same type on the map and all of them will try to park on the same spot at fire station 1 then. I don't have explain what is most likely to happen then.

Guest M1n1d0u

but in 2.0 can you add a script to organise the zone like in the winterberg mod with a EMS captain can call Mass Cassualties and order to the EMS to heal with priority (1/10 need urgent medic 5/10 need a choper 10/10 need an ambulance) with some sign (black for dead red to urgence yellow to stable and green to ready for medi evac or a thing like this it's just an idea

but in 2.0 can you add a script to organise the zone like in the winterberg mod with a EMS captain can call Mass Cassualties and order to the EMS to heal with priority (1/10 need urgent medic 5/10 need a choper 10/10 need an ambulance) with some sign (black for dead red to urgence yellow to stable and green to ready for medi evac or a thing like this it's just an idea

Yes i like the victim 'colour' thing.