Hoppah

LAPD or LASD K9?

K9  

133 members have voted

1. 1. LAPD or LASD?

• LAPD
    • LASD
    • Neither, I am allergic to dogs

well like I was saying, that vehicle (above) is used for the lapd bloodhounds, so depending on whether the dog will have an attack command or not may influence the type of vehicle.

Sources: All pics from mikesphotos

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...sa%3DX%26um%3D1

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...sa%3DX%26um%3D1

I agree on the CHP part of a k-9 unit, tho once the functionality is there, would make it easy to make additional highway missions possibly that would involve the CHP more heavily in the future, possibly a drug interdiction or something even.

I think the poster sees the same thing I do locally, that the FHP has a very reduced role, doesn't mean they don't have the authority but in NE FLA they rarely get involved in anything outside of a state roadway or highway. I'm pretty sure in Tallahasee they have a much larger role due to the state offices and legislature and a greater drug interdiction role in south florida/miami area, While no nonsense when you encounter one, from NE FL to Orlando they appear to be highway watchdogs and most known for their wolfpack traffic operation stings.

Not as much as you'd think... FHP has sort of a downplayed role. I could be wrong, I know we've got a member whos with FHP.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/

They do some drug interdiction.. they do some check points, they mostly work accidents, and stuff like that. I don't ever see them around here though. I know they've got a tactical team, which probably helps with drug interdiction stuff.

Guest matt31896
Hmmm, I just found the following two photos

I am not creating Bomb K9, but that Bomb K9 SUV will also do for normal K9 (public order enforcement dog) I guess.

Can someone tell the make and type of that SUV? Looks like a Toyota.

I am not sure what the purpose of the white F150 is, Code2High mentions it under K9. Never saw it before.

http://www.code2high.com/lapd.htm

That was the same SUV that you used in v2.5 of Em3. If you guys looked close enough you could see K-9 on the back side door in the unit pic. I say LAPD SUV.

BTW LAPD K-9s respond faster than LASD K-9s.

Yes, I think it's an older Ford Explorer. :)

It is indeed an older Ford Explorer. There is actually a law in California (I saw it in an article about the Crown Vic) that states no Law Enforcement agency here can use foreign made vehicles. I will try to find this law and at least put a link to it here.

This is why although a Camry or 4Runner is much more efficient than a CV or Expedtion, we don't see them in police service.

Guest matt31896
Unless it's an LASD contract city, in which case the LAPD won't even respond. :popcorn:

But this is the LA Mod, not the Every City in The Cali Mod. *stole some of Hoppah's popcorn* :popcorn:

Hmmm, I just found the following two photos

I am not creating Bomb K9, but that Bomb K9 SUV will also do for normal K9 (public order enforcement dog) I guess.

Can someone tell the make and type of that SUV? Looks like a Toyota.

I am not sure what the purpose of the white F150 is, Code2High mentions it under K9. Never saw it before.

http://www.code2high.com/lapd.htm

The Bomb k-9 is a 2000 or so ford explorer,the truck is not an F150 its a F250.

BTW LAPD K-9s respond faster than LASD K-9s.

Thats not always true. This could be looked at from both real life and the mod.

IRL: If its an area near city limits LASD could just as easily respond faster. Depends on where the units are when there dispatched.

Mod: If you need a K-9 near the hospital LASD would be quicker since they spawn in that top right corner of the map.

It is indeed an older Ford Explorer. There is actually a law in California (I saw it in an article about the Crown Vic) that states no Law Enforcement agency here can use foreign made vehicles. I will try to find this law and at least put a link to it here.

This is why although a Camry or 4Runner is much more efficient than a CV or Expedtion, we don't see them in police service.

Odd law, but this could possibly be argued since theres a Toyota Plant about 20-30 minuetes from where i live. Thing is so huge it almost needs its own zip code lol. I forget what there making now. At one time it was Tundras I think, then the Sequoia and now I think there making the highlander.

Guest madforce

And I find the comment about a Camry being more efficient too black and white. Most agencies choose the CV because of its power and the fact that it's real wheel drive which is in line with the pursuit training officers receive and components made for the CV are more readily available due to it's longer service life. Most agencies actually view the Impala as a downgrade due to it being FWD, hence why you see many more chargers in highway patrol and more speed/pursuit oriented agencies. It's part of the reason why GM is bringing back the caprice aka Pont G8 as a police vehicle. High power, zeta platform (camaro platform) and RWD, gogo LS2. Camry might be more efficent for the small municipality that doesn't deal with a pursuit angle, but that's why you see CHP and FHP going to the charger from the CV since it's being phased out. The CV's replacement will be a new FWD Taurus which I don't think have agencies overjoyed, hence, welcome back Caprice and Charger.

Foreign car.... for some reason a volvo doesn't quite have that same image that gets projected as the others...lol

DSCN1088.JPG

13802202391f2c72796oir0.jpg

Tho that image causes me to want to hurl...lol And they were not seized vehicles unfortunately...

better watch out the thread is getting quite off topic here lol

And I find the comment about a Camry being more efficient too black and white. Most agencies choose the CV because of its power and the fact that it's real wheel drive which is in line with the pursuit training officers receive and components made for the CV are more readily available due to it's longer service life. Most agencies actually view the Impala as a downgrade due to it being FWD, hence why you see many more chargers in highway patrol and more speed/pursuit oriented agencies. It's part of the reason why GM is bringing back the caprice aka Pont G8 as a police vehicle. High power, zeta platform (camaro platform) and RWD, gogo LS2. Camry might be more efficent for the small municipality that doesn't deal with a pursuit angle, but that's why you see CHP and FHP going to the charger from the CV since it's being phased out. The CV's replacement will be a new FWD Taurus which I don't think have agencies overjoyed, hence, welcome back Caprice and Charger.

Foreign car.... for some reason a volvo doesn't quite have that same image that gets projected as the others...lol

Tho that image causes me to want to hurl...lol And they were not seized vehicles unfortunately...

It looks so... not threatening, unlike the charger. The chargers got a face on the front

Anyway, :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

I actually like that F150, that would be cool in game.

Guest madforce
I think the one with the chrome grille (I think the 250, could be 150 though) that one should be used if using a pickup because the other one looks older and blander, where that one looks newer (and is) and not so bland.

It's a 250, I'd use it or the tahoe myself. I'm not a fan of those model explorer's anyhow ;)

I'd lean towards the 250, would add another variety to the PD vehicles, and it still fits since it's a real unit.

A Camry Police car? Y crown vics and Chargers are meant to grab attention. I know some people in the LAPD, so here's why they choose these kinds of cars, and not lame Camry's. 1. Lack of power. A Toyota does not have the power to keep up with most street vehicles today. Maybe back in the 40's, but don't worry. DOT has some Priuses, so you and your environmental friendliness can roll with DOT and their boring job. 2. Making a Police presence known. A Camry just does not have the presence a Charger or Crown Vic has. When a Charger or a Crown Vic pull up, it's very recognizable as a Police presence. If a Camry came rolling up, it would be like "What is this, a joke? my late 90's Ford Taurus can beat these guys in an outrun." When it comes down to it, will a Camry keep up with a Ford Mustang? With even throwing a turbo on a Camry, it's still "rice" in the tuning world, because a stock Civic can outrun it for the most part. So, thats an inside to why no1 likes the Camry. I have a huge hate for it, and I drive an Evo 9, lol. The more horsepower, and the larger and more noticable appearance, crime rates decrease. That just won't happen with a prius. And F150's have the same noticeability.

CAMRY=FAIL

16 Year old girls and people who can't afford the small difference between a Camry and a Civic. It is a weak car, that is not even considered for stealing by most thiefs it's so lame. You have more chance of getting a Honda or a Hyundai stolen. So on that note. lol. LAPD k9 car I think is the best, or the SUV.

A Camry Police car? Y crown vics and Chargers are meant to grab attention. I know some people in the LAPD, so here's why they choose these kinds of cars, and not lame Camry's. 1. Lack of power. A Toyota does not have the power to keep up with most street vehicles today. Maybe back in the 40's, but don't worry. DOT has some Priuses, so you and your environmental friendliness can roll with DOT and their boring job. 2. Making a Police presence known. A Camry just does not have the presence a Charger or Crown Vic has. When a Charger or a Crown Vic pull up, it's very recognizable as a Police presence. If a Camry came rolling up, it would be like "What is this, a joke? my late 90's Ford Taurus can beat these guys in an outrun." When it comes down to it, will a Camry keep up with a Ford Mustang? With even throwing a turbo on a Camry, it's still "rice" in the tuning world, because a stock Civic can outrun it for the most part. So, thats an inside to why no1 likes the Camry. I have a huge hate for it, and I drive an Evo 9, lol. The more horsepower, and the larger and more noticable appearance, crime rates decrease. That just won't happen with a prius. And F150's have the same noticeability.

CAMRY=FAIL

16 Year old girls and people who can't afford the small difference between a Camry and a Civic. It is a weak car, that is not even considered for stealing by most thiefs it's so lame. You have more chance of getting a Honda or a Hyundai stolen. So on that note. lol. LAPD k9 car I think is the best, or the SUV.

Never said i was fan of a Camry as a police unit, just stated why there are none in service.

I have always liked the CV's, for better or worse, but the Charger is winning me over more and more.

And now..... :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

I try not to get into such things, and this is off topic but a camry, at least in v6 form, has more horsepower than a police spec crown vic. I believe a Camry v6 has about 265-270 horsepower vs. a crown vic's 250. Not that I like them, a charger and the new Holden Statesman/Caprice are a much cooler car. (I would love to see a caprice in the game). Anyways, back on topic. I would like to see the SUV in the game, I agree to many crown vics.

Guest mrpolice1996

Police Dogs: (from wiki)

* German Shepherd (Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Dutch Shepherd (Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Belgian Malinois ( Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Boxer (Germany) ( Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Labrador Retriever ( Sniff out bombs, sniff out drugs)

* Doberman Pinscher ( Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Springer Spaniel ( Sniff out bombs, sniff out drugs)

* Bloodhound ( Track down Criminals, sniff out bombs, sniff out drugs)

* Beagle ( sniff out bombs, sniff out drugs)

* Rottweiler (Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Giant Schnauzer (Protect the officer, attack dog)

For more go Here