Hoppah

LAPD or LASD K9?

K9  

133 members have voted

1. 1. LAPD or LASD?

• LAPD
    • LASD
    • Neither, I am allergic to dogs

LASD, just a little info, LASD uses Crown Victorias as K-9 aswell, i'll try get a picture soon.

EDIT:

Picture time:

161nho0.jpg

Picture from the show Station 2, creidts to TV2 Denmark for the picture taken from the show

a0dxqr.jpg

Again a Station 2 Picture

Aww isn't he cute? :)

The little dog there is a Danish police dog, much more advanced than LASD K-9 Section dogs, because they can find sperm, blood etc that has been 24+hours old.

Usually the K-9 in LASD is used for pacifying a suspect which means they send in the dog to a suspect to make him stop, only something in that way, not to search for DNA traces.

However, not to hijack the topic, you saw on the first picture the Crown Vic LASD Dog Section :)

Guest dkmaisto

I would prefer both, as I have LAPD patrolling one area, and LASD Patrolling another, (and CHP a third) and the response time would be too long for it to be any good if either one had to respond from one end of the map to the other, so the use of them would be minimal.

However, just having one K9 unit would be awesome, great work Hoppah, keep it up.

Guest mrpolice1996
I would prefer both, as I have LAPD patrolling one area, and LASD Patrolling another, (and CHP a third) and the response time would be too long for it to be any good if either one had to respond from one end of the map to the other, so the use of them would be minimal.

However, just having one K9 unit would be awesome, great work Hoppah, keep it up.

Do you mean CHP would have a K9 unit?

because i don't think they would if they are only Highway Patrol

Guest madforce
Do you mean CHP would have a K9 unit?

because i don't think they would if they are only Highway Patrol

chp_k9_1.jpg

chp_k9_7.jpg

The following, was called a K-9, but don't see any lettering and its one of the few with a lightbar, so not sure.

chpcharger2vivilb7.jpg

Guest mrpolice1996

Oh, i didn't a highway unit would have any dogs

I surpose they could use dogs to chase anyone who got out after a car chases.

Thanks for infoming me :)

Guest madforce
Oh, i didn't a highway unit would have any dogs

I surpose they could use dogs to chase anyone who got out after a car chases.

Thanks for infoming me :)

From what I can tell, most of them are rare, and most of the units are all white, there are others that have the traditional CHP black/white color, but almost everyone i found were slicktops but the charger.

Guest dkmaisto

Offtopic: The CHP doesn't just cover the highways, they are the California State Police. I read about it on wiki.

On topic: Giving CHP a K9 car would be overkill, as either LASD has a decent response time to the CHP patch.

I just love the thought of having dogs chasing baddies, that would be just like on COPS.

Guest madforce
Offtopic: The CHP doesn't just cover the highways, they are the California State Police. I read about it on wiki.

On topic: Giving CHP a K9 car would be overkill, as either LASD has a decent response time to the CHP patch.

I just love the thought of having dogs chasing baddies, that would be just like on COPS.

I agree on the CHP part of a k-9 unit, tho once the functionality is there, would make it easy to make additional highway missions possibly that would involve the CHP more heavily in the future, possibly a drug interdiction or something even.

I think the poster sees the same thing I do locally, that the FHP has a very reduced role, doesn't mean they don't have the authority but in NE FLA they rarely get involved in anything outside of a state roadway or highway. I'm pretty sure in Tallahasee they have a much larger role due to the state offices and legislature and a greater drug interdiction role in south florida/miami area, While no nonsense when you encounter one, from NE FL to Orlando they appear to be highway watchdogs and most known for their wolfpack traffic operation stings.

I like the idea of an SUV... The pickup that LAPD uses is a ford F150 and the second with the more chromed grille is a 250, though I am sure you could read that.. I don't want any more crown vics, it's too much. I like the iea of either an SUV or a pickup, and I think it should be LASD because there is only 3 of those, and too many LAPD in comparison :P

Guest madforce
I like the idea of an SUV... The pickup that LAPD uses is a ford F150 and the second with the more chromed grille is a 250, though I am sure you could read that.. I don't want any more crown vics, it's too much. I like the iea of either an SUV or a pickup, and I think it should be LASD because there is only 3 of those, and too many LAPD in comparison :P

I only see one f-series and that's the 250..., doesn't really matter tho.

Guest Harpoon731
Hmmm, I just found the following two photos

I am not creating Bomb K9, but that Bomb K9 SUV will also do for normal K9 (public order enforcement dog) I guess.

Can someone tell the make and type of that SUV? Looks like a Toyota.

I am not sure what the purpose of the white F150 is, Code2High mentions it under K9. Never saw it before.

http://www.code2high.com/lapd.htm

Looks like a 98/99 maybe 00 Ford Explorer

I would use LAPD or LASD it doesn't much matter to me. but the SUV would be the better idea, to many CV's :D

Guest mrpolice1996
Looks like a 98/99 maybe 00 Ford Explorer

I would use LAPD or LASD it doesn't much matter to me. but the SUV would be the better idea, to many CV's :D

I agree an SUV would be better

Guest firemike550
Hmmm, I just found the following two photos

I am not creating Bomb K9, but that Bomb K9 SUV will also do for normal K9 (public order enforcement dog) I guess.

Can someone tell the make and type of that SUV? Looks like a Toyota.

I am not sure what the purpose of the white F150 is, Code2High mentions it under K9. Never saw it before.

http://www.code2high.com/lapd.htm

that suv is called a ford explorere or expedition, its older stlye likes 90s