Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

When I play the Earthquake deluxe mission, the game does not register the dead people that I put in the emergency vehicles, only living ones so when I have removed all victims it still tells me that there are 6 people on the map but they are all in the emergency vehicles.

I have 1.9, all 3 patches and the extra vehicles submod installed.

Guest UCBarkeeper

first of all, really great mod, i still play it alot with my friends. so tank you hoppah for this awesome work.

now a bug, that nearly everytime happens to us in freeplay:

post-7131-1260117772.jpg

its pretty anoying, only way to fix it some time is to shot the cars down and get them away and block this spot for the whole game... known issue?

btw: im playing deluxe, mod version is patched up to 1.9.3

first of all, really great mod, i still play it alot with my friends. so tank you hoppah for this awesome work.

its pretty anoying, only way to fix it some time is to shot the cars down and get them away and block this spot for the whole game... known issue?

:welcome: to the forums.

I have the same problem. I shoot the car and then tow it away. I hope someone has a better solution.

What works for me is: Use any vehicle with redirect command (I usually use a motor unit) or an cop. Bring this person/vehicle as close to the stuck car, and use the redirect feature.

Guest altoproxima

I have been playing LA MOD now for a while without most of the problems that everyone mentions.

One thing that still bugs me is the bridge problem on the west of the map. I believe this problem has to do with the height of the bridge and the road connecting to it. Could someone have a look at that to confirm ?

The second thing I am not able to find is the hostage situations, it bugs me that even if there are people in the building in the editor they dissapear in the game.

Hi, i just downloaded this mod, and i must say , it's awesome. Really i think it's better than the original game. Anyway, i have some kind of problem with it, whenever i select a car, or any unit, the game slows down a little bit, it's not a big deal , but it's anoying. My specs are :

amd dual core x2

ram 2gb 667

nvidia zotac 9500gt

any ideas :D ?

Thanks.

Hi, i just downloaded this mod, and i must say , it's awesome. Really i think it's better than the original game. Anyway, i have some kind of problem with it, whenever i select a car, or any unit, the game slows down a little bit, it's not a big deal , but it's anoying. My specs are :

amd dual core x2

ram 2gb 667

nvidia zotac 9500gt

Thanks.

I don't think it is related to the LA mod. Did you already try other mods?

amd dual core x2

ram 2gb 667

nvidia zotac 9500gt

Thanks.

That's a common problem. My computer is even better that yours and my game lags slightly when a unit is selected. The only thing in the LA mod I can think of that could be causing this is that the daylight gradient was changed in 1.7. Try another mod (or play with the original units) and see if you get the same problem and report back here.

That's a common problem. My computer is even better that yours and my game lags slightly when a unit is selected. The only thing in the LA mod I can think of that could be causing this is that the daylight gradient was changed in 1.7. Try another mod (or play with the original units) and see if you get the same problem and report back here.

i didn't have that problem with the original game, without mods.

i didn't have that problem with the original game, without mods.

amd dual core x2

ram 2gb 667

nvidia zotac 9500gt

Thanks.

Do you know how to properly maintain a PC? Virus scans,and defrag for starters?

Do you know how to properly maintain a PC? Virus scans,and defrag for starters?

Don't be rude.

"If your topic is not Los Angeles mod related, don't even think about posting here but post where you should!

Posting a topic here that is not Los Angeles mod related will be deleted without notice."

yes i do, i don't have any problems with other games, just this mod.

And i think this can be because of the massive models LA mod uses, and the AMD dual core processors. Might try these two steps :

Install this .. http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3116-amd...-optimizer.html

And do this : .. http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-...11-6168870.html

Don't be rude.

"If your topic is not Los Angeles mod related, don't even think about posting here but post where you should!

Posting a topic here that is not Los Angeles mod related will be deleted without notice."

And i think this can be because of the massive models LA mod uses, and the AMD dual core processors. Might try these two steps :

Install this .. http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3116-amd...-optimizer.html

And do this : .. http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-...11-6168870.html

Ok, I tryed setting the procesor's affinity, so it only uses 1 core, But it was the same, Then I tryed Florian_Hamburg_Mod_V1_0 and it worked fine, it's weird, the game slows down when i select units only, if i deselect that unit it runs smoothly again.

Aii, too bad :(

I had the same problem too, untill i just bought a new computer with Intel processor. i had the same Dual Core too :(

To me it seems like the game slows down when there is not enough memory or cpu to load the selected unit's models and scripts.. i always got this problem when selecting two cops for example getting cones or fire equipment.