Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Automatic sirens.

The sirens do not seem to auto turn off, after the emergency vehicles stop at location.

Make sure that the vehicle has in fact arrived at the determined location. Many times, just because the vehicle has stopped moving doesn't mean that it has arrived at its destination. One way to check is to select the vehicle and see what color the Selection Indicator is. The Selection Indicator is the rotating circle that lets you know that you selected something like a car or a person. If it's yellow, that means that the object is still in the process of "going" somewhere which in this case, if it's an emergency vehicle, the siren will continue. If it's green, than the object will remain there until you make it move some place else.

The patch doesn't contain map. How traffic lights could be added?

?

It does contain the map if you install the patch to the correct location. Based on a check in the installer it installs the fix for the new map or not. I had to add that code to the installer to make sure people who did not install the new freeplay map do not get the fixed map which they don't need.

Patch 3 fixes the following bugs:

- Fixed issue with the chase command

- Fixed issue with the command for rapid undeployment

- Added traffic lights to four intersections on the new map

Few questions here.

Regarding the chase command, I see mention of ambulances in there now..whats that about? Also see there was a change to the speeding ticket part. What does this change do?

Whats was the change the rapid deployment? From the looks of the script i am guessing on occasion people didnt enter the truck automatically when being undeployed?

Last but not least, would any one be so kind as to specify which four intersections were fixed?

Few questions here.

Regarding the chase command, I see mention of ambulances in there now..whats that about? Also see there was a change to the speeding ticket part. What does this change do?

Whats was the change the rapid deployment? From the looks of the script i am guessing on occasion people didnt enter the truck automatically when being undeployed?

Last but not least, would any one be so kind as to specify which four intersections were fixed?

The chase command finds the vehicles which are chasing object by a list. I extended that list to all emergency vehicles (instead of some police type vehicles) to make sure the command also worked for the unmarked patrol car. Firefighters wouldn't enter the USFS Engine or the Brush Patrol truck after 'rapid undeployment' anymore, so I fixed that too.

I have added traffic lights to all 4 intersections mentioned in altoproximas post.

Guest altoproxima
Released patch 3:

I think the missing missions bug has been resolved now. Unfortunately, the patch will delete the achieved mission scores. That is necessary to get the whole missionlist back. If there are still issues with traffic getting stuck on the new freeplay map, please make screenshots (Fraps) so I exactly know where the vehicles are getting stuck and where they came from. Thanks in advance. :)

Hoppah

Great :)

I'll start testing with the new patch ... and redirecting traffic :)

Thanks Hoppah.

The chase command finds the vehicles which are chasing object by a list. I extended that list to all emergency vehicles (instead of some police type vehicles) to make sure the command also worked for the unmarked patrol car. Firefighters wouldn't enter the USFS Engine or the Brush Patrol truck after 'rapid undeployment' anymore, so I fixed that too.

I have added traffic lights to all 4 intersections mentioned in altoproximas post.

Ok thanks for taking the time to explain all that. :)

Guest altoproxima

Well with this new patch ALOT have been improved towards mobility. Muchas Gracias Hoppah ! :)

Though still one point I have found to cause trouble without redirecting traffic.

post-5732-1257083367.jpg

As you can see there are no traffic lights there. Result dumb drivers :)

As for this one

post-5732-1257083376.jpg

I think that is a problem caused by hardcoded AI ... (correct me if I am wrong)

Could it be possible to make those vehicles stop before traffic lights if they are not in emergency responce mode ? If not ...no more patrols for those guys.

*edit* I have been playing for somewhere around 1 hour and a 1/2 First 45 minutes without redirecting or patrols then I started using the command. Redirecting still needs some tweaking, there still are a few problems where cars on the right lane take a left turn on the main road (East West) Unfortunately I haven't got any screens (caught up in the moment I guess.)

For the rest I am a happy gamer :)

Guest NPD-Traffic
Well with this new patch ALOT have been improved towards mobility. Muchas Gracias Hoppah ! :)

Though still one point I have found to cause trouble without redirecting traffic.

As you can see there are no traffic lights there. Result dumb drivers :)

As for this one

I think that is a problem caused by hardcoded AI ... (correct me if I am wrong)

Could it be possible to make those vehicles stop before traffic lights if they are not in emergency responce mode ? If not ...no more patrols for those guys.

*edit* I have been playing for somewhere around 1 hour and a 1/2 First 45 minutes without redirecting or patrols then I started using the command. Redirecting still needs some tweaking, there still are a few problems where cars on the right lane take a left turn on the main road (East West) Unfortunately I haven't got any screens (caught up in the moment I guess.)

For the rest I am a happy gamer :)

There is actually more aside thoes posted once i play again i will take the picture of another intersection just off of the PD and one far down near one of yours where traffic drives into eachother and stops i usually redirect them but some still get stuck

Guest police01040

First of all thanks Hoppah, the Patch 3 fixed alot of stuff, only one point i want to mentions regarding traffic jam, in some cases the cars from different directions get so close to each others which makes police redirect not working and there is no way to remove that from middle of roadcross, the only way i do is bring a sniper and fire engine and truck to sabotage the cars then remove them with the trucks, cant you make some action that driver when getting a ticket pull aside or something like that?

After apprehending the assailants, I notice that returning to the sta icon is not availible. Evan when I just get them from the sta, the icon is faintly there. I also miss the idea of having the ladder truck @ sta 2.

Guest altoproxima
@altoproxima, at the moment the patrol cars dont stop at stop lights on patrol, but there is a way to fix this has other mods(winterburgh has paroling units stop at stoplights) and I have tried to find away to fix this but im not a scripting genius like Hoppah.

Then I need to download the mod and check out the scripts they use. It's a good thing you mention :) Thanks.

Guest altoproxima

I have found the part of the script you mentioned.

I don't know if I am allow to post this script without the knowledge of the owner. But I l'll add the credit :)

// ## created by WitchDoctor
/// Patrouillenfunktion

object Fahre_Patrouille : CommandScript
{

bool manu=false;

Fahre_Patrouille()
{
SetIcon("auf_streife");
SetCursor("auf_streife");
SetRestrictions (RESTRICT_SELFEXECUTE);
}

bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
{
Vehicle v(Caller);
return Input::LCtrlPressed() && v.GetNumPassengers()>0;
}

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)
{
manu=Caller->GetID()==Target->GetID();
return manu;
}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)
{
Vehicle stw(Target);
bool ontheroad=stw.HasCommand("ich_bin_nicht_frei");

if ((ontheroad && !manu) || stw.IsSmoking() || stw.IsDestroyed() || fzlocal::IsKripo(&stw))
return;

Vector Pos;
ActorList al;
Actor a;

float warten=ChildID*1.0;

int fzid=fzlocal::fzid(&stw)-7;
int ptype=110;
if (fzid>2)
{
ptype=1101;
fzid=fzid-49;
}

stw.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST,warten);
if (!ontheroad)
{
stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"mannschaft_rufen",&stw,ptype,false);
stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"check_ms_vollzaehlig",&stw,0,false);
stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"fzfrei",&stw,1,false);
if (stw.IsHidden())
stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"nachbar_holen",&stw,0,false);
} else {
stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"fzfrei",&stw,0,false);
stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"WT_SoSi",&stw,1,false);
}

stw.EnableHeadLights(true);

stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"normale_fahrt",&stw,0,false);

bool ende=false;
int pfad;
int dot;
Vector Pos;
for (int q=0;q<4;q++)
{
pfad=int(skennung[fzid][q]);
if (pfad>32)
{
pfad=pfad-64;
ende=pfad>32;
if (ende)
pfad=pfad-32;
[color="#FF0000"]if (!deluxe)
pfad++;

char * bhf=" ";
char * zugname="traffic_car0%u";
int j=snprintf(bhf,13,zugname,pfad);
PathList pl(bhf);
Path path(pl.GetPath(0));
if (ende)
Pos=path.GetPoint(path.GetNumPoints()-1);
else
Pos=path.GetPoint(0);
stw.PushActionMove(ACTION_APPEND,Pos,false);[/color]
}
}
stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"gohome_winterberg",&stw,0,false);
manu=false;
}
};

object Patrouille_frei : CommandScript
{
Patrouille_frei()
{
}

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)
{
return true;
}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)
{
Vehicle stw(Target);
stw.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,"Fahre_Patrouille",&stw,ChildID,false);
}
};

///

The red is what I believe to be the part that changes the type of vehicle to an ordinary car which does stop before traffic lights.

Guest NPD-Traffic

heres how this one works. That green car always stops there for some reason and causes a massive backup down south than it effects cars around central map causing other issues on turns. But this vehicle can be redirected. once its redirected the traffic will continue its regular flow. But usually after that i get other traffic issues across the map sometimes.

post-4309-1257207629.jpg

Guest altoproxima
heres how this one works. That green car always stops there for some reason and causes a massive backup down south than it effects cars around central map causing other issues on turns. But this vehicle can be redirected. once its redirected the traffic will continue its regular flow. But usually after that i get other traffic issues across the map sometimes.

Shoot, put out the fire and remove. :) That works for me :)

Guest altoproxima

I was just wondering, how about giving the driver a ticket ? Does that help to get the driver moving ?