Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Guest WannabeMedic195
Not sure where this fits for a error report,I noticed a few posts about crashing to windows,but i thought my la mod is messed,Now my emergency 4 works fine until i use La Mod 1.8-1.9.Bother versions crash to windows when i run multiplayer or freeplay.The game works fine in missions.I downloaded Stans configuration file and that didnt work,A few problems i noticed in the 10 mins i get to play,the Tiller truck will not setup,i can drive it around,but wont deploy the ladder.Only other problem is with the chase command if you get a stolen car,you cannot pick the car up using a flatbed.I just want to get it stop crashing however,anyone got any tips,Please im up 4 anything.

Im running windows Vista

I too have this problem. I'm running Windows Vista. version 1.8 worked fine with no problems. I tried reinstalling the mod v1.9 and patch 2, tried the configuration file (it only made it crash faster). I have no idea why there is a problem all of a sudden. Please help! I just want it to stop crashing!

I too have this problem. I'm running Windows Vista. version 1.8 worked fine with no problems. I tried reinstalling the mod v1.9 and patch 2, tried the configuration file (it only made it crash faster). I have no idea why there is a problem all of a sudden. Please help! I just want it to stop crashing!

I have the problem on the bridge Their is a big yellow bus that gets stuck when exiting,before i could select it and make it move to HQ I can't now and the ambulances get stuck in the parking lot so far thats the only problems since patch 2 Thanks.

For those with crashes, have you tried the FAQ?

I'm not sure why this always happens to me, and nobody else. I still get traffic jams on the west side of the map - Vehicles exiting the map over the bridge just seem to stop...and not exit. Is there a tutorial for making traffic lights? Maybe I can add some for myself only to break things up.

There is a tut for stop lights, but i forget where it is. Try the em4 modding and mod help section.

Hoppah: I think this has been reported but there is a traffic accident about one block west of the intersection by the tunnel. Almost as soon as the dispatcher announces it, the vehicles blow up, and it cost me a cop car once because an LASD cruiser was patrolling through the intersection at that exact time.

Hi, First post. I also have the problem of the fire chief vehicle parking in engine 7's spot every time. I will get a screen shot for you if you would like. Another problem I have encountered is when i use the chase command with the unmarked police car, it never actually stops and has the police officers get out, it just drives around the car. Besides that the game is amazing, and the work you have done is greatly appreciated.

p.s. I am using emergency 911 first responders, and i have both patches.

Guest Firefighter21213
Well you can try to run the game in compatable mode windows XP.

In reply to that,I did try it,However the game will not load under,Compatibility Windows XP service pack 2.,I let the Pc sit there for 10 mins,and it didnt do anything but sit at a black screen,Had to bring up the task bar to exit.I tried to run just the Emergency 4 EXE. under windows xp service pack 2,but the same thing happen,black screen...Im alittle confused with it,I downloaded the same version on my Desktop(win,XP) works fine,but my laptop with Vista has the Crash to desktop.Maybe its Vista blocking it after 10 mins...Hope someone knows a trick,I come up with anything i'll post about it.

Guest AirportRescue

I ran into an issue when it came to sending vehicles into certain parking lots/docks, the vehicles would just stop and not move and the same thing happened with people. Even after installing Patch 2, I have AI traffic congestion issues. Other than that I am enjoying this fantistic mod.

Hoppah,

Excellent work and now with the second patch has definately made it heaps better. No such problems yet to speak of after a 5 hour session in free-play.

The only thing that i have found is that people often wander onto the road and block traffic. I also have the left turn from the right lane issue but it is not as bad as it was before patch 2. Often a police officer is all that is needed to redirect some traffic so that it starts flowing again. Pathing problem at the hospital once patients are dropped off and the ambulance goes on patrol

I had only one suicide attempt in the water and the diver was able to enter and retrieve the person with no problems.

Andrew2007, is your avatar a pic that you found or are you NSWFB?

Cheers

Aaron (hairyman)

Guest diablo1675

Well, i did install the patch(es) (both are in the same exe??) I did that, but it still did not stopped raining, and it is very unlikely that its still raining after 28 hours in-game time. What to do? I prefer sunny anyways.

Greets Diablo

I have a question. I have installed de LA mod 1.9, and i have selected that i want de new map, but when i play the mod i have de orginal map and not the new one. What can i do to solve this problem?

I have already deleted the mod and installed again, and i have do tha whit emergency 4 deluxe.

Sorry for my bad english, but my dutch is better.

Hoppah please fix the bug with the lost missions. If I play some your missions so after Is in LA mod only missions 11-30. where are your missions?

I think that happens when you press continue campaign. I accidently pressed it and had he same problem. The only fix is to reinstall the LA Mod.

Guest altoproxima

I might have found another small issue with the map. Cars don't seem to run of the map at the West side bridge. Anyone else have this ?

Perhaps that is the reason why traffic is comming slowly to a stop.

Guest altoproxima
No pictures, no fix. I need to know which light stays red. It's like saying "I found a bug" without saying what kind of bug.

Hoppah, trafficlights stay red because there are cars on the crossing. I've noticed this, today, once you clear a crossing with an officer, the lights work again.

I believe the West side bridge I mention, is the cause why the East-west connection interrupts the north south crossings. This brings the traffic to a stand still after playing an hour or two ... three four ... :)

Hoppah, do you want me to post a printscreen of what I mean ?