heyjoojoo

Covering the body of the dead...

I have had the unpleasant experience of having a victim of a car accident die on the scene. I thought someone may have created a script or something that allow either a police officer or firefighter to cover the body of the victim with either a yellow emergency blanket which is something that is normally done in California.

Just seems so decent rather than to allow the body to lay exposed out like that. Maybe the blanket would appear after a firefighter arrives on the scene to help and discovers that the person is already dead.

Any suggestions? Anyone know how to create such a script or a mod that will do this?

Kareem

The winterberg mod does that.... And then you have to get the police to check the body before you can take it away.

Now, that's what I'm talking about. So, does that mean I would have to install the winterberg Mod in order to have this ability?

I have had the unpleasant experience of having a victim of a car accident die on the scene ...

Just seems so decent rather than to allow the body to lay exposed out like that.

You do realise this is a video game right? The people in game have no emotions what so ever (except panicking maybe, but that's scripted :laugh: ). But I agree it would be very nice eye candy and attribute to the realism of the mod. ;)

You do realise this is a video game right? The people in game have no emotions what so ever (except panicking maybe, but that's scripted :laugh: ). But I agree it would be very nice eye candy and attribute to the realism of the mod. ;)

:popcorn: I know. I know. But like you said, it is eye candy but I have to keep telling myself that it's not real world - it's not real world. It's just the perfectionist in me. They really gotta fix that one though. You figure since everyone has done such an awesome job with all of the mods, freeplay maps mods, tweaks, done over the past year that someone might have added this little mod. I know - it's never a little mod. :rolleyes:

What colour is that blankets they use to cover the dead bodies in LA? Is it really yellow and does someone has a picture of that?

Just to be clear, the body bag is quite different from what's used to cover up someone who is deceased at the scene. The body bag is only used by the coroner some time later after they arrive on scene and that is usually black, grey, or blue depending on the coroner agency. After the corpse is placed inside the body bag (basically a large vinyl bag), it is then placed onto a gurney before being loaded into the coroner's van. Occasionally the coroner may even place a white or blue blanket over the body bag while its on the gurney.

But that's not the same thing as what is used to cover up a body BEFORE the coroner arrives on the scene. Many times an incident will occur where someone was killed (shooting, car wreck, stabbing, etc..) and the body needed to covered up immediately. This is why police officers, medics, and firefighters carry this "tarp" to put over the body until the coroner arrives to handle the body more efficiently with a body bag.

This "tarp" is yellow and is basically a plastic blanket with a white absorbent/napkin material underneath to help absorb blood and other bodily fluids. Civilians will often refer to it as a body bag when technically it is not a body bag. The correct name is Emergency Blanket. There's a photo of one below. And its name implies that it's used to cover up an unsightly corpse before the coroner can get there to do their work. Sometimes medics have used them to keep rain off of their patients while moving them to the ambulance. But this is what is usually used in the LA.

This is an emergency blanket used in a fatal train accident. Train Fatality

Also, there are two other instances in the attached photo:

TOP: Emergency blanket to cover up the bodies of two occupants who were killed in a headon collision. They kept both bodies inside the car until the coroner arrived six hours later.

BOTTOM: Suspect killed by CHP

post-5940-1255027420.jpg

First of all, learn to use the edit button please.

Secondly, as many people already know, the tarp probably changes colour from place to place. Just because it's yellow in Richmond, and yellow in Whatever town, doesn't mean it will be yellow in LA. Hoppah wants a picture of that blanket or whatever it's called in use in LA. Unless you have a picture for there, don't post pictures of other places.

I dont know if it was on the list didn't see it but a rundown of all equitment found on the engines

http://lafd.info/index.php?title=6/2_TOOLS_AND_EQUIPMENT

And for the procedures and stuff pretty much the entire LAFD manual

http://lafd.info/index.php?title=Category:...al_of_Operation

Here in New Jersey, we carry yellow foam emergency blankets for multiple uses on the ambulances, as well as tarps. Theirs no uniform color on what you use . Just as long as it prevents onlookers from seeing the body. If we arrive on scene with a fatality, in which resucitation won't be effective i.e. (massive fatal injuries, obvious signs of death, prolonged cardiac arrest, etc), then we may cover the body or vehicle with a tarp or a blanket. The only person that can move the body is the medical examiner, and they will place the deceased in a body bag, usually black or white.

First of all, learn to use the edit button please.

Secondly, as many people already know, the tarp probably changes colour from place to place. Just because it's yellow in Richmond, and yellow in Whatever town, doesn't mean it will be yellow in LA. Hoppah wants a picture of that blanket or whatever it's called in use in LA. Unless you have a picture for there, don't post pictures of other places.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say " first of all, learn to use the edit button". Could you help me with this one?

Also, I was only suggesting the way it is not only in Richmond but also in Los Angeles. All one has to do is just watch television news to see it. Afterall, this is the LA Mod thread and so I was posting what was real in Los Angeles. I know the tarp changes color from place to place, however, it remains yellow in Los Angeles because the emergency blanket is yellow. And this is not by choice;units dont carry a variety of colors of tarps in their cars. They use the emergency blanket which happens to be yellow.

:nixweiss:

Here's a link at GALLS, police supply: Disposable Blankets

I dont know if it was on the list didn't see it but a rundown of all equitment found on the engines

http://lafd.info/index.php?title=6/2_TOOLS_AND_EQUIPMENT

And for the procedures and stuff pretty much the entire LAFD manual

http://lafd.info/index.php?title=Category:...al_of_Operation

I thought FD carried it as well. I've seen them use it for multi-casualty calls. I know medics and PD use them often for sure. It may not be a listed item because it usually comes stocked in a trauma bag. For instance, you may not see gauze listed as a supply item but you can bet it's on a fire engine.

Just trying to help....

Here in New Jersey, we carry yellow foam emergency blankets for multiple uses on the ambulances, as well as tarps. Theirs no uniform color on what you use . Just as long as it prevents onlookers from seeing the body. If we arrive on scene with a fatality, in which resucitation won't be effective i.e. (massive fatal injuries, obvious signs of death, prolonged cardiac arrest, etc), then we may cover the body or vehicle with a tarp or a blanket. The only person that can move the body is the medical examiner, and they will place the deceased in a body bag, usually black or white.

Exactly right; which is why I was referring to the disposable blanket used in Los Angeles (in addition to Richmond, Ca).

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say " first of all, learn to use the edit button". Could you help me with this one?

Also, I was only suggesting the way it is not only in Richmond but also in Los Angeles. All one has to do is just watch television news to see it. Afterall, this is the LA Mod thread and so I was posting what was real in Los Angeles. I know the tarp changes color from place to place, however, it remains yellow in Los Angeles because the emergency blanket is yellow. And this is not by choice;units dont carry a variety of colors of tarps in their cars. They use the emergency blanket which happens to be yellow.

:nixweiss:

Here's a link at GALLS, police supply: Disposable Blankets

Well by that I mean, STOP DOUBLE, TRIPLE AND MORE POSTING. Use the edit button to add to your posts... From now on, I'm not gonna merge, I'm just gonna delete double posts...

And Hoppah asked for pictures of the blanket in use in Los Angeles... Not anywhere else. He wants to see pictures of it from there.