heyjoojoo

Enhanced Supervisor Video/Audio

Summary:

For those of you who enjoy playing this game and using all the mods created by many other cool people on this forum. Here's yet another change you can make to your version of the EM4/911 FR. I have enjoyed this game immensely and have really appreciated the mods created by others but I really couldn't get into the supervisor who dispatched the calls for us to send units to. So, I decided to make a few changes to the "Supervisor" to suit my liking and hopefully add more realism to the game. So I have made it available for your enjoyment too. I listened to everyone's suggestions and recommendations and came up with second or enhanced version of the Supervisor Video/Audio. I hope you like it.

The changes:

- Replaced the original supervisor video with various video clips from 911 dispatch centers

- I cleaned up the audio quality of the communications.

- Included actual engine company names.

- Updated a few radio codes used in the Los Angeles area

Some codes used in the enhanced version

Engine - fire engine

Squad - squad truck

Special Ops - USAR

Rescue - ambulance

MCU - mass casualty unit

RP - reporting party (civilian making the 911 call)

Code 37 - stolen vehicle

415 - public disturbance

451 - arson

488 - petty theft

211 - robbery

240 - assault

How to install it

The files need to be copied into the Data/Lang/us/supervisor folder. It will overwrite the other files. Or you can simply just remove those original files, back them up and add the new ones.

I used Premiere Elements to change the audio and video. I'm not sure how you would do this in any other DVD or video authoring application.

Video: 160x128 (so that it will fit inside the little screen that used to show the supervisor; Youtube makes the video too big)

Video format: MPG 1

Audio: MPEG 1 Layer II, mono

Additional Notes:

It is also worth noting that this "Supervisor Mod" is technically not a Mod by the usual definition of LA Mods because the change affects the entire game including other installed Mods. So, if you have the Winterberg Mod installed, this "mod" will affect that mod too. So, you may not want to update your Supervisor files with these if you're using Winterberg or any other Mods.

This only "modification" only applies to the EM4/911 First Responder version and NOT the Deluxe version.

I'm not very good at this and I'm not sure if everyone will be satisfied (I'm not perfect) but hopefully you will like it and it will make your play more enjoyable.

DOWNLOAD BELOW (1 file at 76MB)

DOWNLOAD ENHANCED VERSION HERE

The files are compressed using the standard Windows Compression program. You just need to unzip them.

• Upvote 1

Ups :blush: Thanks Hoppah :)

Is there really no way to place these files somwhere in certain mod folder?

It doesn't go in the mod folders, it goes into the data folder of the game. It will come up in the mod.

Just played LA mod with this installed and its amazing! Ive noticed for car accidents the dispatch sounds like they are dispatching a police call. He says suspect is fleeing. I think if you got a video of a dispatch center that would really be great.

I do some video editing on the side for work. The best thing to capture some video for this would be to get a green or blue background, I know you guys have seen that setup before. This would allow someone to key out that color and insert any background they'd like in the video. This way we wouldn't need an actual dispatch center, we could just use a photo of one in the background.

-d

It doesn't go in the mod folders, it goes into the data folder of the game. It will come up in the mod.

Just played LA mod with this installed and its amazing! Ive noticed for car accidents the dispatch sounds like they are dispatching a police call. He says suspect is fleeing. I think if you got a video of a dispatch center that would really be great.

Yeah, you'll notice this a few more times. I couldn't resist that on a few of the calls, particularly the police related calls.