Guest Thrill

Why are so little mods actually finished?

Guest Thrill

why do people say they're making mods, and they never actually finish them.. nearly all members have mods in their sig, and they're 'in production' yet they be in production for lots of year.

WHY do you fool us?

theres only one good mod and thats LA mod, oh and the netherlands mod.

Well the majority of mods are German because:

1.The game is originally German...

2.They have a larger active fan base in Germany than anywhere else which equals more people modding

3. With the exception of about a quarter of the mods, they are just reskins of models by others, nothing special

4. The game is based in Europe so conversions to other countries are hard to achieve.

5. American Apparatus selection is more diverse than most European countries, meaning most mods have to create a complete new set of units not just reskin the same 8 models from another mod.

6. Modding is hard

7. Real life can be a pain, and slows or stops work on mods

8. Limited tools to work with when modding

why do people say they're making mods, and they never actually finish them.. nearly all members have mods in their sig, and they're 'in production' yet they be in production for lots of year.

WHY do you fool us?

theres only one good mod and thats LA mod, oh and the netherlands mod.

Try making a mod your self and you will have the answer. ;)

thats because Germans are nerdy and have the time to make 12000 polygon models just for like, a traffic cone.

loool is that foam i see in Wuppertal?

We got complains from your reaction. Please behave, before you start a flame war. You know that the Dutch people share the same ancestors as the Germans? Watch out before you say anything, there is enough to say about Americans as well. :)

Hmm. The Wuppertal mod looks good, but I still have an issue with it. Like so MANY other mods its in German, and there isn't an English translated version. Now don't get me wrong I like the mod, but to me English is like the second language everyone in the freak world learns. I mean really you might see someone speaking German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, or Chinessee, and then all of a sudden they start speaking English. So, there isn't a shortage there, when they start making English variables so we know what the (insert what ever you want) is happening instead of having to post "what does this button do", then I'll get back to you.

In addition to that what's with Germans are nerdy, I'm an American citizen and I'm beginning to wonder about this Damn country. Japan is surpassing us (and they had a TOUGH road), I wouldn't begin to talk about Germany. Wait .... everyone we've conquered in a war is smarter then us, odd. Hmm could it be because most of our country is lazy .... I'm not sure anymore about the US.

Anyway ... good mods (that are up), the Wuppertal mod is good, but when I can understand it in english we'll talk. For me the best so far is Hoppah I don't really care about LA but meh, the mod is pretty awesome. Can't wait for the NY mod but I have my own opinions there. I'm sure my comment will break a few hearts but the truth hurts sometimes too.

Guest Overland

I think you have missed our a major modification that is finished. Winterberg modification adds so much to the game and is really worth the download.

Wuppertal modification seems to add a-lot to the game as well. From the screen shot's and videos that are available they seem to be focussing mainly on the fire aspect of the game.

Ultimately there is nothing to stop you creating a modification with no intentions of ever completing it, get a website, post a few screen shots and get a following.

sometimes people start mods with the best of intentions, but the creators face several challenges, either they start planning on finishing it before school/work starts, and don't get it, then it gets pushed on the back burner. Also they could be working on it, then they might have to move, or something could come up, causing them to have to abandon the mod. They may also start, not knowing what they have to do, and fall really really behind, get maybe on or two reskins done, and then stop.

Creating a mod is not an easy task to accomplish at all, it takes a lot of work, and effort, and people do not always realize how much hard work it is.

Guest Ricardo
Sorry for off-topic but:

1. Wuppertal mod looks great! Even better than Winterberg

2. Is it released?

3. Is there an english version?

If somebody knows please answer :)

1. Yes it looks really great!

2. No, they are now working on it for 2 years with out 1 release.

3. I don't know, we'll find out when they release it. :)

We got complains from your reaction. Please behave, before you start a flame war. You know that the Dutch people share the same ancestors as the Germans? Watch out before you say anything, there is enough to say about Americans as well. :)

*Cough*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA*Cough* Seen this? :D

( This is pure joke, as i just found the connection to post this reply, don't be offended, anyone :) )

Guest Ricardo
*Cough*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA*Cough* Seen this? :D

( This is pure joke, as i just found the connection to post this reply, don't be offended, anyone :) )

That kid was just acting :P