MikeyPI

Reskinning Vehicle(s)

If you are using a default LA mod vehicle as the model of it with your own skin you must name the skin you're using as the same thing that the LA mod model had for it's texture(s) names... Alternatively, open the V3O in notepad, find the following line(s) and manually change them to match your vehicle's skins.

SRF, Body, 0, 0, 0, ladder01.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, Body2, 0, 0, 0, ladder012.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, Body3, 0, 0, 0, ladder013.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

NOTE: not all vehicles will have as many textures, some may only have one either way the SRF lines are how the model is assigned the texture file(s). Simply change ladder01.dds to match your textures name.

I too am having trouble with the doors and trunk.The skin came out awesome but no doors or trunk,can somebody shed a bit of skinning knowledge my way....any help is greatly appreciated. :flagwave:

figured it out !!!all done and they look good for a first attempt...

Edited by goog1967

I have a question.

I'm trucking to unlock one of the fire trucks. Now in the main topic it says I need to rename the file to v3o. and unlock it via the editor. Well, I noticed the file is already in .v3o format, and there is already a dds file too, but the dds converter won't recognize it, any reason why?

I have a question.

I'm trucking to unlock one of the fire trucks. Now in the main topic it says I need to rename the file to v3o. and unlock it via the editor. Well, I noticed the file is already in .v3o format, and there is already a dds file too, but the dds converter won't recognize it, any reason why?

You have to rename the dds file to v3o. Make sure file extensions are turn on in Windows(start->Control Panel->Folder Options->View). Then rename the 2 dds files(assuming this is engine 1 or 2). Personally I rename them like fire_engine1.dds.v3o then unlock it in the editor. Another suggestions, use paint.net,photoshop, or gimp to do your image editing, and then you dont have to worry about dds converter. Personally I cant be asked to deal with dds converter so I use photoshop.

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me please how can i read the coding of a v3o file, the file works but it looks like this.

ÓÀ7 Hè ,?ÈìxÚ¼½Ëê=;“87Ô;ÔTšÔ]xණC]L•ËÐÓ”

¹ßzk…¤­L…r+ÿ6|l~ç|g-).

…BJé¿ý׿ÿç¿ûwêßZóßÿâßüÅ¿ùoŸú§þÇ¿ù÷ÿá¯ÿéß©ÿNÿâ¿þõ?þ—ÿ”ÿ…ÖÁ•÷üí_ÿýÌÿÇ?ý»³ü«ÿüûýŸÿð÷\¦þgÿð÷ýý/þîŸÿé?üí_ÿû¿ÿO÷áºü»¿ùÇÿwŸÿУÿôóWù/ÿãý?ÿò?ÿïÿù/

If possible can someone supply me with the correct file or code for the aerial_ladder.v3o file.

The V3O is packed, in the editor you have to select unpack file under the modifications menu and find the V3O that you are trying to open and select unpack, this will uncompress it and make it read as a normal V3O file.

The V3O is packed, in the editor you have to select unpack file under the modifications menu and find the V3O that you are trying to open and select unpack, this will uncompress it and make it read as a normal V3O file.

Thanks for the info MikeyPI. Tried it and it is working 100% thanks for the help, much appreciated. Just one more question, obviously I am still learning how to reskin and create 3D vehicles, is there a site where you can download the 3D model of the vehicle and just apply your own skin or do you have to create all from scratch?

I know that this is an annoying kind of comment, but I can't find the models to unpack, the only things I have for the LA mod are link to the game, Readme, and Adobe doc. :machkaputt:

It's not in your LA mod folder under models > vehicles > Police, Fire, etc.?

Is this what it looks like when you go to edit it......if so how you edit it and keep details

Yep, that would be the texture when you unpack it. I use Photoshop brushes to edit it.

is there away to take off the LA skin or way to paste a skin or do you have to do it by hand

Well, I do everything by hand. Painting the engine, inserting text, etc. The only thing I copy/paste is decals.

If there is a way to move / copy / paste skins, I never done it or even heard about it. I'm not really experienced at this so there is a lot that I don't know of what you can do and what you can't do in reskinning.

well I tried to do it but its not working so idk....i go into the editer to check it out and its a blank fire engine

Check out the text document I uploaded. It's step by step of what I do. I've done it enough that I don't need it anymore but I saved it in case someone else needed it or if I may forget.Reskinning Vehicle.txt