Paramedic_Engine_2

Dispatch Policy

Is it hard to script them to spawn at the start and return to the sttion?

It took a fair bit of trial and error to get it all working. When I first thought about doing this, I must admit that I looked at the scripts and wondered "where do I start?", but after working throught them, it became a bit clearer, how I could do this (in theory) - then it was very much, trial and error (one change at a time). If you take the time to do this, you can learn alot about how the scripts work, virtual objects, and this opens doors for you to be able/confident to make other changes.

I must admit that I cheated a bit (a lot) and added them all into the firestation/firestation start scripts for the spawning, so police, fire and ambulance will be staffed when alarming Firestation 1 (except fire station 2 vehicles will only staff when station 2 is alarmed). I did need to create separate scripts for police units parked around back of the policestation, Motorcycles, SWAT, Bomb squad and LAPP - so that they return to their designated parking spaces. The AMR ambulances are part of the firestation scripts so that they will automatically return to parking after dropping off patient. There are a few glitches still (when spawning, some of the police vehicles do not park facing the way that they do after returning to station), but I hope to one day work out a solution - until then, I can live with it.

So my advice is to experiment (one change at a time) and have fun with it. Make the mod, the way you want to play it. Hoppah has provided us with this fantastic mod, but he can't make it perfect for everyone - as you see by the constant requests for changes. So it is up to us to take the time to learn to make the little changes to make the mod, more to the way we want to play it (to make it our own version). That is the least that we can do - it is nothing compared to the time that Hoppah and others have put into the mod already. If we want specific changes, we can't expect it to all be done for us. There also many members that can offer suggestions/advice (we have a very helpful bunch of people on this forum), to steer you in the right direction. I have found that Hoppah and other modders are very generous with their advice also - when they are able.

I am only too happy to help out where I can, but just keep in mind that I have no experience with scripting prior to working with EM4, so my approach to any problems will be very simplistic. If I can do it, I am sure that you can too.

Take care and have fun

Shane

I have a la county dispatch center with a DWI tank :) it has a dispatch center, a small booking station, la sherrifs office, lacofd and US forrest service units, along with the la county corrners. Will have pic up soon although it is not as complex as yours Shane

I have a la county dispatch center with a DWI tank :) it has a dispatch center, a small booking station, la sherrifs office, lacofd and US forrest service units, along with the la county corrners. Will have pic up soon although it is not as complex as yours Shane

Great work :12: looking forward to the pics.

It doesn't need to be complex, it's about doing it the way you want it.

Take care

Shane

Guest Twix623
Great work :12: looking forward to the pics.

It doesn't need to be complex, it's about doing it the way you want it.

Take care

Shane

Would love to get a copy of your scripts, if it's possible.

Shane's scripts are for v1.7.

Shane, are you going to edit the v1.9 scripts when it is released?

My current Firestation scripts are v1.7, the rest are v1.8.

Yes I do plan on looking at v1.9 and modifying - if I need to (that's is assuming that I can)

Take care

Shane

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter

1. Batt. Cheif, one light force, one als engine, 2 cruisers for trafic control, if needed more engines and ambs.

2. Batt. Cheif, USAR, ALS engine, Ambs. (witch evers closest), Crane if in water, 2 cruisers to control traffic.

3. if its a house, Batt. cheif ALS engine, Light force, cruisers for traffic

4. 2 cruisers (more if needed)if closest to station 2 then one ALS engine and a BLS amb. If closest ot station one then one ALS amb.

Guest karakterman2

1. Exploded gas pipe: HAZMAT Squad, 2 police cars for traffic, medic and 3 - 4 fire engines.

2. MVA: What's MVA? :1046275767_ugly:

3. Unknown Fire Type: When available one police car, and always one fire engine.

4. Active Shooter: 1 - 2 police cars, medic and if necessary a fire engine.

Guest Harpoon731

1. Exploded Gas Pipe - Inital Response is Both BLS Engines, BC, 1 Cruiser , 1 ALS Ambulance (BC Requests additional Units as required)

2. MVA - HES, EMS Capt with 3 Medics - Initally 1 - 2 ALS Ambulances

3. Unknown type fire - BLS Engine (or ALS if the 2 BLS Engines are tied up) - BC or EMS Capt - 1 Cruiser

4. Active Shooter - 1 LAPD, LASD, or CHP depending on Location

Other incidents, depends on what the call is.

Well with 1.9 I set up a new call book...

1. When reports of an explosion come in, I immediately dispatch the nearest police cruiser to the location. I also send an ALS engine, and the Tiller truck, depending on the size and location, I may dispatch other units at this time as well. The BC responds as well. If any injuries occur, EMS is called on scene.

2. Nearest police unit respond for control. I send one ALS ambulance, as well as either USAR or a ladder truck. Depending on other situations, that may also warrant an engine, as well as additional ambualnces, and possibly the HR Crane

3. BLS sent to scene, if fire spreads, or is larger than anticipated when unit arrives, additional engines, or light force may be called in.

4. An active shooter receives nearest patrol unit to arrest, as well as SUV if nearby. If a car is ignited, Fire trucks will be called in. If civilians shot, EMS called.

I was just wondering what units you all send to:

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter :sporty:

1.E-1 E-2,Batt. Chief,BLS and/or ALS possibly a PD unit

2.Normally Send a PD unit first to asses the damage,the a tiller ladder,and a BLS/ALS

3.2-3 pd units to asses then 1-2 engines a tiller if needed.

4.5-6 PD units to chase, LASD van to transport ,CHP to shut down roads,SWAT if needed, and ALS and Paramedic engine on standby

Guest firemike550
I was just wondering what units you all send to:

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter :sporty:

i dont do gas pipe lol i always fail at it,

2.MVA= 2 Engines, 1 Battalion Chief, depending on patients 2-3 ALS Ambulances, 1 Tower, 1 HES, 2-3 Police Cars, Depending on patient severity prob 1 Helicopter

3.Unknown Type Fire (big)= 3-4 Engines, 1-2 Towers, 1 Battalion Chief, 3-4 Police Cars, 2-3 ALS Ambulances, 1 HES, 1-2 Water Tenders,

3.Unknown Type Fire (small)= 1 Engine, 1 Battalion Chief, 1-2 Police Cars, 1 Ambulance, 1 Tower, 1 Water Tender

4.Active Shooter= 5-6 LAPD Squads, 1-2 LAPD SUVs, 1-2 FBI, 1-2 SWAT Units, 1 LAPD Helicopter, 1-2 LASD Squads

I completely redid my calls. For a structure fire, electrical, depending on size: Small: 2-4 LAPD cruisers ( to redirect all traffic) 1 BLS engine, 1 ALS engine, USAR, Batt chief, and TL or Tiller as necessary. LARGE: 4-8 LAPD cruisers, to block both sides of all roads around the area, 4 BLS engines, 4 ALS engines, 1 USAR, 2 Tillers, 2 TL's, 1 Foam tender,3 RA's (rescue ambulances), 1 EMS supervisor, 2 HRS, 1 light rescue, 1 HAZMAT on standby @ a command post I usually set up behind the fire lines (I fill my hazmat with 1 Medic, 1 firefighter, and 2 haz-tec units (hazmat firefighters), and an extra ALS kept at command post just incase it gets larger.

MVA: 1 tiller, 2 ALS, EMS supervisor, RA's used as necessary, 2-4 LAPD cruisers used.

Vehicle fire: 2 LAPD crusiers to block off both sides of the street, and a 2 BLS engines (1 set back a bit just as backup) and an RA just incase of explosion

Cardiovascular/medical emergencies: 1 RA, 1 LAPD unit, 1 ALS engine. Special for the "easter eggs" of 1.9: 2 LAPD, 3 ALS engines, 2 ALS RA's, and medivac set up ^^

Attempted homocide: 5-7 LAPD cruisers, 1 Air Unit placed to follow the suspect, 1 ALS engine, 1 RA.

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter

1. BC, FCR from station 1, and EMS supervisor has charge of any other incidents that happen

2. PD to secure the scene, EMS supervisor, Rescue/BC SUV with trailer (depending on location) ALS and BLS ambulances, EMS supervisor calls for more if needed.

3. I can usually catch it with just one engine or the BC with a fire extinguisher

4. One cruiser is enough to take him down... EMS as needed

for others:

Hostage Situation- PD provides perimeter while FBI is en route, EMS supervisor and ALS engine staged wherever TOC is located

Bomb- depends... sometimes I let it go off for fun if I'm having a slow game, but usually just PD and Bomb squad

Suicide attempt- If it's on land, I take a rescue and PD. PD arrests after jumper(s) is(are) safe.

Structure fire- BC and nearest 2 engines respond, PD secures scene and provides room for fire personnel

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter

*Tone Out for 1st Alarm*

1. Would send 1st engine company and next staff due, 2 sheriff ppv for crowd and intersection control, hazmat, send ems capt. and battalion cheif to eval. for adtl units/coverage.

*Tone Out for 2nd Alarm*

2. Dispatch EMS Capt. to EVAL. site, and disp. ems accordingly, also would have engine rescue dispatched, may have light equip. on standby.

*Tone Out for 3rd Alarm*

3. Dispatch brush unit and USFS if needed. at point which battalion would be on standby with engine staffed.

*Tone Out for 4th Alarm*

4. Dispatch police supervisor, Swat, ATF if already nearby, and k-9. EMS Capt would be stationed until area cleared, X3 heavy ambo's.