Paramedic_Engine_2

Dispatch Policy

Somebody asked somebody else why people send a ladder wagon to an MVA. Many departments carry extrication tools on their trucks, IE your jaws of life.

I asked because I thought it would have been easier to send a HES or USAR Squad and leave the ladder trucks for structure fires

Guest Sir Stan

1. Exploded Gas Pipe : Decon unit, 2-3 police cars or police SUV (close off the area), Fire truck 1 and Ladder, Ambulance standing by

2. MVA : Police car, Heavy equipment truck, Ambulance(s), Flatbed truck(s)

3. Unknown type fire : Fire truck 1 (maybe 2, depending on size/location of fire), Ladder, Ambulance(s)

4. Active Shooter : Any police vehicle, Ambulance

Yeah, I'm a minimalist :P

Edited by Sir Stan

A little bit off topic, but here is a story of one of my favorite response and what I send to the MVA near the the top right corner of the map:

"Motor Vehicle Accident!," says dispatch. The doors to Fire Station One are quicly opened. The USAR Squad is filled with three USAR Fire Fighters. Engine one is filled with two Paramedics/Fire Fighters and two Fire Fighters. The Vintage ambulances have paramedics and paramedics with stretchers. The USAR Squad and the Engines lights are turned on, and one USAR Fire Fighter and one Fire Fighter goes out and blocks traffic. The engine is first, and stays there while the USAR Squad turns on its sirens and heads to to scene. The engine follows the USAR Squad and three of the six ambulances parked in the station and in the parking lot follow after.

Meanwhile, at the police station, a motorcycle unit and three police Cruisers pull out of the garage. They follow each other to the scene, and get there before the fire units. All traffic lanes for a quarter mile are blocked.

The fire units finally arrive, and discover heavy smoke flowing from one car. One hose is connected and smoke stops coming out. Fire Fighters discover there is one entrapment in each vehicle. One more ambulance is dispatched and stands-bye with the other EMT units. All USAR Fire Fighters grab jaws of life and break open each vehicle. Paramedics move in and treat the victims. One by one the ambulances are sent to the hospital with just enough time for each patient to be unloaded. Four tow trucks are sent and the vehicles are brought in. All units pack up and return to their positions. The police patrol, the ambulances return to the station, and the engine and USAR Squad return to the station.

I will make another one on a suicide attempt.

I will as soon as my copmuter stops flipping. Here is the suicide attempt:

"Suicidle man" dispatch says. The doors to Fire Station 1 are opened, and an ambulance rolls right out. The Battalion goes next, and then Engine 1. It blocks the traffic as the USAR Squad turns on its iren and rolls out. The engine is last, and it blares its Q-horn, turns on its sirens, and drives away. The doors close as one last ambulance gets out.

Ahead of the pack, the ambulance hits traffic. Its siren turns in to a series of blurps and the Battalion beeps its electric horn. Near the back, Engine 1 turns it Q-Siren on, and turns into oncoming lanes. He passes everyone, and they follow. Soon, they arrive on scene to find an unmarked patrol car there. Engine one and the ambulances await on the curb, and the USAR Squad speeds to the building. Three Fire Fighters get and pull the jump pad out of the truck. Soon after they deploy it, both suicidle people are being questioned by the police officers.

The units return to the station, and eventaully home, knowing they did their job, saved 2 lives, and, for the new recruit, the First Response.

Here's my story: Suicide Attempt! Man jumped from a bridge into the water. One LAFD Boat and a BLS Ambulance, haha.

Honestly though, PD Control for traffic is completely useless, firetrucks can make cars turn around, and traffic doesn't build up enough to the point where traffic control is needed, and since traffic only travels on one side of the road since the other is always empty, I just position my units on the empty side.

Also, when there really is a bigger emergency, the last thing I need to care about is traffic control, since there are more important things to do. The only time I ever do traffic control is during the one MVA off of the bridge, since that one takes quite a while.

Guest Gil Galvanti
I was just wondering what units you all send to:

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter :sporty:

1) 2-4 firetrucks depending on the size and location, plus 1 or 2 ambulances as backup. I send in backup firetrucks if it gets out of hand.

2) Depends on the number of cars. Usually 1 firetruck regardless, 2 police units, and the number of ambulances that there are cars, and more if needed. Then tow trucks to clean up.

3) Depends on the size, if it's a small cigarette fire, one firetruck. If it's larger, then 2+. Usually an ambulance as precaution, and 1-2 patrol cars for crowd and traffic control.

4) 3+ patrol cars and 1+ ambulances.

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

1: Light Force and the Chief, 2nd alarm assignment is EMS Supervisor, 2 additional engines and a RA, also a Heavy Equipment squad for manpower

2: Light Force, the Chief, 1 ALS RA, and EMS Supervisor.

3: Single Engine, Chief or EMS Superviror

4: Nearest PD, also an unmarked (black patrol car) with 4 swat.

Also, i made some changes in game, Truck companies carry Rescue tools, (removed them from my engines) and EMS Supervisors can also call fire units. I Have, 1 BC Patrolling, 2 ems supervisors patroling, a heavy exuipment squad patrolling, also RA's, AMR, and numirous pd patrolling and "hiding" (positiond places doing "traffic") CHP on the roads leading into and out of, Port cops in the port. also a PD supervisor explorer at the polica station with a redular officer, a negoatiator, scout, and sharp shooter. Bomb squad on the map somewhere... eather at the police station or parked behind one of the fire stations., Foresty fire trucks staged in the parking lot by the beach, 1 engine and one crew truck, also a LAFD brush unit patrolling the city. also a fire boat ib the river with a rescue boat on stand by......

1: Light Force and the Chief, 2nd alarm assignment is EMS Supervisor, 2 additional engines and a RA, also a Heavy Equipment squad for manpower

2: Light Force, the Chief, 1 ALS RA, and EMS Supervisor.

3: Single Engine, Chief or EMS Superviror

4: Nearest PD, also an unmarked (black patrol car) with 4 swat.

Also, i made some changes in game, Truck companies carry Rescue tools, (removed them from my engines) and EMS Supervisors can also call fire units. I Have, 1 BC Patrolling, 2 ems supervisors patroling, a heavy exuipment squad patrolling, also RA's, AMR, and numirous pd patrolling and "hiding" (positiond places doing "traffic") CHP on the roads leading into and out of, Port cops in the port. also a PD supervisor explorer at the polica station with a redular officer, a negoatiator, scout, and sharp shooter. Bomb squad on the map somewhere... eather at the police station or parked behind one of the fire stations., Foresty fire trucks staged in the parking lot by the beach, 1 engine and one crew truck, also a LAFD brush unit patrolling the city. also a fire boat ib the river with a rescue boat on stand by......

DAMN dude, the map is not that big

Also for all you people who want the game is real as possisble, What I have been doing is staffing the ALS Bus with 2 FF/PMs with out a stretcher and having them heal the patient and the get the bed. Also, I kinda hope we get a new stretcher, like the Power Pro XT

OH and another question,

what does your town send on a Structure fire, MVA, Active Shooter, Explosion?

a structure fire usually has an engine, and probably a ladder, as well as a Small equipment vehicle respond at first, extra ones as needed..

MVA will usually have a rescue, a few ambulances, an engine, and a cop car or two.

Shooters are dealt with by SWAT

Explosions see full force of fire as seen fit, as well as police and ambulances galore... Depending on the cause, SWAT may be called in

Typically an engine and a ladder/quint, but sometimes just a quint. Now if its an apt complex, the other night they sent 2 ladders/quints, 2 pumpers and eventually a rescue truck showed up, just as rehab truck I believe. 1 AMR Ambulance. 2 Police. Oh and Arson Investigation eventually showed up.

MVA, usually one engine, AMR Ambulances as needed, and usually 3 cop cars staffed with one officer each.

Active Shooter, I think PD sort of sets up a parameter depending on whats going on. If its near a school Schools are locked down. Then SWAT shows up in either a SWAT Truck(an old bank car pretty much), or they may arrive in patrol cars. SWAT then handles the shooter. The cases I am thinking of were more like potential shooters then active shooters.

Explosion, pretty much every police unit on duty ranging from Evansville Police, Sheriffs, State Troopers, and even Indiana Conservation Officers believe it or not. Any avaliable LEO is there. Then fire trucks as needed, and ambulances as needed.

What does your town do for high speed chase?

Guest PVFD

Exploded gas pipe i send 2 engines a tower and a rescue....if needed i add an engine to the call

MVA i send 1 rescue,an engine and 2 ambulances or mroe as needed

Unkown Type fire only send an engine

Shooter i send 2 pd cars and ambulance as needed

Chase them?

Actually, when that happens we close out any surrounding roads, force them down a certain path, then they are doomed... If you are on one road and you have no way off it, police will just cut you off eventually...

Where we have one big police force that has jurisdiction anywhere in the province, we can chase them anywhere basically, and they usually make a run for the highways, which lead one way pretty much, then the RCMP will just join in and take care of that... RCMP does the highways pretty much.

Where we have one big police force that has jurisdiction anywhere in the province, we can chase them anywhere basically, and they usually make a run for the highways, which lead one way pretty much, then the RCMP will just join in and take care of that... RCMP does the highways pretty much.

How do they do it with horses? :1046275767_ugly:

"Bomb alert!" says dispatch. FBI and police units around LA are quickly called in. Two FBI SUVs and three Unmarked Crown Victorias speed to the target. The Bomb Squad and LAFD 1 are notified and move out. A Battalion Chief, a Ladder, and an ALS Engine turn on lights. The engine blocks the road as the Battalion and the ladder go by, electric horn, Q-horn, and Q-siren blaring.

Across the road, resident Greg Fambee hears gun fire and calls 911. The dispatch notifies him that units are on the way and an ambulance will be called.

LAPD officers shot the suspect with an AK47 as he tried to pull out an assault rifle. Vomb Squad quickly disarm the bomb, and the suspect is air lifted to the hospital. The suspect later died while in bed. He had an assault riffle, three grenades, a pistol, and a pocket knife on him before he was moved to the hospital.

2 engines, a truck, heavy rescue, and another Heavy rescue for RIT, ALS Ambulance for REHAB.

Single engine, heavy rescue, ALS Ambulance, PD.

All avalable On Duity units with outside units and State police, ALS Ambulance on stand by in quarters.

2 engines, a truck, heavy rescue, and another Heavy rescue, ALS Ambulance, County Duty Hazmat Officer, Avalible PD.

Guest dltforce146

I live near Philly so I set up my fire side with that theme. My fire units are also Hot Keyed for easy dispatch

Exploded Gas pipe gets a Box response with working fire upgrades.

3 Engines

1 Ladder

Rescue added on working fire upgrade as the RIT assignment

Chief goes as part of the upgrade

1 ALS as part of the upgrade

For an MVA

Rescue goes

Closest engine

ALS for every Pt.

If more than 2 Pt. I Send the EMS chase car which usually patrols

Enough police to control traffic, usually 2 cars

Enough flat beds to pick up the cars (they stage out of the area until the scene is clear to reduce congestion)

Unknown Type Fire

First I look at what I have

If it is a tree, dumpster, car ect.

1 Engine

If it is a dwelling or building

2 Engines

Police for Traffic

Almost all jobs I can handle with 2 engines

If it gets away from the 2 engines I send an upgrade assignment

3rd engine

1 Ladder

Rescue for RIT

Chief goes

1 ALS

For an active shooter

2 Patrol Cars (I send one cop up to the guy, they fight and then he is arrested. The second car is just in case)

ALS for any people hurt.

Additional from my responding units, I have a medical team at the police station, because almost every call my officers receive injuries, so they see the station paramedic. I also have a "dispatcher" set up as my #1 at station one, he is an ems supervisor...

On the island (I have deluxe) I have a brush truck, and 4 firefighters, as well as a LASD car with two officers. I also have a boat setup for the route to and from the island, it's my emergency personnel ferry :)

I may also have an FBI SUV or Crown victoria somewhere on the map on standby as well as a Engineer van somewhere on the map.. I have yet the need to call in a fire fighting boat yet.

Guest Hemre (Guest Rescue Me)

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

1. Exploded Gas Pipe <

Battalion Chief - 3 Engines - 1 Truck Company - 1 Als Ambulance

2. MVA

1 Engine - 1 Truck Company Or Usar - Depends On The Accident 1 Als Ambulance If 1 Tc. If 2 or 3 Tc 2 To 3 Ambulances.

2 PD Patrol Cars

3. Unknown type fire

If Structure Fire Battalion Chief - 2 Engines - 1 Truck Company

Unknown Type Fire 1 Engine

4. Active Shooter

3 PD Patrol Cars - 1 Als Ambulance Stand by

1. Exploded Gas Pipe <

Battalion Chief - 3 Engines - 1 Truck Company - 1 Als Ambulance

2. MVA

1 Engine - 1 Truck Company Or Usar - Depends On The Accident 1 Als Ambulance If 1 Tc. If 2 or 3 Tc 2 To 3 Ambulances.

2 PD Patrol Cars

3. Unknown type fire

If Structure Fire Battalion Chief - 2 Engines - 1 Truck Company

Unknown Type Fire 1 Engine

4. Active Shooter

3 PD Patrol Cars - 1 Als Ambulance Stand by

:welcome: to the forum bro, I send some of the same things!

Guest Hemre (Guest Rescue Me)
:welcome: to the forum bro, I send some of the same things!

Well I Have Been On The Forums For A Few Years But My Account Was Erased *( I Don't Know How I Was The First Rescue Me.

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Yeah Thanks For The Comment!

Additional from my responding units, I have a medical team at the police station, because almost every call my officers receive injuries, so they see the station paramedic. I also have a "dispatcher" set up as my #1 at station one, he is an ems supervisor...

If your Officers get injured, even minor, almost every call, you're doing something wrong. My Officers are rarely, if ever get injured.

The only time I ever remember any of my Officers getting severely hurt was during an Earthquake.