Paramedic_Engine_2

Dispatch Policy

Guest Jantje13

1. Exploded Gas Pipe:

1 Hazmat Squad(if needed), 2 BLS engines with each 4 FF/EMT, 1 Batallion Chief with 1 Paramedic Captain(if needed) and the Batallion chief Vehicle, 1 Aerial Ladder Truck with 2 FF/EMT, ALS ambulance(in case of casualties)

2. MVA:

2 Patrol Cars with each two officers to redirect vehicles, Heavy Equipment Squad, ALS Ambulance(depending on how many casualties, more ALS Ambulances) and a Rollback truck(depending on how many vehicles are involved).

3. Unknown type fire:

1 BLS Engine with 2 FF/EMT (if its a bush fire), Structure: 1 BLS with 4 FF/EMT, AlS Ambulance(in case of casualties

4. Active Shooter:

2 LAPD SUV with 4 officers to block of the road and redirect people(I forgot this one time, had 20 dead people :cry:), ALS Ambulances(in case of casualties), 2 US National Guard Blackhawk's with each 3 Soldiers and 3 Sharpshooters :happy:

If your Officers get injured, even minor, almost every call, you're doing something wrong. My Officers are rarely, if ever get injured.

The only time I ever remember any of my Officers getting severely hurt was during an Earthquake.

Well my officers have only gotten severely injured three times... One being when we had a sniper, and he shot one of my officers, right before I shot him... Fortunately my aim is better, and I have a better gun, so he went down, and I only needed to be patched up... The other two were from explosions, including a freak accident once, when an officer who was arresting a shop lifter was blown across the street by a gas explosion :mellow:

Every other time usually is when I have either like petty theft or something, and I order the officer to arrest instead of gun arrest, and he has to fight a bit, or if they have a gun and he has to fight... And of course the occasional dog attack may leave an officer slightly injured.

Usually it's nothing major enough to warrant a paramedic, or any medic at all, and I could probably do 20 more calls with the same result before I would need to have him brought to a medic because of extremely low health, but I do it, because I like to see full green bars all around...

The same goes for my engineer and vehicles. Not necessary for most calls, because one gunshot to the vehicle won't hurt it too much, but nice to have... I only get extreme damage when like a EV gets too close to a burning building, or an explosion (not by my doing of course)

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter

1. engine/truck company 1, engine 2 from company 2, HAZMAT 1, and als 223,

pd would respond with traffic cordon, and evacuation plan.

2. als 221 with 2 highway patrol for traffic advisment.

3. engine company 1, als 222, and batt. 1, pd would respond with 2 cars and advise further upon arrival.

4. 2 car units, 1 suv, advise of swat to arrive after first 3 units arrive on scene. then have als 222 and bls 122 staged at safe distance, along with als engine 201. have mass casualty mcv respond until called off.

I use an Alarm System for fires.

1 Alarm: 2 BLS Engines w/ 4 FFs, 1 ALS Engine w/4 FFs and 1 FF/PM, 1 Ladder w/ 2 FFs, 2 FFs w/ SCBA, and 2 FF/PMs, and then the BC with the Chief and an FF.

2 Alarm: Send in the remaining ALS station from Station 1 with the same amount of people or if it's not available (or depending on distance) I send in the ALS from Station 2.

3 Alarm: Send in 2 Water Tenders each with 2 FFs as well as USAR and the Rescue Chopper (which I always have with an FF/PM, a PM Stretcher Team, 2 FFs, 1 FF/SCBA, and 1 USFS FF).

4 Alarm: Send in HAZMAT (they have extinguishers) and 2 more ALS engines (from the menu).

5 Alarm: Send in EVERYBODY (from the menu) including (depending on situation) fireboats and a plane.

For MVAs:

Send in nearest ALS engine. Depending on distance/situation I send in either USAR or LACoFD and, if needed, a crane or LAFD Heavy Rescue. I then send ambulances and rollbacks accordingly.

For shooters:

Send closest PD vehicle and park it right next to the guy, then when he shoots it and is reloading, I get out and arrest him.

I was just wondering what units you all send to:

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter :sporty:

Here is what I send,

Exploded Gas Pipe:

Fire:2 ALS engines, 2 BLS engines, 1 Tower Ladder, 1 HAZMAT truck, 1 Battalion Chief

EMS: 1 ALS ambulance (more if needed),1 EMS Supervisor

Police: 2 Units to help with cordons & traffic (SWAT SUV depending on circumstance)

MVA

Fire:USAR Squad or HES with equipment trailer (which I have situated at the SE corner of the map)

EMS: 2 ALS ambulances, 1 EMS Supervisor, (1 EMS Helicopter depending on extent of injuries)

Police: 1-2 units to help with cordons and traffic

Unknown Type Fire

Fire: 1 ALS engine, 1 BLS engine, 1 Tower Ladder, 1 Battalion Chief (additional units as needed)

EMS: 1 ALS ambulance (additional units as needed)

Police: 1-2 Units to help with cordons and traffic

Active Shooter

Police: 2 closest patrol units, 1 Marked SUV (with 4 SWAT officers, 1 with a MP5), 1 Unmarked Cruiser (with 3 SWAT officers, 1 with a MP5), 1 Police Helicopter for surveillance

EMS: 1 ALS ambulance, 1 EMS Supervisor, (additional units as needed)

Guest Battalion 1

I usually split the city into West & East. The west is handled by station 1 and the East (industrial sector) is handled by station 2. To me it's easier to handle different incidents this way incase of a 2nd emergency in town and speeds up the response to prevent out of control situations. Here are my responses;

Exploded Gas Pipe (West)

1 BC, 2 Als Engines, 1 Bls Engine, 1 Truck, 1 USAR (Rit assignment), 1 EMS Capt, 1 Als unit & 1 Bls unit.

2 police units for traffic ( or however needed)

Exploded Gas Pipe (East)

1 BC, 1 Als Engine, 2 Water Tenders, 1 Truck, 1 USAR (manpower), 1 Haz Mat (Rit assignment unless becomes a hazmat situation) 1 Ems Capt, 1 Squad, 2 Als units & 1 Bls Unit.

2 police units for traffic

MVA West

1 Ems Capt, 1 Als Engine, 1 USAR, 2 Als Units & 1 Bls unit. (whatever flatbeds are needed) 2 police units for traffic

MVA East

1 Ems Capt, 1 Als Engine, 1 Squad, 2 Als Units & 1 Bls unit. (whatever # of flatbeds needed) 2 police units for traffic

Unknown Fire West

1 Bls Engine, 1 Truck, 1 Als unit, 1 police unit

Unknown Fire East

1 Als Engine, 1 water Tender, 1 Truck, 1 Squad, 1 Bls unit

Active Shooter West/East

3 police units

Armed Bank Robbery

3 police units

I don't split my units in directions, i just let them all respond over the city.

Armed suspect - gunshots fired:

2 LAPD Crown Victoria patrol cars, ALS on 10-23

Unknown fire:

2 Engine 1, 2 engine 2 (If needed) and then the last avaible units if it is very urgent.

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter

Exploded Gas Pipe:

=FIRE DEPARTMENT=

Light force with following units:

Areial Platform, 3 S.C.B.A. firefighters, and one S.C.B.A Paramedic

BLS, 4 S.C.B.A Firefighters

One foam tender or brush truck (Dependsd on which zone I'm in) per sourounding building for cooling pourposes.

If there is a lot of brush near by (Trees, hedges, bushes) I'll send in USAR to control that.

Add one BLS per burning building

=POLICE=

Police S.U.V. or UMPC with four police officers

If it's in an area with lots of civilians One UMPC or SUV or PC per side walk.

=EMS=

One BLS ambulance responds and any injury per man is handeled by the paramedic. ALS responds if there are any injuries from explosions.

MVA (Major Vehicular Accident I Assume)

=FIRE DEPARTMENT=

Light Force responds as normal, or an Areial (Extrication tools) With an ALS Engine.

=PD=

An SUV or UMPC fully manned with offficers arrives for traffic and crowd control. If there is a vehical fire they are usually first to arrive, I equip them with a EXTng and have them put it out.

=EMS=

Ambulances are dispatched as needed.

Unknown type fire

=Fire Department=

Normal Light force is sent out or an areial with ALS to combat the fire

=PD=

The nearest PC is dispatced for control.

=EMS=

BLS is dispatched

Active Shooter

=FD=

None, unless there is a vehicular fire present but I usually don't let that happen :police:

=PD=

Any avaliable unit responds code three

=EMS=

ALS is cleared to come in after officer saftey is secured to heal anyone.

Man I wish i'd seen this topic sooner :P

Exploded Gas Pipe:

Mainly a first alarm response at first (2 Engines, Rescue, Aerial, and BC), and then I generally upgrade it if the first arriving unit gets on scene, and there is a lot of fire (so an additional 2 engines). I have an ALS ambulance on standby, as well as police cruisers to make a perimiter.

MVA:

Seeing as all of the ingame are with entrapment, I make it a two truck response, with the BC. I have an Engine with the 2 medics, as well as either an Aerial, or Rescue (they have the extrication equip.). I will send the appropriate numbers of ambulances, as well as police, trying to leave as many lanes open in the area as possible to let the traffic flow through.

Unknown Type Fire:

If they state electrical fire, I make it a first alarm response, until they get on scene (i like to make it seem like I don't know what the fire is until I actually get there), and then I will take it from there. If it is just say, a fire because of a cigarette, I know it is usually a rubbish fire, so I send two rigs. Police are generally unecessary, but I send them sometimes to assist with traffic.

Shootings/Shooters/Barricaded Suspects:

I will usually send 3 cruisers to the barricaded suspects, and for the shootings and shooters, i send 3 Marked cars, with a SWAT Heavy Rescue, and an ALS ambulance on standby.

Not too shabby eh? Ha ha.

em4freak

P.S. @ GerardTIII: MVA standards for Motor Vehicle Accident :)

lol i thought it was Multi Veichel Accidnet anyway....

i usially have a base set up for the major events with police officer, swat commander, fire chief, and medic chief it makes it alot easier. and sometimes national guard.

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

I send my dispatch calls in a long and winding way, compared to you guys, but I think it fits a bit more realistically.

1. 1 BLS engine and PD to control the scene, then I send in a task force (Light force plus another engine) and have Hazmat rolling just in case.

2. PD first to clear the scene, with USAR close behind.

3. BLS engine and PD as control, with light force standing by.

4. unmarked CV as a SWAT response unit. If I need anything more, I call in the SWAT Heavy Rescue Truck.

I occasionally get a few losses this way, considering how long it takes to staff everything properly, but I prefer having my incidents assessed first. Excepting gas explosion. That gets all ALS, BLS, Light Force, and either more ALS, BLS, or Tenders sent in as needed.

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

1. 2 bls engines, LAcoFD squad for victems, 1 battalion chief anlong with 2 ambulances, 2 pd units.

2. 1 pd unit, tow truck, LAcoFD squad, 1 ambulance

3. 1 pd unit then call more units both fire an ems if needed.

4. 1 pd unit if handgun; 2 pd units, swat van 1&2, 1 FBI suv for rifle or multiple gunmen

1. 2 bls engines, LAcoFD squad for victems, 1 battalion chief anlong with 2 ambulances, 2 pd units.

2. 1 pd unit, tow truck, LAcoFD squad, 1 ambulance

3. 1 pd unit then call more units both fire an ems if needed.

4. 1 pd unit if handgun; 2 pd units, swat van 1&2, 1 FBI suv for rifle or multiple gunmen

You have a FBI SUV in freeplay?? I thought it wasn't included in the 1.8 mod version.

I don't think it is included in the mission patch freeplay

Oh ok... Never knew that.

I just got the game a month or so ago, and I didn't want to do the LA MOD missions before the original missions, so I just downloaded the patch directly after downloading the MOD.

Would you by any chance know how to delete the mission patch only? After i'm done the original missions, i want to do the LA MOD missions and mess around with the LASD van and FBI SUV =)

Also, would deleting the mission patch mess up the scripts? I currently have altered scripts to have additional personnel on trucks, HES instead of HAZMAT, and Foam tender instead of USAR

Guest firestation27
1)2xengine number 1,and sometime ladder truck

2)MVA stands for multiple vehical accident i think(USAR truck one 4x4 police,enigine number 2 incase of fire,and first repsponse car and 2 fully loaded ambulances

3)Intially 1xengine number 2,and if fire grows 1xengine number 1

4)I did away with these in my freeplay.but i used to send 1xpatrol car,to stop ahead of the suspect,then shoot them dead if they did not surrender after having gun pointed at them

I'm a firefighter MVA stands for Motor Vehicle Accident

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

Well, now since I have made numerous changes to my map, stations and staffing, Here is what I send now,

Exploded Gas Pipe:

Fire:1 ALS engine, 1 BLS engine, 1 Foam Tender, 1 Tower Ladder, 1 Battalion Chief

EMS: 1 EMS Supervisor, ALS/BLS ambulances as needed

Police: 2 Patrol Units to help with cordons & traffic

MVA

Fire: HES or Heavy Rescue Crane (if it is a water recovery)

EMS: 1 ALS ambulance, 1 EMS Supervisor, (1 EMS Helicopter depending on extent of injuries)

Police: 1-2 units to help with cordons and traffic

Unknown Type Fire

Fire: 1 ALS engine, 1 BLS engine, 1 Tower Ladder, 1 Battalion Chief

Police: 1-2 Units to help with cordons and traffic

Active Shooter

Police: 2 closest patrol units (cordons), SWAT Team One (SWAT Rescue truck 2) or SWAT Team Two (Unmarked SUV), 1 Police Helicopter for surveillance

EMS: 1 ALS ambulance, 1 EMS Supervisor

and just to add a few other events:

Bomb Threat

Fire: 1 ALS Engine on standby on scene, 1 Battalion Chief on Standby on scene as well

EMS: 1 EMS Supervisor

Police: 2 patrol units (cordons), SWAT Team One, SWAT Team Two, 2 FBI SUVs, 1 Bomb Squad SUV, 1 Police Helicopter for surveillance

Bank Robbery & Hostage Situation

EMS: EMS Supervisor on Standby at the scene

Police: 3 Patrol Units, SWAT Team One, SWAT Team Two, 2 FBI SUVs, 1 Police Helicopter, 1 Getaway Vehicle if demanded

Arson

Fire: Same as Unknown Type Fire Response

Police: Closest 2 units, SWAT Team One or Two if shots are fired

Random Medical Calls

EMS: 1 ALS Ambulance or 1 BLS & EMS Supervisor, 1 EMS Helicopter depending on extent of injuries

Random Police Calls

Police: 1-2 Patrol Units, SWAT Team One or Two if shots are fired

Suicide Attempt

Fire: 1 Battalion Chief, 1 Tower Ladder for a jumper or 1 Motorboat for Drownings

EMS: 1 EMS Supervisor, 1 ALS or BLS Ambulance

Police: 1 Patrol Unit

For every event, if additional units are required, they are sent. These are just first responses.

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

1. Nearest engine, light force, battalion chief, nearest police unit and patrol car. If needed HazMat, USAR, additional engine, EMS Captain and another patrol car.

2. ALS Engine (2 paramedics for healing and 2 FF for possible fires), USAR (for extrication and diver if needed), EMS Captain, ALS and BLS Ambulances as many as patients, 2 patrol cars, tow truck, crane or heavy rescue for underwater recoveries.

3. 2 nearest engines. Ladder, battalion chief and additional engines if needed. BLS Ambulance stand-by.

4. Nearest SWAT unit (unmarkered crown vic or markered SUV) and nearest patrol car (one officer with fire extinguisher for vehicle fire). EMS Captain and ALS Engine wait 1 block away until area is safety. Ambulances if needed.

i don't understand the point of the people sending swat trucks and all that stuff to a active shooter because the shooter moves. i just go right up in front of him and arrest him that simple :D

Guest Twix623

Here's what I do was soon as the game loads.

For me, I set up by Hotkeying the BC like everyone else. I staff all units quickly. I dispatch about 6 police units, with one on standby at a certain point in the city, two on standby at the station and the others on patrol. I'll send both Police and Medvac helicopters to their respective helipads.

I dispatch the EMS Officer in the Crown Vic and put him on patrol as a chase car, so he'll usually arrive on scene first and begin treatment of the patient till BLS/ALS arrives, or I'll use him as backup/support. I like to play realistically, so I leave all EMS units in station till dispatch. BLS/ALS units usually don't go on 'patrol' in my area.

For Fire/Rescue, I send units on the scene realistically as they do in my department. For car accidents I'll send out the Rescue Squad with at least 3 FF's, an engine if necessary, and BLS/ALS units depending on the circumstances. As for Box Alarms and Fires, I'll send out the Rescue Squad, 4-5 Engines, one or two trucks/towers, a BLS/ALS unit on standby, and the Battalion Chief for support. Depending on just how big the fire becomes, I'll send a second alarm, with a RID team of another engine, BLS/ALS unit, Truck/Tower, and more. Of course for small fires I'll just send out one engine or at times just the rescue squad for a quick extinguish.

That's really about it, I love the Fire/Rescue portion then anything else, and I try to play as realistically as possible. I'm in a Rescue Squad myself, and thats how we usually dispatch units.

1. Exploded Gas Pipe -1 BLS Engine 1 ALS Ambulance, Ariel Ladder truck, Battalion chief, PD for traffic control

2. MVA- Police for traffic control, BLS Engine, Ariel Ladder truck, however many ambulances are needed, then tow truck obviously

3. Unknown type fire-1 ALS Engine, BLS ambulance respond code-2 if required, then add additional units as required

4. Active Shooter- At least three PD cars in area, have BLS ambulance on standby a few blocks away