Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Guest firestation27

Why not have several stations, 1 in each major area? It would be more realistic. You could respond more effectively. A few pd stations, a couple hospitals, etc.

:O Obvioulsy you have never read anything about the stations before, so I'll explain

Each station is an insane amount of work. Plus all ambulances and patrol cars can patrol and stand by to be called. Like 7 fire stations, 3 police stations and really any more than 1 hospital (that's all you need) is way too much. It isn't as simple as placing 2 buildings and your done, there are lots of scripts, VOs and much more. It's not easy

What we have now is good, and it's very effective. Really that's about the same as what you would see in an area in LA, a response time of less than 2 minutes anywhere on the map from the nearest station, and each station has ALS and firefighting, so there is enough to be first responders and secondary units can be called in as needed..

Off topic: Can someone delete that quote in firestation27's reply.

On topic: I agree with NFK. 2 fire stations, police station and a hospital is all that is needed on the map. You have police cars on patrol and can even have ambulances patroling making it easy for them to respond to scene quickly. You only need one hospital for the map also.

I'm not sure if the following is correct, but i thought i should mention it.

The building in this pic, is that a building from the deluxe version of EM4? If so, can players with only the regular version of EM4 be able to see that building in the new map? Or did you make that building yourself, great job then :P

screen14h.jpg

I think it's even somewhere on the normal freeplaymap close to the canal and the trainbridge. The new map will be tested on both versions to make sure people without Deluxe don't have any missing objects. :)

The way everything placed now is realistic. 1 Hospital, 2 FireStations and 1 PD. If we had anymore, all there would be is buildings that have to do with Firestations and PD, and that would be unrealistic. In real life there aren't hospitals and Police Stations everywhere.

Also, are you going to make it so that it doesn't rain? It rarely rains in LA, and thunderstorms are very rare as well. Fog is also extremely rare, as LA is in the desert.

The way everything placed now is realistic. 1 Hospital, 2 FireStations and 1 PD. If we had anymore, all there would be is buildings that have to do with Firestations and PD, and that would be unrealistic. In real life there aren't hospitals and Police Stations everywhere.

Also, are you going to make it so that it doesn't rain? It rarely rains in LA, and thunderstorms are very rare as well. Fog is also extremely rare, as LA is in the desert.

LA is not in the desert, It's along the California coast. Also It has rainy seasons and dry seasons, so in some parts of the year, they average 3" of rain, and in other parts they get .28" of rain.

LA is not in the desert, It's along the California coast. Also It has rainy seasons and dry seasons, so in some parts of the year, they average 3" of rain, and in other parts they get .28" of rain.

According to MikesPhotos who lives there as well, it doesn't rain alot. Only a couple of days a year. I am definately going to disable the fog, because I hate it and it looks ugly.

whens the new map ganna be done

October 21, 2009. 10:14:57 am Depends, do you want an empty map (most of the traffic is still missing) with lots of bugs and other weird things or do you want a playable and stable freeplaymap with enough detail so you never get bored? There are about 2 to 3 months between that. Then it needs to be tested. I hope to release this map before 2010. :)

in this time of the year some people have holiday, people, with work 3 weeks, without work (school guys) 6 to 8 weeks.

You didn't read my post.

Most people usually work on October 21, 2009. 10:14:57 am.

According to MikesPhotos who lives there as well, it doesn't rain alot. Only a couple of days a year. I am definately going to disable the fog, because I hate it and it looks ugly.

Its not Fog, Its California Smog from the emissions and the chain smokers........ :1046276372_bawling:

copper_clappers.lin.wmv

Its not Fog, Its California Smog from the emissions and the chain smokers........ :1046276372_bawling:

*starts to cry*. Nooooooo! ANd California is the only state doing something about Global Warming (well, at least thats what my dad told me. He works for the Air Resource Board, or ARB).

It rains a couple of times a year, not nearly every day like it currently is. Too much rain, it's crazy.