w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

I wouldnt bother going through woods to get this released as I dont think he wants anything to do with it anymore.

Well nothing nothing.. I don't have the time anymore. And I spend a few years on modifying maps etc, so now is it time for some one else. ;)

I looked trough the post and pictures of the modified map. I see some good things and also some thing that I don't like to much. The street trough the park, that's something that I don;t like. I know that it's the easy way to go, but with that street you will lose in my opinion some of the reality.

In the old situation you will had to run trough the park to get to a patient or drive around. Yeah that cost some time but it's more realistic. And ok it takes more time for a firetruck to get to the construction site, but you can't always have a fire near the corner.

The second thing that I don't like to much is the extra bushes that are places by the houses. You need to place something there to stop the EM vehicles from driving trought the forest, thats trough. But you also need to have access from that sides for the childeren that are playing there, and to get to the crashed plane. It also looks not to realistic, better is to place a fence with an opening for people.

But overall am I really happy that there people that are willing to finish the map. About any approval, you don't need to change the thing that I mentioned to "get" approval, but it's just mine opinion on these points.

And to the modders: I am really unreachable for the next 2 weeks. Just send me a email if you have questions and I will answer them as soon as I can. Good luck with the map.

w00d

Guest GB619

It's ok wOOd your mapo is safe,i can no longer work on it.

Sorry everyone but i can no longer work on the map.All data i had is gone,just over a week ago,we had a fire in our home,it started in the main room,but fortunately did not spread,to anywhere else in our home,my pc has gone,along with the tv sofa etc,the insurance company have worked hard and things are looking better,the house is now livable,although the main room is still like a building area,the cleaning team did a great job cleaning all the smoke stains from the walls,and the fire service did a great job,they arrived within 4 minutes of the 999 call,fire started in TV,will never plugged in again at night,but anyways we all got out ok,and main room willbe finished by ened of next week,i have not heard from soldjaboy so i have no idea if he is still working on the map,a new pc is the last thing at the moment,fortunately we have a laptop so i can still communicate and keep up with things here,i will get another pc and another copy of EM4 but my priority is furniture replacement when main room is finished,anyways thanks for all the comments about what i did,but my part is finished.

I downloaded freeplaymap's second edition but when I installed it and started to play, then there is no any missions. When I used the 'normal' map there are missions. What can I do?

And if there have been about that problem before please give a link.

I downloaded freeplaymap's second edition but when I installed it and started to play, then there is no any missions. When I used the 'normal' map there are missions. What can I do?

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=4132

there are missions they are just spaced apart. this link should have the directions to fix this

Guest GB619

If you look near the train station,ther is a street with lots of clubs on it,you will see a man with a gun,either go into the editor and remove him,or send the ploice to arrest him,this is what is causing you to have no events,i did have screenshot,but not anymore,this will solve your problem

Guest firecracker2222

hey all, i have tried to install the new free play map as instructed on the page but for some reason i cant seem to get it to work. i install the 3 file in the Maps folder of the Lamod but when i got to play it the game just loads up the normal La freeplay map. idk what im doing wron.. could anyone shed some ligth on this for me?

THanks!!!!

Guest em4fan

First extracted files somewhere from the archive (.*rar), but two of them need to be rename, two of them have the word "F", remove it and you are ready to replace these files in Map folder :)

em4fan

If you look near the train station,ther is a street with lots of clubs on it,you will see a man with a gun,either go into the editor and remove him,or send the ploice to arrest him,this is what is causing you to have no events,i did have screenshot,but not anymore,this will solve your problem

Thanks, GB. I took him in to custody and this solved my problem.

Guest firecracker2222

well ok so i unzipped the new maps and placed them in the LAmod/maps location it replaced 2 of the maps in the folder already and added a 3rd. i renamed the 3 newfreeplay map. but when i go to load the game nothing comes up except theold free play map hoppah. pleae step by step from unzipping to renaming to copy and pasting it tell me how.. i know i know im stupid i cant seem to figure it out. thanks guys..

Guest GB619
well ok so i unzipped the new maps and placed them in the LAmod/maps location it replaced 2 of the maps in the folder already and added a 3rd. i renamed the 3 newfreeplay map. but when i go to load the game nothing comes up except theold free play map hoppah. pleae step by step from unzipping to renaming to copy and pasting it tell me how.. i know i know im stupid i cant seem to figure it out. thanks guys..

These two files if you have 911 first responders or EM4 uk edition need to be renamed freeplay.e4m and freeplay.dds

but you do not rename the eft.file you leave that as it was,as far as i remember,i cant check,so someone correct me if im wrong,apart from that you have dropped the files in the right folder,i believe the error is in renaming the eft.file

dfreeplay.e4m

dfreeplay.dds

And also added the .eft file.

Guest gazzie132

hi everybody i have a problem and was hoping someone could help me out. when i copy the files of the new map (3 files) it replaces the files from the first la sub mod but it still plays the map of the first la mod submod. does anybody know why this is and if possible could they tell me how to fix it. thank you

hey do you have to be running La mod V 1.7 or can the new map be run on v.1.8.1

it sure can, it works for me.

hi everybody i have a problem and was hoping someone could help me out. when i copy the files of the new map (3 files) it replaces the files from the first la sub mod but it still plays the map of the first la mod submod. does anybody know why this is and if possible could they tell me how to fix it. thank you

What first submod??

Do you mean the la mod..

or an submod..

Or what??

Thats great map! Good work, w00d! I like to manage traffic jams!

Good idea about 2 pairs of traffic lights on intersection. And about cutable rod in the forest road =)

But i cant resolve accident with fallen plane! The last big part of the plane (that had person inside) cant be transported by tow track. Is this a bug?

I saved and thransported to hospital 3 people.

PS May be its useful to post actual buglist at first page.

I have been working on my house for the last 5 weeks. I had taken sometime of so I could make a good start with the renovation. But this is my last weekend so I need to rest a bit for monday.

And I thought lets play EM4 again. But with that thought I noticed that there are still some irritating bugs. A small group of people have been working on the map but I readed that GB619 lost the work due a computer crash. I don't know what is left of it and I haven't spoke any of the guys lately, but I fixed some of the bugs tonight. Thnxs to the small crew that has been working on it.

I am planning to release it tomorrow, sunday. So people can play the map in a better form until the next release of the crew.

I fixed the gunman, path issue, FS2 issue, added a traffic light, silo and cockpit can be towed awayand some other small bugs. So there are still some issues left, but the map is a little bit better this way.

Sounds great w00ds. I was one of the three that was to work on your map, but things came up and I never had the time. GB, as you know lost his work, and Souljaboy has been MIA it seems, so I havent got a chance to use your new map yet. So thank you for taking the time to fix up these bugs despite your busy schedule. Good to hear every things gone well for you!

Oh and GB sorry to hear about your misfortune. Good luck getting back on your feet!