Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod Bugs

Lol I'm dying laughing...

Firstly, you can't kill a civilian by running him over. The cars are made to stop before. :):sorrysign:

Secondly, Police Officers do follow traffic lights. But they sometimes get stuck within other cars, I must admit it. You might need to reinstall the mod to fix this.

They wouldn't get stuck in other cars if they did. Watch carefully, they'll go straight through red lights. They only follow them if another car is stopped in front. And yes, the Civilian did die. He was standing right in front of parking and a car passed it. This made the PD car go on the sidewalk as soon as I hit the patrol button, and he was ran over and killed.

Guest Gabili1991

there is a bug on the deluxe-freeplay-map. at the brigde near the big fire station all ambulances on patrol stop if they come from the small street out of the west.

could you please try to fix it (because i have no idea how to do it :) ).

post-4621-1241264108_thumb.jpg

This isnt an LA Mod bug. The game doesnt recognize stop signs(even though there isnt one there). All you can really do is add a stop light. If you want a stop light you can look it up on the forum here. Its pretty easy to do.

This isnt really an LA Mod bug I dont believe, but on the accident at the polar ice station, the heavy rescue crane has to go past the boundary to move the objects off of the power switch. This causes you to fail every time. Only the original crane can accomplish the work needed for the mission.

They wouldn't get stuck in other cars if they did. Watch carefully, they'll go straight through red lights.

I have noticed the same thing, and it tends to create a traffic jam as the cop gets stuck with another car and neither budge by them self.

Guest seansharlos
There are a few known problems with the wye after trying to pick it up. A floating hose with nozzle remains and you can't do anything with it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to fix it. This problem shouldn't occur everytime you try to pick it up, it happens maybe 1 out of 15 times. It also seems to happen randomly.

Hoppah

i suffer from this bug all the time, not just 1 out of 15. so i did some testing to see why it happens to me like that. before the result one thing to make clear, when my firefighters get to the scene of a fire, i order them to change to SCBA and then they start to fight the fire. so when ever i place a gated wye its done by a SCBA FF . i thought to myself maybe this is the reason to this bug. so i tried to place and pick up the gated wye in 4 situations:

1. SCBA place -> SCBA pick up -> NOT WORKING!!! the hose stays on the ground.

2. SCBA place -> FF pick up -> NOT WORKING!!!

3. FF place -> FF pick up -> WORKING EXCELLENT!!!!

4. FF place -> SCBA pick up -> WORKING!!! but the SCBA turn to a FF.

so my conclusion is never to place a gated wye by a SCBA firefighter, only with a normal FF.

the result stays the same with PM without SCBA Vs. PM with SCBA.

for your consideration.

I just uploaded a different way to patch the mod. Compared to the previous hotfix patch it fixes only one extra bug. It's also a test to see how these installers work, because v1.9 will be released in a similar way. Please note that this program should automatically find your EM4 or 911:FR directory. Feedback to this program will be appreciated. :)

Download the patch program here:

LA Mod v1.8 patch program

What does it fix?:

See the first post of this topic.

Notes:

- All previously released patches have been included in this patch.

- Reinstall the mission patch after this hotfix patch if you want to play the original missions.

- When playing online, make sure to install the patch if the host has it installed too.

- It's advised to install this patch on a clean version of the mod. (excluding the missionpatch and older patches for the mod)

patchprogram.jpg

Hoppah

I decompiled the patch to see what files were being changed, but i havent run the installer to patch the files yet, but it looks quite nice. Adding the LA Mod logo was a very nice touch.

After the patch is installed you can view the read me, much easier :happy:

The Read Me doesnt tell you what scripts are included. It tells you what was fixed. I have custom edits inside of my scripts so chances are its easier to fire up an app like Araxis Merge and compare my script with Hoopahs and simply alter the differences rather then having to go through and reapply the code changes I have.

The Read Me doesnt tell you what scripts are included. It tells you what was fixed. I have custom edits inside of my scripts so chances are its easier to fire up an app like Araxis Merge and compare my script with Hoopahs and simply alter the differences rather then having to go through and reapply the code changes I have.

Ah now I see. Well of course I didn't know that. But in that case it makes more sense. :laugh:

Hey hoppah, I find bug - LAX Crash Tender = If I send this vehicle with the Fire Fighters SCBA Gear and I get off this vehicle I can't enter that vehicle, I must undress firefighters SCBA to normal firefighters. That's a little bug, but strange.

Hey hoppah, I find bug - LAX Crash Tender = If I send this vehicle with the Fire Fighters SCBA Gear and I get off this vehicle I can't enter that vehicle, I must undress firefighters SCBA to normal firefighters. That's a little bug, but strange.

Added the bug to the start post. ;)