Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod Bugs

This bug is maybe reported, but i reported it anyway:

Ladder bug: Firefighter cant enter the building to ladder truck.

IN multiplayer cop cars often get stuck on bridges blocking traffic
on the Dulex version the cop cars and ems are all ways stoping at 2 spots and its annoying

For all of you: I can't fix anything without screenshots. Am I supposed to find the spots where the cars get blocked on these maps myself? The multiplayer map has like 3 or 4 bridges and, if I am right, that ladder issue only happens in multiplayer what you forgo to mention. I NEED MORE INFORMATION PROVIDED WITH SCREENSHOTS. It's not hard to tab a button when you need a screenshot. So get Fraps and reproduce the bug for me and take a screenshot. Cannot reproduce the bug? Then it's not a bug, sometimes the game just acts weird. Or do you not want to load Fraps each time you start the game? No problem, when you find a bug hit ALT-TAB and start Fraps while EM4 is still running in the background. Then go back to the game and make the screenshots. Unless you want to wait a couple of months longer for the next version I suggest you are gonna try that. :)

Bug founded...

When you send the engine from fire station 2 back to the fire station.

And then when they exit,. another fire comes up.

And when you call the engine with the chief. the engine drives without any personell in it.

Because the personell are still running towards,,.. where they wait till they called:P

Im not sure this has been brought up so, on Mission 1, if I were to save the game at any point, perticularly when the fire was out, and then load the game, after about tem minutes the camera goes to cinimatic like in the beginging were the bus explodes, but instead the camera rotates, and rotates, and rotates...for about EVER and doesn't stop. This has happened before and it's starting to piss me off. :machkaputt:

Any info on this matter is greatly accepted!

Thanks ;)

For the people with lag:

I Did some tests with the siren script and I was right, the hidden dummyobject NEVER got deleted. So, when playing for longer times it MIGHT cause some lag because 100's (if not 1000's) of these hidden objects spawned. I have fixed that and here's the new script. See attachment.

How to install:

1. Unzip the package

2. Move LASiren.script to your '...\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Scripts\Game\Command\' folder and overwrite the older file

3. Done!

I am not sure if this fixes the lag, but it's a start. :)

Hoppah

Thank you. I will certainly try it now because I was having problems with the siren script. I'll tell you if it works in 2 hours.

Thank you. I will certainly try it now because I was having problems with the siren script. I'll tell you if it works in 2 hours.

Wow! What a world of difference. I don't get any lag when playing freeplay for extended periods! Thanks a lot Hoppah!

I hope you include that script in 1.9.

(The forum I'm from automerges double posts.)

yea Hop that had to be it... I didn't think anything could fix that lag but now it's THAT mch better. I played for over an hour at work and the play never deteriorated.

For the people with lag:

I Did some tests with the siren script and I was right, the hidden dummyobject NEVER got deleted. So, when playing for longer times it MIGHT cause some lag because 100's (if not 1000's) of these hidden objects spawned. I have fixed that and here's the new script. See attachment.

How to install:

1. Unzip the package

2. Move LASiren.script to your '...\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Scripts\Game\Command\' folder and overwrite the older file

3. Done!

I am not sure if this fixes the lag, but it's a start. :)

Hoppah

After I put the script in the game does not spawn calls and when I go into the editor the editor crashes after 10-15 seconds of using the LA mod.

Guest [SAP]Francis

If the bombsquad guy dies with the robot activated, the robot cannot be removed/controlled/exploded. Meaning it is there and does nothing. Shooting on it isn't a solution.

Aerial Ladder Bug

Light Force = Aerial Ladder + Engine 2

when your firefighter is at the ladder and u scoll Light Force[Aerial Ladder + Engine 2]

and press "To Fire Station" command and the Aerial Ladder will move with the man on top the ladder

ahaha i had the bug with the ladder too during multi, only i just sent the ladder home (must have been due to lag). and the guy on the ladder was even connected to a hydrant so i kinda broke the hardcoded hose :) wonder if i would have sent him out it would have let him have the huge hose or just crashed?