ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

ok, so i install the submod, its a RAR file on my desktop, then i have the lamod v1.8 on my desktop, compressed..then what>?

Hi PFAexplorer,

Once you have the file downloaded onto your desktop (compressed RAR file), you need winrar installed, if you do not have it it can be downloaded free online at

http://www.winrar.pro/AU/

If you right mouse click on the downloaded file and select the option "extract files here"

A file will appear on your desktop called "Additional Vehicles Submod for Los Angeles Mod v1.8" - Open this folder

Inside you will find a folder called Los Angeles Mod v1.8 - right mouse click on this folder and select copy

Now go to your hard drive and locate your installation of Emergency 4 / 911 First Responders (which ever version of the game you have)

- it should be under C:\Programs Files\sixteen tons\ Emergency4 or something similar.

Once you locate the Emergency 4 / 911 First Responder folder where your game is installed - double left click to open the folder

You will now see two (2) folders; Data and Mods, plus a number of other files including the config file - double left click on the mods folder to open it

Now you should see a folder for each mod that you have installed on the game - one (1) of these should be "Los Angeles Mod v1.8"

Now right click on an empty space in the mods folder where you see the Los Angeles Mod v1.8 - select the paste option and this will begin to copy the files that you will need

During the copy process, you will be asked what to do with some files - always allow it to over-write the existing files

Now close the folders down and start the game - your good to go

Hope this helps

so all the RA's will goto the firehouse. but the extra engines (E203, E2, E3) get a message saying they dont belong in the firestaton? how can i fix this?

I believe Shane is still working on the script for that.

i installed the 1.8 version and i can see the new vechicles in the side bar ingame but when i click on them the model pic is missing and when i click send vechicle the game crashes.

Hi topfuzz,

If you try a fresh install of Los Angeles mod v1.8 (I also installed the v1.8.1 patch), then follow the instructions given to PFAexplorer above, you should have no problems.

(PFAexplorer @ Jan 31 2009, 02:13 PM) post_snapback.gif

so all the RA's will goto the firehouse. but the extra engines (E203, E2, E3) get a message saying they dont belong in the firestaton? how can i fix this?

Hi PFAexplorer,

I have been working on the scripting for that, I have worked out the firestation scripts to staff the stations and for all the vehicles to return to the appropriate station/locaton. Unfortunately there are some issues with the Battalion Chief script that I have not been able to work out so far. This means that ALS ambulances and ALS fire engines cannot be called to the scene correctly. I have modified my version 1.7 scripts and they work correctly, but if I use these then all the fire/ambulance units lose the standby feature. So I am still working on it.

(PFAexplorer @ Jan 30 2009, 06:04 AM) post_snapback.gif

dude love the mod! is the AMR RA still in the picture??

Waiting on some files at this stage, but as far as I know it is not off the books - we have the ambulance but are experiencing problems with AMR personnel.

Hi topfuzz,

If you try a fresh install of Los Angeles mod v1.8 (I also installed the v1.8.1 patch), then follow the instructions given to PFAexplorer above, you should have no problems.

Hi PFAexplorer,

I have been working on the scripting for that, I have worked out the firestation scripts to staff the stations and for all the vehicles to return to the appropriate station/locaton. Unfortunately there are some issues with the Battalion Chief script that I have not been able to work out so far. This means that ALS ambulances and ALS fire engines cannot be called to the scene correctly. I have modified my version 1.7 scripts and they work correctly, but if I use these then all the fire/ambulance units lose the standby feature. So I am still working on it.

Waiting on some files at this stage, but as far as I know it is not off the books - we have the ambulance but are experiencing problems with AMR personnel.

ok thanks

Hi ShaneGreen

can u fix fire engine 2 & 3

see pic below

i trying to do put Fire Engine 1 & 2 at fire station 1 and Fire Engine 3 at fire station 2 but 2 and 3 cant go fire station

Hi JoseOu,

I am sorry if there is any confusion. Currently the sumod does not allow any other engines to park at the stations except Engine 1 (ALS) and Engine 201 (BLS).

I have managed to alter the scripts to allow the following to happen; Engine 1 (ALS) Engine 3 (ALS) Engine 201 (BLS) and Engine 203 (BLS) are at Station 1, whilst Engine 2 (ALS) is at Station 2. Unfortunately, I am so far unable to get the Battalion Chief script sorted so that the engines or ALS Ambulances can be called correctly. So it has not been included at this time.

I have also managed to adapt the v1.7 scripts to work including the Battalion Chief Script, but when using these scripts it is no longer possible for the standby feature to be used by fire and ambulance vehicles.

So that is where things stand at the moment, I think I am missing something simple with the Battalion Chief script, so hopefully I might have a result with that soon, I hope. :schreiben:

I will try to keep you posted.

Hi JoseOu,

I am sorry if there is any confusion. Currently the sumod does not allow any other engines to park at the stations except Engine 1 (ALS) and Engine 201 (BLS).

I have managed to alter the scripts to allow the following to happen; Engine 1 (ALS) Engine 3 (ALS) Engine 201 (BLS) and Engine 203 (BLS) are at Station 1, whilst Engine 2 (ALS) is at Station 2. Unfortunately, I am so far unable to get the Battalion Chief script sorted so that the engines or ALS Ambulances can be called correctly. So it has not been included at this time.

I have also managed to adapt the v1.7 scripts to work including the Battalion Chief Script, but when using these scripts it is no longer possible for the standby feature to be used by fire and ambulance vehicles.

So that is where things stand at the moment, I think I am missing something simple with the Battalion Chief script, so hopefully I might have a result with that soon, I hope. :schreiben:

I will try to keep you posted.

thk for reply XD

Guest fireguynh1984
We are having some trouble with the scripts for the AMR units. The skins and models are done but the lift script and the stabilize script are giving us problems.

em42009010519250421jj8.th.jpg

em42008101809083182iw5.th.jpg

em42008101809085484tr6.th.jpg

Hey thanks. I'll keep an eye out for when it is complete.

-Jay

I'm less concerned about the AMR unit and more concerned about the Battalion Chief scripting problems getting worked out.

Hi Madman,

Sorry for the lack of update. Currently, I am still running into a brick wall trying to get on top of the Battalion Chief script (but still working on it). My personal version of the game is running perfectly (with only limited testing so far) using the v1.7 scripting with Engine 1 and 3 + 201 and 203 at station 1 whilst Engine 2 at station 2. Unfortunately, using this script means that Fire Engines and Ambulances are not able to use the standby feature.

I can help sort out the AMR problems, I also have some nice browser icons for the ambulance. Just contact me and I'll help

Hi MCERT1,

Not sure where things are at with AMR, it's currently with Carl. But I appreciate the offer and the icons sound good. Hopefully, I can find out where Carl is up to and we could take you up on your kind offer.

Will be it touch. Thanks again for your offer.

Great job here Shane! Just wondered if you would be able to add the directional lights to your EMS Supervisor SUV since the function is there, it just lacks the cosmetics? Also maybe you could add a smal EMS symbol on the top to help tell it apart from the Fire Supervisor when both are on seen?

Thanks!

Great job here Shane! Just wondered if you would be able to add the directional lights to your EMS Supervisor SUV since the function is there, it just lacks the cosmetics? Also maybe you could add a smal EMS symbol on the top to help tell it apart from the Fire Supervisor when both are on seen?

Thanks!

Hi Xplorer4x4,

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the changes. :cheers:

Unfortunately, I have yet to try my hand at lights so I don't expect to be looking into that at this stage (it is a good idea though).

At least the redirection works even if we can't see the lights.

I am not sure if you have noticed, but if you look at the rear window, the BC SUV has command vehicle written, whilst the EMS SUV has Paramedic written.

That is generally how I tell them apart. Plus of course the EMS/Battalion written on the side windows.