w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

Let me explain about these crashes,

Everyone knows that the game works on C++ programming. Thats what the game engine language is along with the command and mission scripts. C++ is very unstable, and so crashes are not unusual.

And, for example, I saw emergency4freak talking about how he was dealing with a car crash where the cars had gone into the water. This is the sort of incident where most of the crashes occur because the game engine is 'thinking' a lot and sometimes this causes it to crash, especially if there are other emergencies on the map. Programmes running in the background may also cause this.

So to conclude, it is not the map its just the game engine.

Regards

James

News!

26-10-2008 - 1.2 released!

The new version is out. Hopefully with a fix for 911/FR. Also at a 3e bridge over the river. Itsn't a big update, but still an update. Again you need to download both files, the floor and the other one depending on your version of em4.

Changes in version 1.2- Fixed the missing boxes at the camp ground

- Added several hydrant events

- Added several electricbox events

- Added contaiminated cloud event

- Added suicide person event (person walking on railroad)

- Added a 3th bridge over the river

- Added some more traffic

- Did some updating on the map (added people, object, animals at some places)

I am not really sure if the 911/fr bug is fixed, but I gues it's. I can't think of anything else that causes the problem then some virtual object that whore in version 1.1 and 1.0. These objects are not in the normal freeplay maps so I removed then in my map.

If the problem still excist, well then the search for the solution continue's. That are some new small events, but only a few. I will add more later..

w00d can you make in police station place for marking to be marked with white lines? and maybe have more spaces for parking cars and in the TECH zone?

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...estationqn3.jpg

Ehh well it should be possible, but about more parking space at the Tech zone.. > in 1.2 there is less parking zone due adding some objects and vehicles. But I will look at it later.

Guest lord_bonev
Ehh well it should be possible, but about more parking space at the Tech zone.. > in 1.2 there is less parking zone due adding some objects and vehicles. But I will look at it later.

OK thanks for answer and the last is for new 1.2 map i must download only file "for new freeplay normal 1.2- 936kb" not again new freeplay floor, right? becouse i have it from 1.1 map

OK thanks for answer and the last is for new 1.2 map i must download only file "for new freeplay normal 1.2- 936kb" not again new freeplay floor, right? becouse i have it from 1.1 map

Wrong, the floor is updated too! (added the 3th bridge ;) )

Good news about the update,also it might be worth doing this,before you install the new mod,ie as in over write the hoppah map,i copied the entire 1.7 los ang mod to my desktop,so when i want to play hoppahs map,as i like both,i can just drag that folder back into my mods folder and it all back with hoppah's map,just a thought,maybe many have already done this.....keep up the work all ya modders out there :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Also i have done some more file changes,i now dont get any police calls,earthquakes etc,and i only get big fires which are more fun,i dont mind the other stuff,but i hated the bomber and arsonist with all myself.....i left the rabid dog and demonstration in just for fun.....

Not sure if you know this,but bridge 3 looks unfinished on my map,just thought you want to know

Image included

em42008102612394602xs8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Good news about the update,also it might be worth doing this,before you install the new mod,ie as in over write the hoppah map,i copied the entire 1.7 los ang mod to my desktop,so when i want to play hoppahs map,as i like both,i can just drag that folder back into my mods folder and it all back with hoppah's map,just a thought,maybe many have already done this.....keep up the work all ya modders out there :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Also i have done some more file changes,i now dont get any police calls,earthquakes etc,and i only get big fires which are more fun,i dont mind the other stuff,but i hated the bomber and arsonist with all myself.....i left the rabid dog and demonstration in just for fun.....

Not sure if you know this,but bridge 3 looks unfinished on my map,just thought you want to know

Image included

em42008102612394602xs8.th.jpgthpix.gif

You need to download the floor too!

I have something more info about the max 10 downloads for the floor:

When you click the link you get the rapid share site but with this text:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

You need to download the floor too!

I did that,i will re install,also how do you fix the hydrants,i have several now that are spraying water everywhere#

I know you added hydrant events,but tried several methods to turn them off,but no one seems to be able to fix em....lol

And i do love this MOD btw....

Hi Wood, first off, I love the map, really nice work.

Second, it appears rapidshare has removed the file - max 10 downloads allowed...

Weird, never happend before..

Weird, never happend before..

http://rapidshare.com/files/157717483/New_...r_v1.2.zip.html

Let see howlong this is going to work.

I did that,i will re install,also how do you fix the hydrants,i have several now that are spraying water everywhere#

I know you added hydrant events,but tried several methods to turn them off,but no one seems to be able to fix em....lol

You can fix them witha technician / engineer. There are only 2 hydrants at the moment then can brakedown and I tested them both (in em4 deluxe) and they worked fine. Don't how 911/FR or em4 normal responds to this kind of events..

http://rapidshare.com/files/157717483/New_...r_v1.2.zip.html

Let see howlong this is going to work.

You can fix them witha technician / engineer. There are only 2 hydrants at the moment then can brakedown and I tested them both (in em4 deluxe) and they worked fine. Don't how 911/FR or em4 normal responds to this kind of events..

I have 911 FR and tried to use technition to fix the hydrant, it says theres nothing to fix.

I have 911 FR and tried to use technition to fix the hydrant, it says theres nothing to fix.

And what about the electicboxes? Do you get these events? Because it seems that the events of the deluxe version are happening to you, but 911/FR isn't build to handle that..

Witch is pretty F* up because that would mean that I have to make 2 sepperat files / versions

Guest lord_bonev
And what about the electicboxes? Do you get these events? Because it seems that the events of the deluxe version are happening to you, but 911/FR isn't build to handle that..

Witch is pretty F* up because that would mean that I have to make 2 sepperat files / versions

Dont angry man :drink:

I would guess it's a bug in my version too,im using EM4 UK edition, also have not had any electric boxes events,pic below to show you there is nuttin to fix,it ok MOD is still good man

em42008102618193456ae2.th.jpgthpix.gif

The only thing that you would have to do is remove the Deluxe events from 911: FR.

I have 911:FR, how do I edit the files to remove the hydrant & electrical box events? Thanks. @Wood, your map is awesome. Keep up the good work.

I will edit the map later today for 911/FR

Im ok with it,i can wait till u release 1.3 with more bug fixes,thats if u are,im not complaining,these mods are free,so im cool,as i said awesome Map,it good that others share there work between modders to please us all

I got a call of a tent fire at the camp site, As soon as trucks got there, things where way out of hand.. It turned into a full brush fire. 6 inured due to exploding cars and objects. With a heavy sigh of relief that the fire was out, campsite was closed for investigation I turned my attention to a new problem that just arrived.. A School bus lost control on the freeway, went over and split in half... Just another day at the office.. :)