Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Come there in 1.8 a 3th fire station?:D:D:D

No I have planned to do a USCG station, FBI HQ, Army HQ, LASD station, CHP station, 2 LACoFD stations, aircraft carrier base, impoud, jail and an underground parking lot to park 200 emergency vehicles.

What about Area 51, the White House, and adding a part of Baghdad to the city? I mean, there were some Germans who thought Baghdad is part of the USA now. Maybe I should make the island on the Deluxe map like Pearl Harbor. What about Guantanamo Bay????!11111lol :)

No I have planned to do a USCG station, FBI HQ, Army HQ, LASD station, CHP station, 2 LACoFD stations, aircraft carrier base, impoud, jail and an underground parking lot to park 200 emergency vehicles.

What about Area 51, the White House, and adding a part of Baghdad to the city? I mean, there were some Germans who thought Baghdad is part of the USA now. Maybe I should make the island on the Deluxe map like Pearl Harbor. What about Guantanamo Bay????!11111lol :)

you are not talking seriously ??

Hey Hoppah, while you're at it, why not just expand the map and do the entire U.S., or even the entire planet. It can't be that hard. Seriously, guys. How many times did he tell you that a second station was too much effort and pointless, but you whined so much (Not everyone, mind) until he broke down and made it. Enjoy the fact that you have what in my opinion is one of the most spectacular item ever placed on a computer, ever. Take another look at the mod, sit back, and stare at the detail, ponder the countless hours of effort, and the fact that despite all the posts where people are complaining about this and that and asking for the same thing a thousand times, he still works on the mod. Thank you for what you've done, Hoppah, and keep up the amazing work.

Hey Hoppah, while you're at it, why not just expand the map and do the entire U.S., or even the entire planet. It can't be that hard. Seriously, guys. How many times did he tell you that a second station was too much effort and pointless, but you whined so much (Not everyone, mind) until he broke down and made it. Enjoy the fact that you have what in my opinion is one of the most spectacular item ever placed on a computer, ever. Take another look at the mod, sit back, and stare at the detail, ponder the countless hours of effort, and the fact that despite all the posts where people are complaining about this and that and asking for the same thing a thousand times, he still works on the mod. Thank you for what you've done, Hoppah, and keep up the amazing work.

A nice thing, but you are just trying to get on Hopman's good side. :1046275142_sniper:

Guest KingNikan

I just arrested a Crook and sended the Car to the Police Station. anyways i think its unrealistic that he walks by HIMSELF into the Police Station wich.Shouldent a Officer Walk with him in it

Guest lord_bonev

It's very good idea ;)

Guest keppy1770
Can Hoppah add this ladder fire truck too?

This has bee asked for numerous times. It will not work trailers are horrible in this game. Use search option please

Guest lord_bonev
This has bee asked for numerous times. It will not work trailers are horrible in this game. Use search option please

I was suggested this a long time ago ;) btw it look good but Hoppah is the creator of the mod...

Yeah? Read the first post in this topic again and come up with a solution for all 4 problems.

And, who is going to model it, because I won't. :)

well, im modeling one for the HESS Mod.

1. wouldnt ppl be happy enough just to have a tiller than to worry about physics?

2. theyred be many models (wheels, cab, back, ladder, etc.) when you send the tiller, it comes as one truck and looks like a tiller without any articulation. (you could only send the tillers to the rally point, not a point you specify) then, you click on a button called 'drive' or something like that, and it turns the back into the trailor. then, you could move it around, and once it got to the place (for fire support at forest fire or something) you click 'deploy' and it turns rigid again (turns to one model) regardless of the position of the 'trailor' (it jsut snaps back into being 'straight' like a ladder) and then works just like a regular ladder.

3. for window calls, the cab itself could be made to fool the game into thinking thats the ladder truck, then when you click deploy, it allows you to use the ladder.

4. side note on collision: how about putting polyogons that connect to vertices on the 'cab' part but extend back through the 'trailor' and are on the sides and back of it and might prevent cars from passing through it

well, im modeling one for the HESS Mod.

1. wouldnt ppl be happy

Not correct: People would bitch about every little thing that's not working correctly until I stop modding.

2. you could only send the tillers to the rally point, not a point you specify

Not correct: It's not possible to disable that command, so the whole solution doesn't matter anymore.

You can do it with a mission script, but it won't work in freeplay, because freeplay doesn't have a script what keeps running during the game (just a script that's executed once (at start)). And commandscripts can't check for arrived vehicles.

3. for window calls, the cab itself could be made to fool the game into thinking thats the ladder truck, then when you click deploy, it allows you to use the ladder.

Not correct: That's not the point, the cab doesn't 'know' there is a trailer. It will never find a good spot to install, because the parts of the ladder are part of the trailer and NOT the cab. The cab doesn't know where the trailer is, for example 30 degrees on the left side.

4. side note on collision: how about putting polyogons that connect to vertices on the 'cab' part but extend back through the 'trailor' and are on the sides and back of it and might prevent cars from passing through it

Not correct: Vertices doesn't have anything to do with collision data. Physics do, but your idea is stretching the physics and making the car a 30 ft long block, because physics AND vertices don't bend when the trailer bends.

I won't be convinced until I see:

1. A truck + trailer that seems to arrive on the map when send them from the menu. Even in freeplay mode.

2. Fully working physics for cab and trailer.

3. Fully working ladder

I am not going to spend my time on something that's almost doomed to fail.

Hoppah

Come on Hoppah.... how could you forget the russian nuclear missle platorm. Shame on you :1046275873_shakehead:

Guest firemanzac

Hoopah,

Since we have a USAR Truck, how about considering a mission where something like a large building or bridge has collapsed and the USAR guys have to shore it up and locate the survivors? It could be the result of the earthquake that already occurs on the free play :) You could even have the adjacent buildings on fire to make it really challenging.

Zac

Hoopah,

Since we have a USAR Truck, how about considering a mission where something like a large building or bridge has collapsed and the USAR guys have to shore it up and locate the survivors? It could be the result of the earthquake that already occurs on the free play :) You could even have the adjacent buildings on fire to make it really challenging.

Zac

It's not that I'm saying the idea isn't nice, it's just missions take a lot of time to do and he is currently working on 3 or 4 missions plus the other work for 1.7