Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

...I don't think they have a firearms on a helicopter.

Well, They do, And use it to shoot at drug smugglers and other bad people...

Dropping of a special forces: http://cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?g2_ite...ageViewsIndex=1

Shots fired from a helo: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCw2iIuV1A

However, I don't think anything like that should be added to the LA mod, It would kill the job of the Black Hawk...

Gino

maybe instead of a k9... what we need is a trained california black bear

afterall LA is in California and like i saw a bear on tv once and it was cool :)

lol very funny! But I still like to see some one to script a K9 unit.

The USCG units in the mod are for rescuing purposes , not shooting people.

The only reason I added the USCG rescue worker was because of the USCG helicopter and I don't think they have a firearms on a helicopter.

Why do people think every one should have a gun? Guns aren't the answer....

Your right... Only USCG on ships or at bases will carry guns... A Helicopter team won't really carry one. If they did?

It would be a different USCG guy who trained in firearms only. Plus firearms wiil be a risk be carried in a Helicopter.

In regards to USCG Aviation survival Technicians:

The US Coast Guard is a dual purpose agency that is part military and part law enforcement. They are part of the federal Dept of Homeland Security have the arduous task of maritime law, safety, and security. Since 9/11 and their inclusion within the DHS, there has been a radical change in their purpose, training and usage. Drug Interdiction and maritime law/port security has become a higher priority and you will find many armed Coasties around ports and on Coast Guard ships trained in interdiction and inspection. The most notable unit are the Airborne Use of Force (AUF) units know as HITRON (Helicopter Interdiction Tactical Squadron) which is typical refered to as "Force from Above." These are specially modified Augusta A109/MH-68A Stingray & MD900/MH-90 Enforcers. These AUF helicopters are armed with M240 7.62mm machine guns, .50 cal sniper rifles, prop snaring nets and other toys, and are mostly found on the gulf coast for dealing with drug boats and smuggling.

The other side of the Coast Guard mission is Maritime safety and rescue. The Aviation Survival Technicians go through some of the most intense rescue swimmer training in the world, and is comparable to Air Force ParaJumpers and others. The main difference is that they are NOT armed, nor is their mission law enforcement based. These men and, by last count, 3 women, are the EMS of the ocean for fisherman and sailors around the US. Typically flying the HH65a Dauphin or HH-60J Jayhawk, they can be found all around america's coasts responding to disasters, emergencies and all calls for help. The HH60J is the backbone of the USCG helicopter fleet. A medium range/lift helicopter, it is used for rescues, air ambulance, and coastal weather/conditions surveillance. One lesser known aspect is that for areas that do not have helicopters equipped for night vision/night flying, they will respond into the area for air ambulance and rescues. CDF in Riverside and San Diego county call upon them often for over the side rescues and air ambulances from the firelines of wild fires where other helicopters are unable to go.

Because they are also part military, it is not uncommon for the resources to be called upon to assist the navy in times of conflict. You will often find cutters and USCG helicopters staffed with USCG and USN personnel performing various interdiction, security, and safety missions around the world.

Mike

There will be 3 or 4 new missions in v1.7.

Awesome. On a side note I would like to point out that the emergency vehicles are driving rather slowly. Is this just my PC, or the game? I would like to see them drive faster.

Guest [SAP]Francis
You will if you have good speakers. I have a 5.1 set with a huge 190 watt subwoofer connected to my pc and I will definately feel it.

I won't add because the rumbler is even more annoying than normal sirens. Sirens aren't supposed to be cool or something...

Héhé.

Awesome. On a side note I would like to point out that the emergency vehicles are driving rather slowly. Is this just my PC, or the game? I would like to see them drive faster.

you can edit each units speed in your la mod folder in the unit folder

i have a few more suggestions:

1. can you make the Gallardo transportable by tow trucks, cause if u get them stolen, you have a lambo stuck in the road.

2. can u add an ax to the police cars? or give them the stablize scripts, and that would be great.

3. i would like to see another LACoFD vehicle or two, as LAFD wouldnt handle everything.

1. can you make the Gallardo transportable by tow trucks, cause if u get them stolen, you have a lambo stuck in the road.

2. can u add an ax to the police cars? or give them the stablize scripts, and that would be great.

3. i would like to see another LACoFD vehicle or two, as LAFD wouldnt handle everything.

LAFD handels all calls within the city of Los Angeles, and since the mod is based on the city, not the county, it is realistic that LAFD handels everything.

Has anyone else come across any other cars that are non-transportable? The big brown truck had that problem at one point too and its just a simple switch in the editor.

It's pretty simple... call PD for traffic control, call FD for ax's and medical aids. While all PD are trained to 1st Responder level, they will rarely, and I mean very rarely do anything more then just call for fire. They have their job, we have ours. It takes some real special circumstances for them to go outside of their comfort zone.

LAFD handels all calls within the city of Los Angeles, and since the mod is based on the city, not the county, it is realistic that LAFD handels everything.
The mod isn't only based on the city. Did you forget about the LACoFD Heavy Equipment vehicle? LASD?

Ok let's put this one to rest here and now. The LA mod is based on the Los Angeles City Fire Department and the fellow departments it engages with on a daily basis. First and Foremost, it is an LA City mod, not a County mod, not a state mod, not a US mod.

Having said that, let me stress by stating the Los Angeles City Fire Department is a world class leader in safety and service, and handles all routine calls for service withing their jurisdiction with great effectiveness. In times of greater emergency and in some of the special Initial Action Zones, such as West Hollywood and Marina Del Rey, you'll sometimes find a County Fire apparatus assisting as part of the initial dispatch to fires, and a county squad responding to freeway and accident calls. LASD is typically found within the city of LA due to their having the MTA bus and metro line contract as well as community colleges, hospitals, and court house/jail security.

While more LACoFD apparatus may be added at some point, and this thread is for suggesting things like you'd like to see more LACoFD stuff, more LAFD stuff is the priority and it is realistic they'd handle all of their own calls.

How about a foam fire truck?

A foam fire truck is in the game. It's labeled the water tender but if you look close, you'll see it is actually Foam 100.

Guest gabegrenade

you could always use the LAFD Heavy Rescue 56 Crane as a second tow truck. or the crane in the game that you use to take cars out from water

you could always use the LAFD Heavy Rescue 56 Crane as a second tow truck. or the crane in the game that you use to take cars out from water

From the FIRST page

7. Add the LAFD Heavy Rescue 56 Crane.

Unfortunately due to the game engines physics, a mid mount, 180 degree limited, reverse facing crane is not possible at this time.

Hoppah

C'mon people, read the first page, use the search button, use your heads before you post. It's not asking much!! There are a lot of good ideas in this thread, some of them might just surprise you by showing up in 1.7! The ones that have the best chance of being considered and added and pushed for are the ones where YOU put some thought into it, say why and how it'll change the game. The point of the next version is not to just have another car that does what all of the others do already, but to make the game new again.

New missions, new ways to use the units, things like the new entry points, things like delaying the hospital offloading, take some time to think and post and lets really make 1.7 like playing the game for the first time again.

Mike

Guest [SAP]Francis

Mike, I know how you feel, about those noobs. Its been a while that I'm known as one of the best SA:MP scripters, I'm tired of those pr**s asking this:

cmon francis, amke me zeh scriptz plz plz plz plz plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

I'm tired. I did one thing; I stopped releasing my scripts, everything stopped.

Although, I'm not sure if I'll like the new "unit" system, can you do a little summary about it for me? :)

PS: Hoppah; sorry for the swears, I was pissed :)

Although, I'm not sure if I'll like the new "unit" system, can you do a little summary about it for me? :)

None of us are tired of the suggestions, please don't get that impression, good ideas are good ones, but we ask that everyone be part of the big picture and put some thought into it.

As for the new unit system, honestly... No... 1.7 will be out when it's out, and everyone will just have to be patient till then :) If you like it, that's great, if you don't ... well.. honestly... with all of the hard work and hours Hoppah has put into it, i'm not sure whether you like it matters all that much :)

I will say this, 1.7 will not be a small update, nor will it be released any time soon. It'll make freeplay, missions, and all aspects of game play very different, more realistic, and accurate... and that's a good thing.

Guest [SAP]Francis
I will say this, 1.7 will not be a small update, nor will it be released any time soon. It'll make freeplay, missions, and all aspects of game play very different, more realistic, and accurate... and that's a good thing.
That's what I wanted to know ;)
None of us are tired of the suggestions, please don't get that impression, good ideas are good ones, but we ask that everyone be part of the big picture and put some thought into it.
I know, Hoppah is tired of noobs, and we all know it. Tired of noobs doesn't mean never like ideas - it justs means that you are tired of noobs' questions as those: include it plz plz plz plz!!!1 and then send it to meh and ill use for ma own mod plz plz!!

xD ^-- I might drive it off a bit :P

Mike, I know how you feel, about those noobs. Its been a while that I'm known as one of the best SA:MP scripters, I'm tired of those pr**s asking this:

cmon francis, amke me zeh scriptz plz plz plz plz plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

I'm tired. I did one thing; I stopped releasing my scripts, everything stopped.

PS: Hoppah; sorry for the swears, I was pissed :)

I script pawno too :D. Its 8x easier than .script.

Guest killgame

Hoppah, it's possible to add your ak47 to the terrorists in your mission of protection?

Because, see all time the same weapon it's really damage.

I know well that the systeme of aim is embarrassing for adding news weapons but it's possible to add a weapons to the AI with the same animations like the m4a1 or mp5? (with the scope)

Hi all, for me a mission at the airport with the LAX fire truck yet added and the other LAX vehicle can be a nice idea. Another idea is to add the M113 for the California National Guard and the possibility to erect hospital tent and tool tent...

In the original game you already have an airport mission ! , just apply the mission patch .