RangerDog

City of Beaverfield - A little gimmick...

City of Beaverfield - Release Version 1.0

CityofBeaverfield_gros73385a1385c6e51f.md.png

After a long development period, the time has now come. On Monday October 2nd, 2023 version 1.0 of the City of Beaverfield modification for EMERGENCY 5/2016/2017/20 will be released. We will be starting a live stream on Twitch, so feel free to come along. Starts at 7:00 p.m. UTC+2 on https://www.twitch.tv/olfde

releasestream21c003c4e9074920.md.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

City of Beaverfield - Release Version 1.0

CityofBeaverfield_gros73385a1385c6e51f.md.png

After a long development time, the time has come. On Monday, 02-10-2023, version 1.0 of the  City of Beaverfield Modifikation for EMERGENCY 5/2016/2017/20 will be published. We will start a live stream on Twitch, so feel free to come along. Start is 19:00 CET on https://www.twitch.tv/olfde (It will be in german)

releasestream21c003c4e9074920.md.png

The wait is finally over. Version 1.0 can now be downloaded:

beaverfield_dl649dff434db2e4f9.md.png

https://clientcdn.emergencyx.de/latest 

or 

https://mega.nz/file/hqcykSaC#10vvZGVf8ymdyGfaqGCNR-mdRtt6e0bStXmZb-QEIDg

Installation Guide:

Install Beaverfield via the Emergency Explorer:

Download the Emergency Explorer from the webdisk and install it on your system.

direktlink: https://clientcdn.emergencyx.de/latest

Navigate to Emergency Explorer > ModStore. Chose the City of Beaverfield modifikation and click on "Download and Install" in the bottom right corner.

After that the modification can be activated and started under Emergency 5 > modification.

Install Beaverfield manually:
Now navigate to your EMERGENCY data directory. Of course, this varies depending on which path you selected during installation or which EMERGENCY version or Steam or Boxed version you are using. If you use the Steam version of EMERGENCY 20, you can find the folder under:

YOUR DRIVE:\Steam\steamapps\common\EMERGENCY 20\data

If you have installed the boxed version of EMERGENCY 5, you can find the folder under:

YOUR DRIVE:\sixteen tons entertainment\EMERGENCY 5\data

Now unzip the downloaded ZIP file into the data folder. It is important that the files are not unpacked directly into the data folder, but rather written into a directory called "beaverfield".

The modification can then be activated and played normally via the launcher.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FloH said:

Unfortunately, since my posts always have to be activated by moderators (when a link is in it?), it always takes a while.
But you are welcome to read the English manual, which can be found in the mod folder under 1_readme...

Sorry about that. It has to be done this way due to the significant influx of spam bots that attack this site regularly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jan Moo said:

Its not a Bug. Its in fact wanted so that can you just send your Units back to base and magicly refill them. ;) We dont want to make things that Easy :D

The Problem with the Spawn-Areas of the Traffic will be fixed with the Next Patch!

One bug I have encountered that you might already know about is sometimes when pressing 2 to send units back to base, they get to the car door and just sit there while the car is stuck in place. 

Would it be possible to add a script, similar to the scripts used in Miami and Montana mod in em4, to debug the traffic and clear stuck vehicles. If it is possible it would be a easy solution for traffic bugs that happen either with vehicles going into other vehicles or cars getting stuck after being redirected by traffic, because for the most part, it's almost impossible to completely remove bugs like those.

1 hour ago, NoYes said:

One bug I have encountered that you might already know about is sometimes when pressing 2 to send units back to base, they get to the car door and just sit there while the car is stuck in place. 

Would it be possible to add a script, similar to the scripts used in Miami and Montana mod in em4, to debug the traffic and clear stuck vehicles. If it is possible it would be a easy solution for traffic bugs that happen either with vehicles going into other vehicles or cars getting stuck after being redirected by traffic, because for the most part, it's almost impossible to completely remove bugs like those.

There is a debug menu in the top left corner that will allow you to delete items one by one, its a little time consuming to delete a heavy traffic back up but its there along with a bunch of other tools to change the time weather and start certain missions/events. 

Edited by Tprosser56
spelling error
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Jan Moo said:

Its not a Bug. Its in fact wanted so that can you just send your Units back to base and magicly refill them. ;) We dont want to make things that Easy :D

The Problem with the Spawn-Areas of the Traffic will be fixed with the Next Patch!

How are you supposed to refill the engines then? I tried doing it from a fire hydrant, but it wasn't letting me connect a hose to it to refill the engine.

EDIT: Was able to find the manual and you have to hold down left shift to connect to hydrant/tender.

Additionally, found the police dog and doctor kits are still written in German. 

Also, found an untextured house and barn, see below:

https://imgur.com/j7HXtrC

Are the patrol paths unique? By that I mean, do the sheriff units when sent on patrol stay out in the county, city units stay in the city, and state patrol units stay on the highway? I haven't been sending units on patrol mostly because A. I can't keep track of which units are where and B, I don't want my county units to be way down in the city when I need them.

Also, I think it would be helpful to put unit numbers on the roofs, at least for PD/SO. Real life departments in the US do this often to assist with identifying them from a helicopter, but it would also help us learn/remember which units are where when we need to call the closest one. It throws me off when I try calling a unit because the suspect is right by the sheriff office and the responding unit is actually coming from the gas station or that one house driveway and the suspect escapes.