Jump to content
stockboy8

Hill Street Blues Mod [V1.0.1 out]

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, armyconrad said:

Out of curiosity, what font are you using for "Metro Police" on the side of the police cars? It fits really well with the theme/era

Unispace. It's a great font for things in this era, as a matter of fact it's the same font I use for the numbers on the fire trucks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cravalli said:

I can't finde version 1.0 to download.. I can only find patch 1,01 and download that.. Is the main dowload of the mod missing after update?

 

Or am i to retarded to find it? Thats a strong kandidate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cravalli said:

I can't finde version 1.0 to download.. I can only find patch 1,01 and download that.. Is the main dowload of the mod missing after update?

 

If you look at the download section of the forum you should find the mod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently played this mod at the suggestion of Itchboy. Some key takeaways I had:

  • This mod is incredibly fun!
  • The fire department and police units look amazing.
  • I love that it's set in the 80s, it gives it a very "action-movie" feel to it.
  • There are a couple of callouts that I don't remember ever seeing before, which keeps things interesting!

This mod is a GOOD mod. However, I do have two bugs to report and a couple suggestions that can make it even better than it already is.

  • BUG: When instructing a PD officer to put on a traffic vest, they revert to LA mod models
  • POSSIBLE BUG? : The M4 icon for SWAT officers appears a little glitchy. I didn't click on it for fear of potentially crashing my game though.

 

  • SUGGESTION: A little more detail in the EMS vehicle livery would go a long way (but it's also good as-is).
  • SUGGESTION: SWAT Officers granted access to flash-bangs for the hostage callouts. As is, it ends in a shootout almost every time.
  • SUGGESTION: A mass-casualty unit would be ideal for a couple of the callouts (specifically the large MVC on the east side).
  • SUGGESTION: Implementation of a parking script and/or water tank script would make this mod even more fun than it already is! (Admittedly I don't know how easy or hard it is to implement this, and what kind of permissions are required from other authors)

Thank you Stockboy8 and CanadianFrog for a great mod, it will stay in my lineup for a long time! (And thank you to itchboy for suggesting this mod to me.)

Edited by AShadowbox
Removed a potentially spam-like sentence
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2021 at 1:48 PM, AShadowbox said:

I recently played this mod at the suggestion of Itchboy. Some key takeaways I had:

  • This mod is incredibly fun!
  • The fire department and police units look amazing.
  • I love that it's set in the 80s, it gives it a very "action-movie" feel to it.
  • There are a couple of callouts that I don't remember ever seeing before, which keeps things interesting!

This mod is a GOOD mod. However, I do have two bugs to report and a couple suggestions that can make it even better than it already is.

  • BUG: When instructing a PD officer to put on a traffic vest, they revert to LA mod models
  • POSSIBLE BUG? : The M4 icon for SWAT officers appears a little glitchy. I didn't click on it for fear of potentially crashing my game though.

 

  • SUGGESTION: A little more detail in the EMS vehicle livery would go a long way (but it's also good as-is).
  • SUGGESTION: SWAT Officers granted access to flash-bangs for the hostage callouts. As is, it ends in a shootout almost every time.
  • SUGGESTION: A mass-casualty unit would be ideal for a couple of the callouts (specifically the large MVC on the east side).
  • SUGGESTION: Implementation of a parking script and/or water tank script would make this mod even more fun than it already is! (Admittedly I don't know how easy or hard it is to implement this, and what kind of permissions are required from other authors)

Thank you Stockboy8 and CanadianFrog for a great mod, it will stay in my lineup for a long time! (And thank you to itchboy for suggesting this mod to me.)

Thank you so much for your feedback, and thank you even more for playing my mod! I'd like to take a moment to respond to each of your bug reports and suggestions.

-The traffic vest bug is simply because I have not swapped the models for officers with the vest. I will be removing the command to change in the next version
-The M4 icon is a symptom of something I meant to fix but never got around to. I'll do my best to have it all ready for the next version, by having SWAT officers able to grab M4s (or in the context of this mod, M16 most likely)
-EMS will be getting a full rework in the next version as I'm not happy with as it is right now. I have some new models on the way,
-I tested this and swat officers ARE able to grab flash grenades, I have no idea why you were unable to grab them.
-I've thought about having an MCU but I've been unable to find any reference pictures that fit the era. If you or anyone else has some, please post them here or DM me.
-Parking script will most likely never come as I doubt I'd get proper permissions, but a water supply script may come, just not in the next update.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, stockboy8 said:

Thank you so much for your feedback, and thank you even more for playing my mod! I'd like to take a moment to respond to each of your bug reports and suggestions.

-The traffic vest bug is simply because I have not swapped the models for officers with the vest. I will be removing the command to change in the next version
-The M4 icon is a symptom of something I meant to fix but never got around to. I'll do my best to have it all ready for the next version, by having SWAT officers able to grab M4s (or in the context of this mod, M16 most likely)
-EMS will be getting a full rework in the next version as I'm not happy with as it is right now. I have some new models on the way,
-I tested this and swat officers ARE able to grab flash grenades, I have no idea why you were unable to grab them.
-I've thought about having an MCU but I've been unable to find any reference pictures that fit the era. If you or anyone else has some, please post them here or DM me.
-Parking script will most likely never come as I doubt I'd get proper permissions, but a water supply script may come, just not in the next update.

For the SWAT thing, it may be a case that I just completely didn't see the button, in which case, my bad!

MCU are most often just converted city buses.  Since you are making a fictional mod anyway, my suggestion would be to use any city bus from that era instead of a purpose-built unit (only areas with the highest budgets have those). Here is an example of a unit from the late 70s/early 80s: 

Also as a side note, the whole album that came from might be of some interest to you, though it is NYC centric. https://www.flickriver.com/photos/44700898@N02/popular-interesting/

NYC EMS 578

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AShadowbox said:

For the SWAT thing, it may be a case that I just completely didn't see the button, in which case, my bad!

MCU are most often just converted city buses.  Since you are making a fictional mod anyway, my suggestion would be to use any city bus from that era instead of a purpose-built unit (only areas with the highest budgets have those). Here is an example of a unit from the late 70s/early 80s: 

Also as a side note, the whole album that came from might be of some interest to you, though it is NYC centric. https://www.flickriver.com/photos/44700898@N02/popular-interesting/

NYC EMS 578

 

Thank you so much for the photo, I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough but that bus is almost exactly what I was looking for. As for the album, It's an amazing thing to flip through but unfortunately many of the vehicles fall outside my intended timeframe. Still, it should keep me busy for a few days.

An update for all of you, since many of you complained about a lack of variety within the police department, so I decided to add some state troopers. I took a look at a few different state trooper vehicles from different states Hill Street Blues was based on, and decided on New York for a setting. I completed two vehicles to fill the CHP slots. Both are Itchboy's Ford LTD with EmC_Unit's Aerodynic lightbar
20210610215409_1.thumb.jpg.93b8a4066dec564719c17ff7c35d7155.jpg
 

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, stockboy8 said:

Thank you so much for the photo, I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough but that bus is almost exactly what I was looking for. As for the album, It's an amazing thing to flip through but unfortunately many of the vehicles fall outside my intended timeframe. Still, it should keep me busy for a few days.

An update for all of you, since many of you complained about a lack of variety within the police department, so I decided to add some state troopers. I took a look at a few different state trooper vehicles from different states Hill Street Blues was based on, and decided on New York for a setting. I completed two vehicles to fill the CHP slots. Both are Itchboy's Ford LTD with EmC_Unit's Aerodynic lightbar
20210610215409_1.thumb.jpg.93b8a4066dec564719c17ff7c35d7155.jpg
 

Wow, those liveries are sharp! Looks really good on those cars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...