Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Haha, so when an officer asks you to HALT you run away? Right....

And what has to be fixed? There is not wrong with the way everything works.

no, not in that way. if a police officer tells me that i'm not allowed to walk a street in. then most people search for another way the reach there planned destination. of course some of them stay looking. but most go still follow there way. that can be changed/fixed that the not all stay at by the officer which halt them but that the walk to another street and follow another path. just a realistic change. and yes i know it might request hard scripting skills.

Guest Taylor
Haha, so when an officer asks you to HALT you run away? Right....

And what has to be fixed? There is not wrong with the way everything works.

omg.png

I noticed when I had a large pile up, cars went around and through the damaged cars while I was waiting for the tow trucks. How come a car can't just go around or turn around when there is a fire truck in the road?

Guest Taylor
Um, what? It was driving through the damaged cars, and not obeying the redirect bar is what you are saying?

No.. the cars (regular computer generated cars, not the ones you use to play the game with) they went between the vehicles that were damaged.. and actually made turns. I've never seen them do that before other than the regular turns in the game. How come they wont just go around a fire truck or something if it's sticking out in the lane and then just go around it when another car goes?

@ Hoppah. Another thing regarding the word "Paramedic". On the LAX ambulance the word "Paramedic", located above the rear wheel, has an "S" on the end. I did some research and the real ambulance only says "Paramedic". I don't if you want to change this or not but I thought I would let you know.

Guest Taylor
Because that would involve changing from a set path... That's a line the car will follow to the end of the world( and will unless something stops it :P )

This game does not have free pathing like the GTA games, where vehicles can pull off the road.

Ohh okay thanks didn't know..

Besides that it is part of the gameplay right? In real life people don't need some firefighter to tell them to turn around. When you see the firetruck and an accident which you can't pass you will redirect yourself. Assuming you are not braindead :1046275767_ugly:

But there are those brain dead people none the less. I saw a girl drive right around a cop blocking both lanes of traffic and almost drove right over a supply line for a fire engine. The cop stoped her and she actually has the stupidity to ask, "can i go this way?" Needles to say she was good for a laugh that night.

No.. the cars (regular computer generated cars, not the ones you use to play the game with) they went between the vehicles that were damaged.. and actually made turns. I've never seen them do that before other than the regular turns in the game. How come they wont just go around a fire truck or something if it's sticking out in the lane and then just go around it when another car goes?

Well I was planning on elaborating on NFKs post, but if you understood it, then I will just leave it alone and say you know its not possible now. I wish it were as I find the redirect command to be rather stupid if say you have a unit only blocking a portion of the lane as obviously in real life you would turn around just for that. Well not in most cases.

Is it possible to setup the campaign as to have both the standard and la mod missions. I've tried editing the campaign file (specs/campaign.xml) but with no luck.

Hoppah has already stated this is a planned change for V1.9.

Ummmmmmm, I think he was talking about in the get command.

Egal.

How about a super robot monkey that comes down from mars and attacks with water hoses and kills missing model profiles.

Come on people, Hoppah said he doesn't want to add very many changes and the suggestion topic was closed for a reason, if you want something like that badly you take time out of your life and make UI, scripts, and test it for a bunch of people that keep demanding more.

No, because of a very simple reason. I can't add more commands to the PD officers, because the interface is full.

if you want your allowed by me to install this submod for emergency 4 just in your mod Los Angeles Mod: http://www.filefront.com/14115825/EMCommandGroup_EN.exe/

if give the full use of the equipment space instead of the 9 or 10 you normal have.

Looks like you've solved the problem.

Nope, you think I am not capable of trying things out myself? I already tried it myself years ago and it does not work. Same thing for this one. I tested it and I was right! I added the file and also added 5 extra equipment commands to the SWAT officer. As soon as I selected the SWAT officer the game CRASHED.

Internet Explorer can load xml files and will also show errors when the xml file cannot be loaded. So I checked the file and there is an error in it (in Dutch):

erroranj.jpg

@ souldbody: Next time test your submods and include an ingame screenshot, so I don't have to test if it actually works.

Hoppah

hoppah, i have a question. if you test out this other version of la mod, the one you mentioned in the other post about making a version that doesnt have so many polygons. will you release an alternate version in the same pack maybe?

Guest NPD-Traffic
Question: How come firefighters dont have the ability to stop/redirect traffic? I realize this isnt there primary purpose but I am sure at some time or another a real life FF will do some traffic control.

I thougt the same so i went into my editor and enabled all firefighters/medical to redirect/stop traffic like cops