Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

It's been a while since I've posted anything...or checked this forum for that matter. I gotta say, great job with the tiller, hoppah! Can't wait until it comes out. It honestly looks spot on like the real thing.

On a side note, totally unrelated, I got a job with a career fire dept! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Guest fireguynh1984
It's been a while since I've posted anything...or checked this forum for that matter. I gotta say, great job with the tiller, hoppah! Can't wait until it comes out. It honestly looks spot on like the real thing.

On a side note, totally unrelated, I got a job with a career fire dept! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Hey CONGRATS bro! :cheers:

Hoppah, are you going to change the staffing of Engine 1 to just one FF/PM since the LAFD is moving away from the paramedic engines to paramedic assessment engines?

Also, are you going to add the word "Paramedic" on the front doors or rear panels of Engine 1 (sort of how you added the 2 infront of the 88 on Engine 2 when you created light force commands) since it is a paramedic engine? See links to see what I mean.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/3369924998/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/3368878619/

Oh also i just realized how many people the tiller caries. ;) another reason to use it

A tiller only carries 7 people, just one more that the any other type of fire apparatus. and since the extra person is a driver, I doubt that hoppah will put an extra spot on the truck since you don't need drivers. And finally, though they can carry 7 people, most departments only staff them with six and then there's an empty seat in the crew portion of the cab.

A tiller only carries 7 people, just one more that the any other type of fire apparatus. and since the extra person is a driver, I doubt that hoppah will put an extra spot on the truck since you don't need drivers. And finally, though they can carry 7 people, most departments only staff them with six and then there's an empty seat in the crew portion of the cab.

Honestly, I can't even FATHOM that many people in a single rig. LAFD staffs their tillers with just 4, Captain II, Apparatus Operator, Top member and Tiller member. The Inside member tends to bounce between the Truck and 2 Car depending on the call and personal preference.

Inside of an LACoFD Quint, LAFD's trucks aren't much roomier:

2230560429_17c88051e9.jpg

3707017919_9c763b6952.jpg

With gear, maps, tools, and such in the back, 2 guys is definitely the best you're going to get.

Recorded and uploaded a short video of the tiller on the new map:

Download it here: Tiller Video

Size: 14 mb

Format: .wmv

Duration: 01:55

Hoppah, any chance you can get that video on you-tube when you get a chance, cause I only have a mac right now, and it's killing me that I can't watch it. Thanks.

@ Mike: I think it really depends on what cab model you have on the rig. Your pics look like you guys use the 4 person model of the cab, throw a six man model cab on their, and I think you could carry seven. I'm not an expert on tillers though, so if someone else knows somthing, feel free to add it on.

Hoppah, any chance you can get that video on you-tube when you get a chance, cause I only have a mac right now, and it's killing me that I can't watch it. Thanks.

@ Mike: I think it really depends on what cab model you have on the rig. Your pics look like you guys use the 4 person model of the cab, throw a six man model cab on their, and I think you could carry seven. I'm not an expert on tillers though, so if someone else knows somthing, feel free to add it on.

It's not worth it, because it's only a small video. Someone else may upload it if he wants though.

Maybe they do that in real life, but to keep diversity between the units in the mod, it's mostly PD who handles the traffic during incidents.

Besides that it is part of the gameplay right? In real life people don't need some firefighter to tell them to turn around. When you see the firetruck and an accident which you can't pass you will redirect yourself. Assuming you are not braindead :1046275767_ugly:

Guest em4fan
Besides that it is part of the gameplay right? In real life people don't need some firefighter to tell them to turn around. When you see the firetruck and an accident which you can't pass you will redirect yourself. Assuming you are not braindead :1046275767_ugly:

exactly :)

em4fan

near that also if a officer halt you, then search also for another way, or not? but i guess hoppah will try to fix those things later. he is now already busy enough with the map

if a officer halt you, then search also for another way, or not?

Haha, so when an officer asks you to HALT you run away? Right....

And what has to be fixed? There is not wrong with the way everything works.

omg.png

Hoppah, are you going to change the staffing of Engine 1 to just one FF/PM since the LAFD is moving away from the paramedic engines to paramedic assessment engines?

Also, are you going to add the word "Paramedic" on the front doors or rear panels of Engine 1 (sort of how you added the 2 infront of the 88 on Engine 2 when you created light force commands) since it is a paramedic engine? See links to see what I mean.

Will add 'Paramedic' to Engine 1. Not sure about the other thing yet. :)

Great! Don't worry about the other thing, I can change it myself. Will it be on the front doors or rear panels? I prefer the front doors but it's your call.

Maybe something like on these pictures