Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Is it possible to make Police K-9's in one of the LA mods

Is it possible to make Police K-9's in one of the LA mods?

It would be really tight, but this belonged in the Suggestions forum. I also suggested this, I thing it would be very cool but I don't Hoppah and Mike can create them due to scripts/etc. in Emergency 4 or 911 FR. Welcome to the forum. Hope the K-9's happen, lol.

Mike CCFD 469

oh ya i like that stand by command b/c i have my game play set up for manly for ems and i run out of them quick between stations 1 and 2 i like to send a ALS unit about half way across when station 2 goes out on a call to "stand by" for that area basically like a move up assignment to help cover the area i like that idea

It would be really tight, but this belonged in the Suggestions forum. I also suggested this, I thing it would be very cool but I don't Hoppah and Mike can create them due to scripts/etc. in Emergency 4 or 911 FR. Welcome to the forum. Hope the K-9's happen, lol.

Mike CCFD 469

sorry about that one kinda just got excited reading about the new 1.8 wasn't paying attention to which forum i was in haha i have been playing the la mods for some time now and they are great and they keep improving i haven't really got the sar k-9s to work yet maybe im just not understanding how they work on the game i'm a sar dog handler down here so maybe that's influencing it for me idk any who thanks for the welcome to the forums look foward to continue talking to each of ya...

It's quite easy to use the SAR dog. When the handler gets out of his SUV he runs around to the back and gets the dog. Once he has the dog you can move the handler + dog just like you move a normal unit. Once you have the handler in the general vicinity of where you want to search, click on the command that sends the dog searching for injured people. The dog will then wander around until it finds a injured person (I think the dog is actually attracted to the injured person if the dog is close enough to them). Once the dog finds someone, it will stand there and bark, letting you know they are there. While the dog is searching you can move the handler around also. If you want to call off the dog, select the handler and click on the command to call the dog.

Basically we can't make the police K-9 work for a few reasons.

1). The dog that is in the game is hard-coded to do the SAR operations, so that particular dog would not work for our intended purposes, even if we could figure out a way to make him behave like a police dog we run into the problem of animations; doggie=person model which means we can't do animations for him:(

2). If we were to say, build our own dog and try to add him, aside from the fact we don't do animals, so between all of us we'd make a sorry excuse for a dog; there is the problem of the animations and trying to make the scripting function correctly without crashes or poor behavior. I just honestly do not know if we could ever really match the duties of a K-9 Dog automatically, and since the speed of the pedestrian units is limited, we can't really make the dog faster than the people for example so he would be of no more use to chase people. He could essentially at best if we got around all the other problems (there are more than I've listed here), he'd only really be able to emulate the armed arrest script at best for a great deal of work to even make it do that. So Realistically I don't know if we'll be spending any time trying to find a workaround to him since there are so many hard-coded things that make this task difficult if not impossible, and on top of that he would probrably not be able to half of what would make him useful.

As for the Stand-by script:

Basically, you park the vehicle somewhere on the map, anywhere you want and then press the button to put it in standby mode, a message is played that tells you it has entered standby and the lights and sirens are shut off. Essentially taking care of what so many of us do manually. Then when you use a unit that can call in the respective vehicles that have this command, the vehicle that is nearest to the location will be activated and sent to the scene. This allows you to have the closest unit available respond that is on the map, should there be no free units available from either the map or the station, another one will be purchased and sent onto the map automatically (obviously you're going to have to pay for it).

About the DTS vehicles, the Standard Limo replaced the Original EM Limo and the sedans are traffic vehicles roaming about, so I was a bit off on that one.

As for the Stand-by, one last question, then I'll shut up:)

Will this command only be applied to the vehicles that can be radioed, or will it apply to the others as well... I am thinking it will only apply to the call-able vehicles?

There are no new commands to call other vehicles, because there is no space in the windows.

That also means other vehicles don't have the Stand-by command (no use for them). :)

Whether we do this somewhat relaxing hobby or we work, we're enslaved:( so at the close of the day other than a few days break from working on this mod and other co-ops we would either have to do this or think about work, family, etc, work again... We prefer this, its at least something fun:) We at least appreciate that fact that so many people understand we're human and show the appreciation for the things we're trying to do to improve the quality of experience for others.:)'

Happy holidays.

ha, you sound like his boss giving him a few extra days off. LoL

@Mikey: I love the DTS. It's very well done.

@Hoppah: The script sounds awesome.

You guys are amazing, even outdoing yourselves. I know that script was brought up a long time ago, before any of us thought it would be possible. And you did it.

Congratulations on such an amazing mod, and keep up the good work, guys. You make the game thousands of times more fun for all of us.

~Novius

Guest calimero83

hey i have the problem that i install the mod in EM 4 he says that the file is corrupted i have already tryed what was said earlier in the topic but it doesn't work either. Does anyone have an answer?

Clear your temporary internet files, delete the copy of the download you downloaded, occasionally, especially if you have an unreliable connection will randomly complete the file when it is not nearly complete, read the file size prior to selecting your save location I believe it is 186 MB, sometimes it will only download part of that and claim it was successful, obvously it is not if it is not 186mb.

Try and try again, even my high-speed connection I occasionally have this happen, usually when you are doing too much and using excessive bandwidth.

hey i have the problem that i install the mod in EM 4 he says that the file is corrupted i have already tryed what was said earlier in the topic but it doesn't work either. Does anyone have an answer?

Thank you for the appreciation, it means alot to me:)

I wish I could do scripting so I could figure some of the more complicated ones out but I fail constantly, so that's hoopers job. Take care my friend, wish you the best for the holidays.

mk

@Mikey: I love the DTS. It's very well done.

@Hoppah: The script sounds awesome.

You guys are amazing, even outdoing yourselves. I know that script was brought up a long time ago, before any of us thought it would be possible. And you did it.

Congratulations on such an amazing mod, and keep up the good work, guys. You make the game thousands of times more fun for all of us.

~Novius

Guest calimero83

Hey, I have tried this as you said and the game also re-installed but got the same problem. Is there another option to install this? Thanks in advance for the information that you already given