Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Enough... Nobody cares... Go fight about it in PM's...

Hoppah, your mod is excellent and it would be a shame to see you stop modding.

I was wondering though is anyone else still having trouble with the mission mod. Most vehicles are still locked out for me on most missions. Tried uninstalling the mod and the game but I still can't get it to work? :(

Just wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

Thanks for the excellent mod Hoppah.

And to all those whingers, this is ultimatley Hoppah's mod, not yours. You don't pay for it, nor do you contribute towards it. So make a suggestion, if it hasn't been made before, and if Hoppah says no, that means no. If you don't like it, get lost and make your own mod.

Cheers,

Stubbers

Guest j5mello
Here are my suggestions:

1) Police/Ambulance patrol cars move when there is a emergency vehicle behind them

2) Those paramedics without stretcher should be allowed to call for ambulance, ambulance helicopter or police car.

3) Allow multiple airplanes

4) Better patrolling so they spread out. I always put long time for the cops, I spawn like 20 of them at the same time and I manually do "patrol" once the first car is a bit far away.

5) Again, I am not sure if this is possible or not.. or if it's hard or not.. but more freeplay events would honestly own.

6) Again, if possible.. If the road lane is empty, make the cars drive faster.

7) When calling for backup, make it alert the nearest units.

8) If possible, make the criminals run more far away, or maybe drive fast with their cars. I love to chase! It sucks to see the criminals like someone robbing just stops in middle of road asking you to arrest him/her.

That's all for now.

jeez since you want your ideas looked at so badly ill do it:

1) Hardcoded, pathfinding code will only move Emergency vehicles around civie vehicles, i.e. can't be changed

2) Sounds good but ill leave that one to Hoppah

3) Hardcoded, only one plane can exist at a time, i.e. can't be changed

4) Probably a nightmare to change but ill leave that one to Hoppah

5) Pretty sure its been mentioned before that what we got is all we are getting for two reasons:

- its hardcoded

or

- its too much work

6) All vehicles move at a speed set in a parameter file it can't be changed dynamically

7) see #4

8) Not 100% sure about this but; all criminals attempt to leave the map and how hard they try (ie the quicker and more direct they are, less stops, etc) depends on the crime they commited. see #6 for the car idea.

AND Please stop with the attitude its really irritating especially since stubbers has a valid point. We don't control Hoppah, all we can do is make suggestions and hope that he implements them. Being b****y about it doesn't help.

lala I really recommend you to show respect to the members of this site and forum members. All members here are equal. I got 4 complaints about your word usage & comportment in less then 48 hours.

lala I really recommend you to show respect to the members of this site and forum members. All members here are equal. I got 4 complaints about your word usage & comportment in less then 48 hours.

I feel sorry for them then that they have to cry when someone write something to them on the forums.

I am showing respect to whoever that deserves respect, if he is trying to act smart and try to attack then he doesn't deserve respect

I can't really mod now, because I have bought a new PC! :D

It will take some days to install all software and drivers, copy all files (from old pc) and to make everything work.

I wonder how Emergency 4 looks like. :)

DELETTED 10 POSTS

Following our TOS we want a correct language here, this means we want respect to each other and not such stupid insulting comment. From now on I will grant a warning for insulting discriminating or just being lame.

Guest firemanzac

Hoopah,

Congrats :) I just got a new one myself and the graphic and proccessor diffrences between the old one and the new one are night and day! Thank you (and Stan) for making this game fun to play and I look forward to 1.6 when it does finally come out :cheers:

I can't really mod now, because I have bought a new PC! :D

It will take some days to install all software and drivers, copy all files (from old pc) and to make everything work.

I wonder how Emergency 4 looks like. :)

Guest Gamesfunk
1) Hardcoded, pathfinding code will only move Emergency vehicles around civie vehicles, i.e. can't be changed WRONG, check the Winterberg mod.

;)

G.

1) Police/Ambulance patrol cars move when there is a emergency vehicle behind them

6) Again, if possible.. If the road lane is empty, make the cars drive faster.

7) When calling for backup, make it alert the nearest units.

1) Hardcoded, pathfinding code will only move Emergency vehicles around civie vehicles, i.e. can't be changed

6) All vehicles move at a speed set in a parameter file it can't be changed dynamically

7) see #4

As I'm also playing the Winterberg mod, I know those ideas are not impossible to implement.

Patrol cars and cars on the way back to base stop when an emergency vehicle is behind them and let it pass.

Patrol cars and cars on the way back to base are NOT driving as fast as they do with sirens + lights on.

When requesting a police car in Winterberg, the nearest police car (air-line distance) responds.

These are quite nice features, and, as said, are also realizable ;)

About my new pc. My old pc was 5 or 6 years old:

Intel Pentium 4, 2,66 GHz

768 MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce TI4200 (128 MB)

120 GB HDD

Windows XP Home

My new system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3,0 GHz)

4 GB DDR2 RAM

Nvidia GeForce 8800GT (512 MB)

720 GB HDD

Windows Vista Home Premium

And 4 new games:

Crysis

Company of Heroes

Medieval II Total War

Silent Hunter 4

Still have to install Emergency 4, Office, Photoshop and Zmodeler2 before I can mod again.

Hoppah

About my new pc. My old pc was 5 or 6 years old:

Intel Pentium 4, 2,66 GHz

768 MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce TI4200 (128 MB)

120 GB HDD

Windows XP Home

My new system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3,0 GHz)

4 GB DDR2 RAM

Nvidia GeForce 8800GT (512 MB)

720 GB HDD

Windows Vista Home Premium

And 4 new games:

Crysis

Company of Heroes

Medieval II Total War

Silent Hunter 4

Still have to install Emergency 4, Office, Photoshop and Zmodeler2 before I can mod again.

Hoppah

Sweet, and good luck :D :1046275747_biggthumpup:

I highly Recommend that you should use Tony's lights.

It's very realistic and i am a fan of his work right now. His work as fooled me that i thought it was a real light setup but it's not :P

I like his lights, but I must say, I like eremal's version better. But yes, i agree with C.F.D., you should use his lights. Very cool :) Only the directional bar i am not a HUGE fan of, but its not to bad :P wait to go tony :)...and Hoppah of course :P

Guest zwonziii
IES Clan Multiplayer Map Modification for LA Mod, update!

Under authorization from Hoppah, here are some recent screenshots we have taken from our Multiplayer Map, which will be added to LA MOD!

highrisedwellingfiregm4.th.jpg

High Rise Dwelling Fire, North West.

gasstationfiremx5.th.jpg

Gas Station Explosion, South West.

airporthostage2jw9.th.jpg

Airplane Hostage Situation, South East.

The new Multiplayer map will include, more enterable buildings, more variety of scenarios, and some nice new areas!

Sorry for the low graphic screenshots, Image shack doesn't like bitmaps.

-IES

ž

sooo... is that map over yet? can we play it in multiplayer or smthing?

thanx.

Guest firemanzac

Hoopah,

Very belated Birthday my friend! You make my deployments and time away from home tollerable :)

We're back online!

And we've missed alot because I turned 20 last Sunday (Feb 24th)! :cool:

Guest 1shot1kill

Hello

The last time I played this mod was 1.3, I was happy to see that there has not been just 1 but 2 new versions since then with lots of cool new features, you keep on amazing me Hoppah. :)

I have an idea which may be interesting: I feel that the water tenders are too powerful in freeplay, you can take on most fires by just sending 1 water tender there, so my idea would be to make the water tender an off-map vehicle that you would call in in case of really big fires and have it's spot at the fire station be replaced with either heavy equipment vehicles or the USAR truck. So that when there is a car accident or another situation not related to a fire you could send those out or with a fire they could be used to just provide extra firemen to the scene. That would make freeplay a bit tougher IMO which is good. I know that I could just choose to not use the water tender that often but it is a fire station vehicle and often I do need all 7 vehicles available there, it would just be nice of not all 7 had fire fighting as their main task but to also have 1 of your rescue vehicles available to call with the firechief.

If you could figure out a way to make the water cannons on the fire engines work while also letting the hoses connect that would of course be even better with this, as long as the cannon would not be as effective at taking out fires as the water tender one.

I've been under the weather with a touch of the stomach flu lately which has given me a chance to play with the game a bit more then usual. At one point I decided to play it the original way, with no mods installed just because I never have! After about 10 mins, I realized I was completely lost. I poured over the docs because I had no idea what unit to use for what type of incident. What apparatus did what, and it was such a change to my normal methods that it made me realize just how amazing the LA mod really is.

Just stop and think for a second of a large city you've never lived in, never even visited, and have only passing knowledge of. London, Quebec, Sydney, New York, Detroit. Now just think to yourself about creating a mod about that town. From the smallest things like what does the police officer uniform look like to what does their fire engine look like, each piece is essential to accurately representing the city. Now I dont know about you, but I have no idea how many men are on a fire engine in London, or what they even call their apparatus. I have no idea what is kept in a normal station, what gear they wear, or what they respond to a call. I haven't the foggiest if detroit has paramedic engines, or if quebec runs their own ambulances or if they're part of their fire department.

I think that is what I have found most impressive about the LA Mod in general. I have no idea what Hoppah's experience and information level was regarding the LAFD, but he was able to do something most people could really only do for their own home town. Most of the comments and requests and such reflect each persons own knowledge of their locale, because we know what we see around us. One only has to look at the discussion of the 4 way valve on the rear of LA's apparatus to see how varied the rest of the US and world is.

Beyond the scripting and modeling prowess, the accuracy and detail that is found in this mod by a man who is not even affiliated with the department is the truly amazing part. I can think of very few who would be able to accomplish what he has for a department they were intamtely familiar with and even less for one they had no connection with.

Just... amazing.

I've been under the weather with a touch of the stomach flu lately which has given me a chance to play with the game a bit more then usual. At one point I decided to play it the original way, with no mods installed just because I never have! After about 10 mins, I realized I was completely lost. I poured over the docs because I had no idea what unit to use for what type of incident. What apparatus did what, and it was such a change to my normal methods that it made me realize just how amazing the LA mod really is.

Just stop and think for a second of a large city you've never lived in, never even visited, and have only passing knowledge of. London, Quebec, Sydney, New York, Detroit. Now just think to yourself about creating a mod about that town. From the smallest things like what does the police officer uniform look like to what does their fire engine look like, each piece is essential to accurately representing the city. Now I dont know about you, but I have no idea how many men are on a fire engine in London, or what they even call their apparatus. I have no idea what is kept in a normal station, what gear they wear, or what they respond to a call. I haven't the foggiest if detroit has paramedic engines, or if quebec runs their own ambulances or if they're part of their fire department.

I think that is what I have found most impressive about the LA Mod in general. I have no idea what Hoppah's experience and information level was regarding the LAFD, but he was able to do something most people could really only do for their own home town. Most of the comments and requests and such reflect each persons own knowledge of their locale, because we know what we see around us. One only has to look at the discussion of the 4 way valve on the rear of LA's apparatus to see how varied the rest of the US and world is.

Beyond the scripting and modeling prowess, the accuracy and detail that is found in this mod by a man who is not even affiliated with the department is the truly amazing part. I can think of very few who would be able to accomplish what he has for a department they were intamtely familiar with and even less for one they had no connection with.

Just... amazing.

I agree. The most amazing part is he is from the Netherlands and has such knowledge of vehicles half way across the world is just mind blowing! Hoppah, as I and many others have said time and time again...you are the god of emergency. You are the reason probably 95% of the people who own emergency, bought it, and finally...YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! :1046275747_biggthumpup: :1046276086_Hail: :1046274283_heul:

I third this. I have played so many mods, I can't begin to count. I think Winterberg and LA are pretty close in terms of which mod is the "best". As much as I have to say how well both mods are done, Hoppah is half a world away from LA, and the look of the mod is amazing, even without the painful scripting added to make the game 1000% of what most of us could pull off in years! Cheers, Hoppah, you are a king among men. I'm sure I can speak for us all to simply say thank you for all you've done, and we all eagerly await seeing those genius ideas in your head!

I third this. I have played so many mods, I can't begin to count. I think Winterberg and LA are pretty close in terms of which mod is the "best". As much as I have to say how well both mods are done, Hoppah is half a world away from LA, and the look of the mod is amazing, even without the painful scripting added to make the game 1000% of what most of us could pull off in years! Cheers, Hoppah, you are a king among men. I'm sure I can speak for us all to simply say thank you for all you've done, and we all eagerly await seeing those genius ideas in your head!

EXACTLY!!! He truly is god of the emergency series lmao