Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

How'd you get such a close view? I think it looks good. The other day, I saw a HiViz on an ambulance that was yellow on white, and it did look weird. The red on white looks fine. On ambulances, you might want to try red on yellow. So far, so good!

Its an editor screenshot.

About the ambulance, he already made it :)

ambulancefc3.th.jpg

Click

New textures look great.

The only thing I can suggest is that you look at your lighting. I found it to be a little slow on the flash rates which made it look unrealistic. I edited the lighting on my personal files and I think it really adds to the game.

Maybe check with Mike and see what he thinks as I'm not from LA.

New textures look great.

The only thing I can suggest is that you look at your lighting. I found it to be a little slow on the flash rates which made it look unrealistic. I edited the lighting on my personal files and I think it really adds to the game.

Maybe check with Mike and see what he thinks as I'm not from LA.

Can you post one of the edited lights here (in an attachment)?

Go to .../Mods/Los Angeles v1.4/Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/

And post fire_truck01.e4p (prototype file of LAFD Fire Engine 1) here.

In case I like your lights I can add them to v1.5. :)

Can you post one of the edited lights here (in an attachment)?

Go to .../Mods/Los Angeles v1.4/Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/

And post fire_truck01.e4p (prototype file of LAFD Fire Engine 1) here.

In case I like your lights I can add them to v1.5. :)

Sure, take a look and see what you think. Again, you might want to check with Mike on my modifications to make sure they aren't completely wrong.

I've attached the requested file for Fire Truck 1. (The other trucks are similar, but not exactly the same to add a little variety, so let me know if you want one of the others as well.)

fire_truck01.rar

what i also suggest(i did this addition for my own personal use) is add the fire hose connections , have some in the back wherer the hose bed it, in game it looks a lot mor realistic and a little cooler. and maybe one on the crosslay

Guest firefighter304

uh there are hose connections... to my knowledge, there are two on each side of the truck in hoppah's mod (the two different engines)... yeah there should be one on the back, but the only realisim about that would be was if hoppah increased the gpm on it because on the back is where a 2 1/2 inch connection would be.. where as the hose lays on the sides are only 1 1/3 inch

uh there are hose connections... to my knowledge, there are two on each side of the truck in hoppah's mod (the two different engines)... yeah there should be one on the back, but the only realisim about that would be was if hoppah increased the gpm on it because on the back is where a 2 1/2 inch connection would be.. where as the hose lays on the sides are only 1 1/3 inch

Actually, I don't know if this is entirely correct (unless this is listed in the LAFD'd SOP's)... I've seen plenty of engines with 2.5 inch connections in the cross lays (ours included) along with 1.75 inch lines. I'm not sure what the LAFD specs are for their engines, hopefully Mike can shed some light on the issue.

Mike, do you know the hose layout for LAFD engines? What size hose is standard? Does the LAFD run CAFS capable engines, or is that left to Foam Tenders?

EDIT:

Here are some pictures of their engines, hopefully this will help some.

http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/Ev...ageViewsIndex=1

http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/In...ageViewsIndex=1

http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/In...ageViewsIndex=1

Upon further review, it appears you may be correct. It looks like 4" or 5" supply line, along with either 2.5" or 3" attack line off the back. The side appears to have either 1.5", 1.75", or 2" hose. If we were going for full accuracy, that would mean the engines should only have three hose connections, with the two crosslays both on the passenger side. The hose off the back of the engine would flow substantially more water. Again, I think we need the actual specifications and guidelines used by the LAFD to determine the actual setup used.

Guest Mav1701

2 things: No new animations, so you can't have an animated hose connecting to the engine from the hydrant.

You also probably shouldn't mess with the hose points for firemen, they already collide and get stuck at times getting the hose from the equipment bay and then walking to hook up. They're spaced nicely now, any more and there will be a traffic jam (I reckon)

I agree with Mav1701. It's also not possible to add more than four hose connections per vehicle. I can easily change the position of the connections, but I think the way they are positioned now is the best.

Mod news:

I've almost finished the second fire engine too. After that I will work on the Aerial Ladder and the Water Tender. Both will have some more details and some texture improvements. More pictures soon.

Some new eye candy:

engines01zt6.th.jpg

engines02gp1.th.jpg

engines03jn0.th.jpg

engines04cw5.th.jpg

Screenshots made in the editor in free view.

Both fire engine's and the aerial ladder have been changed.

All three vehicles have a silver roof and lots of new details.

The fire engine's have a deck gun. Textures have also been improved.

I'm still trying to add working (animated) supports to the ladder truck.

Hoppah

Guest Adrian858

IES Clan Multiplayer Map Modification for LA Mod, update!

Under authorization from Hoppah, here are some recent screenshots we have taken from our Multiplayer Map, which will be added to LA MOD!

highrisedwellingfiregm4.th.jpg

High Rise Dwelling Fire, North West.

gasstationfiremx5.th.jpg

Gas Station Explosion, South West.

airporthostage2jw9.th.jpg

Airplane Hostage Situation, South East.

The new Multiplayer map will include, more enterable buildings, more variety of scenarios, and some nice new areas!

Sorry for the low graphic screenshots, Image shack doesn't like bitmaps.

-IES

Guest Adrian858

Don't thank me lol, thank IES, a bunch of us contributed to the work. Winger started the modding, I edited the map adding some new stuff, and everyone else in IES gave us their input. :P

I think people will enjoy it as well, because we sure do!

Don't thank me lol, thank IES, a bunch of us contributed to the work. Winger started the modding, I edited the map adding some new stuff, and everyone else in IES gave us their input. :P

I think people will enjoy it as well, because we sure do!

Sorry, it has been fixed. :grinsevil: