Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest Brayden

alot of the trucks have the chevrons and have amber lights in the rear now for use as a blocker truck on the highways and road ways up here in Toronto Canada they started doing that with white/red chevrons with amber strobe or beacon lights on the rear... as they are commonly used as blockers on the highway so people can see them better in bad weather.... the police have also changed to red and blue lights as it is easier to see the blue light then just all red and white...

love the LA mod only reason i play the game so much

Those are the Antennae for the mobile radios and other equipment carried on the Rescue Ambulance.

Haha, I didn't even know that. I saw those 'dots' on the pictures so I painted them on the texture.

About the chevrons/HiViz painting:

Only the red ambulance have them now. Should I add them to the other 2 ambulances too? And what colour? yellow on white doesn't look that good. I'm also going to add them to the fire engine's, because MikesPhotos showed us a picture of a fire engine with the chevrons. So, I haven't planned to add them to the other vehicles unless I see some pictures. And I can always add them in later versions of the LA mod. :)

@ Smitty:

I haven't planned to do another mod. I'm just too busy with the LA Mod. Although, it will look very cool to change all units to NY some time. But I don't have the time to do that.

Haha, I didn't even know that. I saw those 'dots' on the pictures so I painted them on the texture.

About the chevrons/HiViz painting:

Only the red ambulance have them now. Should I add them to the other 2 ambulances too? And what colour? yellow on white doesn't look that good. I'm also going to add them to the fire engine's, because MikesPhotos showed us a picture of a fire engine with the chevrons. So, I haven't planned to add them to the other vehicles unless I see some pictures. And I can always add them in later versions of the LA mod. :)

The old two color red/white paint scheme is just for older apparatus. All new RA's are fully red in color with the new ones purchased having the Hi Viz added. The basic rule of thumb is that no older apparatus will be upgraded to hiviz, just new purchases will meet the NFPA 1901 spec. Being such a large department, the Los Angeles City Fire Department is constantly upgrading, improving, and purchasing new equipment and apparatus with each new budget. One talk right now is of new Battalion Chief vehicles coming into the fleet soon and EMS captains getting the old BC SUV's but that could be many years off if it ever happens at all.

Mike

As promised I am changing same vehicle models/skins now. I just changed the red ambulance:

ambulancefc3.th.jpg

The striping and the white roof are new. Photo: Click

Thanks to MikesPhotos for his pictures and information.

Hoppah

the ambulance is very good :1046275747_biggthumpup:

UPDATE

The LACoFD Heavy Equipment Squad and Brush Truck have been finished. I've also added the changed paramedics on the pictures:

fordf35001dm2.jpg

fordf35002wc3.jpg

The LACoFD Heavy Equipment Squad replaces the LAFD Light Equipment Truck which didn't exist.

Hoppah

UPDATE

The LACoFD Heavy Equipment Squad and Brush Truck have been finished. I've also added the changed paramedics on the pictures:

fordf35001dm2.jpg

fordf35002wc3.jpg

The LACoFD Heavy Equipment Squad replaces the LAFD Light Equipment Truck which didn't exist.

Hoppah

It looks like you've updated the light bar. Have you updated the flash patterns at all?

What are the other lights like on the those trucks?

It looks like you've updated the light bar. Have you updated the flash patterns at all?

What are the other lights like on the those trucks?

I've updated the texture a bit, thats all.

I didn't change the flash patterens, because I think they're good enough.

hey hoppah i was wondering if for the paramedics if you could make a stokes or a rescue basket that goes on the squad? so if you have somone down far from a road then the medics can grab it off the truck and take the person down to the street so the ambulance crew can then take them away heres what the stokes looks like

http://www.rvcfire.org/pics/Aircraft/Minor_Short_Haul.jpg

hey hoppah i was wondering if for the paramedics if you could make a stokes or a rescue basket that goes on the squad? so if you have somone down far from a road then the medics can grab it off the truck and take the person down to the street so the ambulance crew can then take them away heres what the stokes looks like

http://www.rvcfire.org/pics/Aircraft/Minor_Short_Haul.jpg

I'm not going to add more futures to v1.5 anymore.
Wow, really great! Does this mean we can expect to see more LACoFD stuff in the future?

I haven't planned anything. :)

Guest firemanzac

Hoopah,

Awesome job as always :) Question, will the firefighters on the rescue squad be able to put on fire gear and scba in order to help fight fires? I know that was an option on EM3 I believe with some of the fireman. Just wondering :)

UPDATE

fordf35001dm2.jpg

fordf35002wc3.jpg

Hoppah

Great work Hoppah! :1046275747_biggthumpup:

about the Coast guard units, i saw the movie "the guardian" and thought it was great. i got some ideas for improving the helicopter in the mod

first, we need a new diver:) a red coast guard like one.

- the helicopter should have 3 personel seats, (2 coast guards and 1 diver)

- coast guard engineer should be able to be lifted up back in the heli

- the diver should be able to be rappeled down, or dropped in water from heli

homeland-8.jpg

- CG engineer should be able to Heal, since they are trained in CPR(first aid)

- Diver should be able to stabalize, maybe heal

- Helicopter should be able to bring in injured people, like the ambulance that can take 9 victims

- CG engineers should be able to pick up a streetcher and bring a victim in the heli

- helicopter should be able to pick up victims in water?(or pick up a diver with a victim)

this is just some of the things i had in mind, and it will certanly improve the Coast guards ingame, would like to use it more often:)

um i dont think that any of that is possibal cause the diver being droped in the water and being lifted back up its certenly not possibal and i think the heli can only have one personel spot cause the heli is based off of the TEC helicopter but maby im wrong

i tested it, i was able to add 3 personel spots in the helicopter. and the possibillity to add a diver:)

Even if it were possible, it sounds like a lot of work for such a small part of the game. Plus, the mod is really focused on Los Angeles. Theres already the small fire boat for water rescues and stuff, its not like theres going to be a mission taking place in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Guest Mav1701

Those new rigs are awesome, Hoppah!

Too bad they're Ford, but I guess I'd have to complain to the City of LA about that :P

Speaking of LaCoFd, I'm still waiting for a genius modeller to make model replacements for E4/LAMod using th units from that old TV show called "Emergency!" like the engine in my avatar and the old Crown Firecoaches with the wailing sirens (and of course the rescue squads!)

Someone made such a mod for Emergency 3, but it doesn't work too great