Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

I don't want to make the game easier by making all vehicle's invulnerable, but the exploding vehicles are very irritating (and it's far from realistic). The fire trucks are necessary to fight fires, so they are close to the fires.

That's why some of the fire trucks are invulnerable.

Other news:

I've created a forum banner for the mod.

If you want this banner in your signature you have to copy and paste this code:

[url=http://lamod.emergency-4.org][img=http://lamod.emergency-4.org/lamod_banner.gif][/url]

Greetz,

Hoppah

Guest victor02

looneyboy, we can't see your picture...

About invulnerability of truck, I know everyone want to add realism to the game, but remember that this is a game. If we get it to near from reality we will have a simulator, and not a game. But now, i think we are far from a simulator.

I'm sorry to tell you Hoppah, I don't agree, fire truck should not be invulnerable. i know it is irritating but this just a game. (if they are invulnerable, they will be for Fire and bullets ?)

Very Off topic : In the post-icons option or in the smilley option, is it possible to add this flag :

http://worldatlas.com/webimage/flags/count...nada/quebec.gif

This is the flag of my province,The Québec, and my province is trying to become a country, we are now in the Canada, but we are very different from the rest of the country....

Very Off topic : In the post-icons option or in the smilley option, is it possible to add this flag :

http://worldatlas.com/webimage/flags/count...nada/quebec.gif

This is the flag of my province,The Québec, and my province is trying to become a country, we are now in the Canada, but we are very different from the rest of the country....

No, the post icons are NOT country flags but language flags, if i had to addition each country we would have tons of post icons, so sorry i wont addition it

I never said, "Fire trucks Never get damaged or destroyed."

I said it those in not happen every offten. Ie not at the rate it happens in E4. Which is about 50% in free play, at least when I play. Something that did not happen as often in E1 thru E3.

My main point was the ratio of destroy fire trucks in E4 is not similar to what happens in real life. It also makes a lot sense to limit it only to active fire fighting equipment.

Guest victor02
No, the post icons are NOT country flags but language flags, if i had to addition each country we would have tons of post icons, so sorry i wont addition it

OK, thank you, i was just asking. Fortunatly i'm able to speak english, but i'm not proud to show an american flag :P

Guest lash00t0ut

hose lengths need to be changed the reason they dont catch fire from fighting them is because of distance. 3 hose lengths in america are USUALLY 50 ft sections. they can be shorter or longer but the cross lays are usually 150 ft - 350 ft depending on the company. keep in mind when on a fire the trucks park 90% of the time in a road way or driveway and are actuay away from the fire a bit. now the ladder truck may need to be invincible because its closer to the houses. but aslong as you got enough hoses then you will be fine

Guest JeffreyCor
I never said, "Fire trucks Never get damaged or destroyed."

I said it those in not happen every offten. Ie not at the rate it happens in E4. Which is about 50% in free play, at least when I play. Something that did not happen as often in E1 thru E3.

My main point was the ratio of destroy fire trucks in E4 is not similar to what happens in real life. It also makes a lot sense to limit it only to active fire fighting equipment.

I'm not to sure how you're playing, but I do freeplay only and hardly ever have a firetruck destroyed and damage is only minor, roughly equal to as it was in EM3. I really do not see why people are having an issue with damage and any sort of need for invulnerable trucks at all. :Oo

hose lengths need to be changed the reason they dont catch fire from fighting them is because of distance. 3 hose lengths in america are USUALLY 50 ft sections. they can be shorter or longer but the cross lays are usually 150 ft - 350 ft depending on the company. keep in mind when on a fire the trucks park 90% of the time in a road way or driveway and are actuay away from the fire a bit. now the ladder truck may need to be invincible because its closer to the houses. but aslong as you got enough hoses then you will be fine

Cannot be changed and I stay with my decission about the invulnerability.

Ok, i stop arguing right now. Maybe we make you loose your time.

Exactly.

No offense, but I said 2 or 3 times that I'm going to make some fire trucks invulerable.

I'm going to give warnings if people keep talking about it.

News about my mod:

v1.1 is close to release.

Need to fix one script bug and I can test the mod myself for a few days.

I don't want to see posts about release dates and test versions (= warning too).

I will post some more information about v1.1 soon.

if they want it changed so bad why dont they try to do it themselfs??

no offense but i changed things alot of times about em3 and when it didn't work i tried to find the problem in the things i changed and try it over and over again, i tried to add a vehicle without any help/tutorials and it nearly worked. only after about ten tries i looked for a tutorial and tried it another ten times and it worked, i didn't cried for help when it didn't work.

so to make a long story short try it yourselfwhit or whitout tutorials before you ask it here to be done

As promised. here is some news about v1.1:

- Police Barricade will stop civilians (like officers do with Halt command).

- New commands: Paramedics can drop stretcher and 2 paramedics can get the stretcher from an ambulance.

- AND flares added. Screenshot below:

flaredc8.th.jpg

The flares work the same as the traffic cones.

Greetz,

Hoppah

Hey Hoppah! I just got EM4 the other day, and haven't stopped playing with your mod since then. This has to be one of the best mods I've ever played on any game! Great work!

I thought of a few things which might interest you for realism purposes. First, I don't know if that can be changed, but when you send a police officer to redirect traffic, he waves around that german red wand thingy. As far as I know, there's no such thing in North America. Instead, police use a flashlight with an orange cone-shaped cap over it, here's a picture :

http://www.tacticalflashlights.com/flashli...-WD-PRO4000.jpg

Then, I don't know if this has been suggested before (haven't found it in search), but a paddy wagon (prisonner transport) would be great, especially when you have to stop a riot and find out you don't have enough cruisers at the scene to carry all the arrested felons. I haven't been able to find any pictures of a LAPD paddy wagon, but if you like the idea, here are a few ones from the NYPD which could inspire you.

Large step van : http://www.drugwar.com/images/iraq32-nypdpaddywagon.JPG

Small Econoline van : http://members.fortunecity.com/nypolicecars/nypd1044.jpg

Again, thanks and congratulations for that nice mod!

Yeah, I made the 'red wand' invisible for v1.1, because I don't like.

I think I'm going to make that flashlight. I can't simulate the lights on it, but it's better than nothing.

A paddy wagon is a good idea.

Here is a picture of a LASD bus -> Click.

I think it's used to transport prisoners/detained people.

Here is a picture of a LASD bus -> Click.

I think it's used to transport prisoners/detained people.

It looks more like a prison bus. These are usually used to transport prisonners to a prison from a police station or another prison. Paddy wagons are smaller and are used to transport arrested people from a crime scene to the police station.