Pandemic

Emergency 5 - Your impression?

I've been curious as to what the community thinks of Emergency 5. While the game hasn't been out for long, what are your first impressions?

Personally, I think the game is actually pretty damn good. While sure, it requires a pretty solid computer to play on ultra, the game itself plays really well.

I've only played the first mission, but it's enjoyable so far, and can only expect it to get better with mods and updates.

It doesn't run on Ultra, period. I'm running a machine with one of the fastest graphicscards available and it doesn't run smooth at all at high. 

My impression? Meh, let's wait a year or two and see what happens. The game seems good enough, if they can fix these framerate issues then I'll like it good enough. Can't wait for mods to come out and enhance the experience! 

I also did a first impression video over here, by the way.

It doesn't run on Ultra, period. I'm running a machine with one of the fastest graphicscards available and it doesn't run smooth at all at high. 

My impression? Meh, let's wait a year or two and see what happens. The game seems good enough, if they can fix these framerate issues then I'll like it good enough. Can't wait for mods to come out and enhance the experience! 

Thanks for the video.

My opinion?

Well, seems mixed.  The actual game is mechanically sound.  Police seem very powerful as compared to EM4, where the vanilla police were very useless.  Now, police officers have some actually decent tools besides simply fighting and potentially getting the suspect into custody.  

Fire vehicles look of good quality, their functions are similar.  Hose physics are rather nice, Automatic hose movement is also nice. 

But everyone knows that is not the issue.  I cannot get over 30fps on MEDIUM.  I get it, Ultra should be maybe for future gen cards.  But HIGH, that should be for today's higher end cards.  I have a very powerful GTX 670, and I can't even get 60fps on LOW.  Unacceptable.  Also, I looked into it, and this game uses over 10gb of ram... I have enough but that is crazy.  I feel as though this is not bad optimization, but has to be an error with the game, I honestly cannot imagine having such little optimization.

Regardless, after a few patches when we can get 60fps on high, I think it will be very good.  I was having quite a deal of fun just playing with 20-25 FPS, but it really limits how long I can play.

I have no problem running it on ultra settings using a

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 and 12GB of RAM

What FPS are you getting? And during situations where there's a lot of lights / units? 

Any chance you could also share your driver versions and other settings with us? Would be interesting to have some more information since only very few seem to be able to get the game to run properly :)

I Have a GTX 770 and 8gb of ram and i stil average about 20-25 frames. And i have an i7 2600 so i don't think these problems are hardware related.

Yes, indeed share.  My friend has a 770, and he gets as bad FPS as I do with my 670 FTW edition

oh hi

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30 GHz
Nvidia GT 525m Overclocked to 800.

4 GB Ram.

The game is running at 10-15 FPS, and is almost unplayable, ALSO it's only using 50% of my Graphics Card. I don't have a high powered system, but I can run more extensive games on my system better then this. There is something wrong with the optimization.  

Also I cannot change the resolution of the game in the graphics menue, it's just blank that option it won't show me any resolution to change, can anyone tell me what's wrong and how can I change the resolution?

To everyone having issues with performance: lower your screen resolution down... That is the area that is most strongly affecting your lagging unfortunately.  This game appears to try to use the highest your res supports but that isnt a good idea.

I feel as if the game has been dumb down AI do everything for you know you can't manually attach things to other things like in 911 (probs due to a mod) I know the game men't to be an RTS not a simulator but it would be nice to see the emergency vehicles drive not like there on a race track the way they over take vehicles and cut out in front of traffic like there doing something from the fast and furious just looks super unrealistic, It also seems like the AI still don't know how to move and give way to emergency vehicles either (then again yes i know its not a simulator) would be cool tho C:  

To everyone having issues with performance: lower your screen resolution down... That is the area that is most strongly affecting your lagging unfortunately.  This game appears to try to use the highest your res supports but that isnt a good idea.

I might be missing something here, are you saying that playing on the highest res your screen supports is bad?

I've done that, but unfortunately it still lags. I know I don't have a top-of-the-line video card, but it is capable of running just as demanding programs at a higher resolution than the lowest I can with Em5, and not have near as many (if any) frame rate issues.

Alotta us have screen res that is 1080P (mein is 1920/1080), that is alot to put on a video card/processor, esp. with a game that isnt properly optimized.  With budget title cos they tend to not do as great a job in that dept.  So what you do instead is to lower the screen resolution, it will help lower your problems with latency/lag.  Unfortunately on this game from what I've seen thus far it isnt one that you can get away with on maximum settings.  Not without a supercomputer anyway.  Lower it down in resolution to whatever your lowest setting is that is available, and if that doesnt do it try lowering it to medium settings instead of high/ultra (or whatever they are calling it).  You shouldnt need a massive machine but looking at the specs complaining of lagging issues, it seems you do need a massive machine to play it on full settings.  Tbh it isnt the first title to be like that, anyone remember GTAIV?  It was another one that most people couldnt play on max when it was released.

I might be missing something here, are you saying that playing on the highest res your screen supports is bad?

Highest Res + utlra setting and not beating the recomand settting = Bad. 

I been playing at 1920X1080 (max res on my monitors) on Ultra with Zero issues.  NO clue what my FPS is because I never monitor that in any game.  I go by any lag or stuttering I have.   The only time I have any is when I follow the cars in Film view.  Other wise the game is running like a champ with two exceptions.

1. When I change the video setting and it restarts the game crashs.

2. when I fail a campaign and the game restarts.  I crash.

Other wise flaw less.

Of course System spec wise I have a rather beef machine.  Even though it a laptop

MSI GS70 Stealth Pro-003 Gaming Laptop

• Intel Core i7 4710HQ running at
  • 16GB DDR3L
  • NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970M with 3gb of video ram (the first laptop card almost equal to it desktop model instead of barely equal to last years desktop model)

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30 GHz

Nvidia GT 525m Overclocked to 800.

4 GB Ram.

The game is running at 10-15 FPS, and is almost unplayable, ALSO it's only using 50% of my Graphics Card. I don't have a high powered system, but I can run more extensive games on my system better then this. There is something wrong with the optimization.  

Also I cannot change the resolution of the game in the graphics menue, it's just blank that option it won't show me any resolution to change, can anyone tell me what's wrong and how can I change the resolution?

So your complain the system is strain under the game when you do not even Meet recommend specs?

You barely meet the Minimum specs for crying out load.   You have 4gb of Ram.  that min.   You have a video card that between the min and max.  A a mobile to boot so your likely just meeting the min.  You have a dual core Intet processor.   Min wants a Quad core at 2.4 you running a dual core at 2.3.  .1 less the min requirement.  How much video ram those your 525m have on board?  Or is it using share memory.  Which means you have less then the min ram.  You might want to read the specs before complain about somehting not running or not running good.  It unplayable because your PC barely meets the min of the game and may in fact not meet the min.   The option are likely not show because the game not letting you pick anything higher then what it letting you run.

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Processor with Intel quad core 2.4GHz or AMD quad core 2.4GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 1 GB VRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 6000 series
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 18 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Processor with Intel quad core 3.2GHz or AMD quad core 3.2GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 2 GB VRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 660Ti or better, AMD Radeon HD 7950 or better
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 18 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

For me, it isn't the framerates.

I just really don't like this new UI. I can't see how we're going to fit new scripts from mods into the existing command UI, and the fact that vehicles have pretty much only THREE commands, and you can't control lights or siren or anything. It feels like this has been dumbed down for the mass market and we've lost what made EM4 - EM4; a niche simulator with GREAT modding potential. 

So I was just playing a free play game and notice something about traffic.  The ai or traffic handling is way better.   If you got lane block off.   the traffic will turn off even if before they where going straight. 

The tow picking up the actually vehicle, and taking it, and the animations used it really awesome.

The detail on the vehicles is amazing.

The effects is amazing.

The new animations are amazing for everything.

And yes the personnel do run in the game, not walk, when they can. So not sure why someone was moaning about that in one thread.

I think there is a lot more to the game then people reliase, they need to play the game for more then 2 hours before saying, its rubbish because I can't be bothered to play through the missions and unlock everything!

Thus far I don't share your thoughts. I feel there is more modding potential. We've just yet to unlock it all due to lack of official documentation.

That may be, it just feels too much like it's built not to currently feature mods. That may just be me being all hyperbolic about the commands UI...