Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

Ok no more 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th it. It will be included in the next version of the mod.

i will have to look in to the chemical bomb to see if it's possible to make one fore the mod, I have a feeling though that it will be a bomb next to a building, if it blows up the building catches fire, when building catches fire it releases a chemical gas.

also Mark_ nice picture

36 minutes ago, BeastyBill88 said:

Regarding the police accident sign. This is what I added to my private London mod edit last year

I second that haha.

I have always liked the way this one works.

But if I understand correctly the red light is only there to show which way the sign is facing, I think this would be somewhat nicer if you simply made the back of the sign black and the front with the sign on and then you would not need the light to know which is the right way round it is.

14 minutes ago, TWMCPE said:

I second that haha.

I have always liked the way this one works.

But if I understand correctly the red light is only there to show which way the sign is facing, I think this would be somewhat nicer if you simply made the back of the sign black and the front with the sign on and then you would not need the light to know which is the right way round it is.

Indeed, the light is just there so I know which way its facing because the face of the sign its been mapped to both the front and back. If I find another sign where its mapped properly then goodbye Mr light lol.

Just now, BeastyBill88 said:

Indeed, the light is just there so I know which way its facing because the face of the sign its been mapped to both the front and back. If I find another sign where its mapped properly then goodbye Mr light lol.

haha thought so lol

That is almost identical to how I now have it working minus the light but it's not hard to rotate it round if it's facing the wrong way using the commands that are on barricades.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/profile/15604-beastybill88/thanks for the help about this I know have it working successfully.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Handsup! said:

Is it possible for both barricades and the sign?

unfortunately no

I have permission to use the sign from the west midlands mod so it will be in this next version of the mod

6 minutes ago, superhuman568 said:

quick question, is the grey traffic X5 also a collision investigator?

no its just a traffic car

Here is some gameplay of the current state of the mod, if you have any questions about things you see in the video feel free to ask and I will try to answer it.

i am also happy to take suggestions on editing the map.

also a problem with the sign that I have found is that if you activate redirect on it to start redirecting vehicles using the police accident sign and then go to pick the sign off without turning redirect off vehicles will still be redirected on that road long after the sign has gone, unfortunately I think this is no fixable. When using the sign you have to remember to turn redirect off before removing the sign.

i hope you enjoy the game play:)

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TACRfan said:

also a problem with the sign that I have found is that if you activate redirect on it to start redirecting vehicles using the police accident sign and then go to pick the sign off without turning redirect off vehicles will still be redirected on that road long after the sign has gone, unfortunately I think this is no fixable. When using the sign you have to remember to turn redirect off before removing the sign.

What it does, like when using the feature on vehicles, is places a dummy object down which turns the traffic around. Then the only thing that removes that dummy is turning it off, moving it'll do nothing. I think I know a way it can be fixed but I'd have to look into it.

30 minutes ago, superhuman568 said:

a small football ground maybe could be interesting stopping fights at the footy lol

Unfortunately there is no room for a small football ground there is not that much room now

14 hours ago, TACRfan said:

That is almost identical to how I now have it working minus the light but it's not hard to rotate it round if it's facing the wrong way using the commands that are on barricades.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/profile/15604-beastybill88/thanks for the help about this I know have it working successfully.

No problems  glad I could help.

4 hours ago, TWMCPE said:

Saw the video already

could you possibly fix the traffic light bug as I saw that at one point in the video

There is no traffic light bug on this map? Some of the traffic lights do change fast but cars don't get stuck, the reason ther change fast is to keep the flow of traffic.

there are two places on the motorway that cars get stuck in the way of each other and require a police officer to redirect them, I was thinking of leaving them in just so those who like role play can role play them out as a minor RTC, would you guys be interested in that or would you like me to fix it so it doesn't happen?

Another thing, for those of you who know, how many fire fighters normally crew an engine, in the mod at the moment it's 4 but I am thinking of making it 5

Oh okay I see. Personally don't want cars to get stuck as its a bit of a silly thing to roleplay and police would have to be there the whole time as they would keep getting stuck so i would choose not to have them but if you decide to keep it that way all I'll do is lay a accident sign down, start redirecting and then pick it up as like you said it'll keep redirecting so nothing will get stuck.

3 minutes ago, TWMCPE said:

Oh okay I see. Personally don't want cars to get stuck as its a bit of a silly thing to roleplay and police would have to be there the whole time as they would keep getting stuck so i would choose not to have them but if you decide to keep it that way all I'll do is lay a accident sign down, start redirecting and then pick it up as like you said it'll keep redirecting so nothing will get stuck.

It tends to be after an incident that has a large tailback of vehicles that they start getting stuck

Ok I will leave the crews at 4 per engine