Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

I wanted to share something I found a few days ago...

In this picture, emergency services were called to Dover because some immigrants had got stuck in a lorry.

attachicon.gifEmergency-services-attend-the-scene-at-The-Port-of-Dover-in-Kent.jpg

I noticed that the red Vauxhalls (that were discussed earlier in this topic) had been called to the incident as well as some gray VWs (red boxes). It appears that they are simply officers cars. Anyone know otherwise?

I also noticed some sort of 'Fire Lorry' in the background with a white trailer (yellow box), I wondered what this is and if it could be used in the mod?

Keep up the great work!

TWMCPE  :laugh:

EDIT:

If only we had awesome police cars like the Kent in America...

attachicon.gif8015430177_0968c94b14_b.jpg

:mad:

(Don't get me wrong, the police here in Kent do an amazing job... just wish they could have Dodge Chargers and Chevy' Camaros!)

It's a mobile command post operated by Kent fire and rescue service

I'd agree, the truck in the yellow box looks to me like some form of command unit. Now obviously I can't speak for pottyscotty, but there is the potential for a command unit to be useful in the mod IMO.

As to the cars, unless anyone knows different I think it's safe to assume they are officers cars. In Humberside, there's a fair few silver Hyundai 4x4s, as well as Skoda Octavias that are all used by Fire officers. The same would probably apply here. One thing to note though, is unmarked cars with lightbars don't have to be Fire Service. Ambulance officers also use a variety of unmarked cars.

I'd agree, the truck in the yellow box looks to me like some form of command unit. Now obviously I can't speak for pottyscotty, but there is the potential for a command unit to be useful in the mod IMO.

As to the cars, unless anyone knows different I think it's safe to assume they are officers cars. In Humberside, there's a fair few silver Hyundai 4x4s, as well as Skoda Octavias that are all used by Fire officers. The same would probably apply here. One thing to note though, is unmarked cars with lightbars don't have to be Fire Service. Ambulance officers also use a variety of unmarked cars.

Yes the Command unit is a Prime Mover Module and I believe I was going to add it :) Kent use marked officer cars (Vauxhall Insignias) but sometime unmarked (Your X5's, VW's etc). I actually think that SECAmb also uses VW's but mainly Volvo V70s

I actually think that SECAmb also uses VW's but mainly Volvo V70s

You'd be surprised! ;) Marked cars seem to be mainly Volvos, suprisingly considering the rest of the country has gone to using the Skoda Octavia.

Skoda Octavia VRS

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7297/13929371740_69ba755c70_b.jpg

Honda Civic

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/G0kIXe9g-J8/maxresdefault.jpg

Renault Megane

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5147/5680444047_b432b5fd08_b.jpg

Audi A6

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mj_100/14119015154/

These are just a few of them. There's a massive variety of unmarked cars used by Officers, Staff Responders, possibly BASICS if there's a local scheme.

I know that the First Responder paramedics were I live use a volvo XC90. Also the new Volvo police cars come through the place where I work (obviously before they are kitted out with emergency lighting and paint jobs) I know this because on the release papers it has **POLICE VEHICLE** & the name of police force its being delivered to :P Had a few go to the MPS a few weeks ago.

Really? An XC90, you sure you don't mean an XC70?

Like this?

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2896/14754926653_c6a9365d8d.jpg

That's quite interesting... In LAS, the XC70s are HART and Central Ops vehicles. Seems strange they'd be used as standard FRUs (or do SECAmb call them RRVs?). I would've thought the V50s and V70s would be the standard FRU/RRV.

I think the Ambulance Service for a UK mod is something you can go into A LOT of detail with, if you have the right knowledge. For example, in my personal mod, I have units with individual call signs and reg. plates that can only be used once, and extra units for everything you could possibly think of (HART, Officer, Unmarked Officer, Doctor/unmarked Doctor, HEMS Car etc. etc.).  However it's one of those things where you'd end up with multiple vehicles ingame all serving the same purpose.

Like this?

That's quite interesting... In LAS, the XC70s are HART and Central Ops vehicles. Seems strange they'd be used as standard FRUs (or do SECAmb call them RRVs?). I would've thought the V50s and V70s would be the standard FRU/RRV.

I think the Ambulance Service for a UK mod is something you can go into A LOT of detail with, if you have the right knowledge. For example, in my personal mod, I have units with individual call signs and reg. plates that can only be used once, and extra units for everything you could possibly think of (HART, Officer, Unmarked Officer, Doctor/unmarked Doctor, HEMS Car etc. etc.). However it's one of those things where you'd end up with multiple vehicles ingame all serving the same purpose.

Is your mod private?

EDIT: sorry that was a stupid question, in your own personal mod.

Edited by XTXTactics

Like this?

I think the Ambulance Service for a UK mod is something you can go into A LOT of detail with, if you have the right knowledge. For example, in my personal mod, I have units with individual call signs and reg. plates that can only be used once, and extra units for everything you could possibly think of (HART, Officer, Unmarked Officer, Doctor/unmarked Doctor, HEMS Car etc. etc.).  However it's one of those things where you'd end up with multiple vehicles ingame all serving the same purpose.

That's the one, I always get them 2 mixed up. Its always doing blue light runs through Immingham.

That's the one, I always get them 2 mixed up. Its always doing blue light runs through Immingham.

So that'll be EMAS? Hmm, different from the usual EMAS Skoda Scout RRV!

Well, I didn't know half of that. You learn something everyday! :-)

Any news on the actual mod?

Well, the Ambulance Service is one thing I do know stuff about.

Apologies for kinda stealing your topic pottyscotty :P

Apologies for kinda stealing your topic pottyscotty :P

Nah, I've been enjoying reading the conversations :P News on the Mod is the Ambulance is basically finished, a couple of tweaks and I can get some pictures out. Been a bit busy this week with another project but should be able to get some more KM done soon.

Apoligies for the long delays on updates, this is due to other bits and pieces going on. Finally it is here though, the newer style Mercedes Sprinter Emergency Ambulance. All it needs is some wheels, a couple of skin edits and some beautiful lighting from TACRfan ;) Sorry for the huge lack of anti-aliasing.

fIsT0c.jpg

WOW! That is brilliant! I completely agree with TACRfan, out of the several released UK mods and countless that have been abandoned, I have never seen such an amazing Sprinter ambulance! That was definatley worth the wait!

If you keep up the astonishing work, and this mod does get completed, it will be up there with the best! :-)