Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

Yep, the white lights you see on the ambo in that vid do come on when 999 mode is activated, and go off if arrival mode gets pressed.

For simplicity, I would go with having 999 mode (standard blues), then a rear reds button and then a button for side lights, alley lights or whatever you want to call them. You could also include arrival mode, I suppose, which leaves corner blues on and activates rear reds.

Usually we have a panel that looks like this

5619895336_a6be44168a_b.jpg

Buttons are fairly self explanatory. Side note, generally it's only the top panel from the picture, the bottom panel is an extra here!

What's the difference between the bottom tail lift button and the top one? They're in that rectangle at the bottom of the picture near enough.

That's not my picture, I found that on google. I think it's from a SCAS HART Iveco Daily IIRC. It is the same system that is found in standard Sprinter Ambulances, and I believe most emergency vehicles now.

In LAS, we just have the top panel (slightly different layout), exactly the same system just a few less buttons. I would suggest going with the ones I mentioned earlier, enough for realism in that they're generally the only options used. And still not too many so that it's not going to make everything complicated and too cluttered.

Yes it is :) I would hope so anyway, otherwise I wouldn't be able to try it!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Another look at the Ford Ranger, now with some beautiful lighting by TACRfan.

Scene: Kent Police blocking off road after a fatal stabbing.

Little sneak peak of the Ambulance too which still needs a lot of work.

Seeing this picture makes me want to ask another question. What kind of ELS options do you guys want? Do you want simple Primary Lights, Rear Reds buttons? Or maybe Primary Lights, Rear Reds, Take Downs, Left Alley, Right Alley etc.

eZIVDO.jpg

All model credits will be added to a list on release. I am not claiming all models I post pictures of are by myself. The Persons in the picture are from the Modification we are using as a "Base", they will not be used in the release.

That looks realy good on scene

When I did the lights i based it off a Kent police Ford Focus as there are many videos of it on YouTube

We do normally use Takedowns, the white lights on the Lightbar - 

- Not always used however, more for busy periods of the day I think. Most of the time they come on when the "999" button is pressed, but they are separately controlled from the blue lights and Wig Wags.   :)

Ah ok thanks, I didn't actually think they were classed as takedown lights.

I don't know if you would class them as takedown lights as such. I always associated "takedown lights" with front facing scene lights, which the ones on that ambo aren't. They will flash when 999 mode is activated, but as far as I'm aware those front white lights can't be turned on by themselves, so can't act as steady scene lights. This is the case for LAS anyway.

Another thing to note, that ambo is LAS, and LAS have a different lighting setup to others. For example, a similar vehicle in YAS wouldn't have those white lights flashing at all.

You will probably need to find SECAmb vehicles to get more accurate light patterns. It may turn out that we've been discussing lights that aren't used anyway!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any of the ambulance related stuff :)

I don't know if you would class them as takedown lights as such. I always associated "takedown lights" with front facing scene lights, which the ones on that ambo aren't. They will flash when 999 mode is activated, but as far as I'm aware those front white lights can't be turned on by themselves, so can't act as steady scene lights. This is the case for LAS anyway.

Another thing to note, that ambo is LAS, and LAS have a different lighting setup to others. For example, a similar vehicle in YAS wouldn't have those white lights flashing at all.

You will probably need to find SECAmb vehicles to get more accurate light patterns. It may turn out that we've been discussing lights that aren't used anyway!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any of the ambulance related stuff :)

i have seen SECAmb lights and they are identical to east of england ambulance service

Ford Ranger and Ford Focus at a trafic stop

A better look at the Mercedes Sprinter Ambulance (WIP) - That background...Don't ask :P - Don't forget to check out TACRfan's lighting in the video above!

t2qMeL.png

i cant wait to light this, it looks so good

Ah yeah I remember you commented on one of my videos. Thanks for subbing though... Anyway best get back on topic lol.

I was looking for em 4 videos and I stumbled across your channel so I subbed, great videos aswell

I wanted to share something I found a few days ago...

In this picture, emergency services were called to Dover because some immigrants had got stuck in a lorry.

post-59861-0-02493400-1424169242_thumb.j

I noticed that the red Vauxhalls (that were discussed earlier in this topic) had been called to the incident as well as some gray VWs (red boxes). It appears that they are simply officers cars. Anyone know otherwise?

I also noticed some sort of 'Fire Lorry' in the background with a white trailer (yellow box), I wondered what this is and if it could be used in the mod?

Keep up the great work!

TWMCPE  :laugh:

EDIT:

If only we had awesome police cars like the Kent in America...

post-59861-0-12048200-1424170224_thumb.j

:mad:

(Don't get me wrong, the police here in Kent do an amazing job... just wish they could have Dodge Chargers and Chevy' Camaros!)