Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

i imagine that it would look something like this 7357_mercedes-benz-econic-gb-fire-magiruthats LFB though

or is it a CARP like this

7189950228_b2744a67ae_b.jpg

how about a link to the group ;)

It's the BEV (British Emergency Vehicles) group on FB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Owner of the photo has given me permission to share the picture so here it is :) :

17906_1435271306771329_40729108356213714

Was testing the Siren script (I was having a lot of crashes with it, found the problem :) ) and I had a Stolen vehicle event - I thought they were a bit rare so I would play it through...Best Stolen Vehicle Event I have ever done!

I knew the path of the vehicle so I sent a Traffic unit to stop oncoming traffic giving me space to stop the vehicle (I think this is called a "Rolling Roadblock" so correct me if it's not) and that worked perfectly - I then got a Stinger set up just in case the vehicle got further then I wanted it to.

Next I sent an ARV and two traffic units to perform a hard stop on him (Yes, for it to be a hard stop I would have more then just one ARV but the rest were at Burger King :P ) It all went brilliantly and I was so happy with it I decided to share what it all looked like:

9N9LuU.png

With the Roadblock I wanted to stick the Rear Reds on for realism but didn't want all the vehicles behind it to go away - Some mods have it so Rear reds (Directional Lights) do not redirect vehicles, some like this but some don't - Vote what you want in the Poll.

A rolling roadblock is when a vehicle is in front of traffic and contiues to move however it keeps to a low speed and traffic stays behind it they may eventually stop traffic depending on the situation. Not the best video but heres an example.

https://youtu.be/bpLe5Sk5-qQ

A rolling roadblock is when a vehicle is in front of traffic and contiues to move however it keeps to a low speed and traffic stays behind it they may eventually stop traffic depending on the situation. Not the best video but heres an example.

https://youtu.be/bpLe5Sk5-qQ

Yea, in a rolling roadblock they keep moving but gradually slow down and sometimes stop. Most commonly used on motorways because if you suddenly stopped 80MPH traffic you would have a lot of crashes! XD Still going with rear reds redirecting traffic, but I can see why you might not want them to.

I vote 'No', I like pulling vehicles up on the pavement or on the shoulder, and sticking 'Rear Reds' on, with traffic still passing - after all, that's what Rear Reds are for. If you want a redirect, use an officer, that's my two pence anyway :)

It's looking really good!

The OC-D

I vote 'No', I like pulling vehicles up on the pavement or on the shoulder, and sticking 'Rear Reds' on, with traffic still passing - after all, that's what Rear Reds are for. If you want a redirect, use an officer, that's my two pence anyway :)

It's looking really good!

The OC-D

This. I like to use the rear reds for aesthetics. I suppose the other alternative could be to have rear reds and redirect as separate commands, so the reds can be on with traffic still going past, but still have the redirect command there as an extra for the people that want that option.

This. I like to use the rear reds for aesthetics. I suppose the other alternative could be to have rear reds and redirect as separate commands, so the reds can be on with traffic still going past, but still have the redirect command there as an extra for the people that want that option.

I would agree make the redirect a seperate option maybe with a directional arrow option of which way you way to send them etc like a lot of police forces are now using directional lights in the rear of their vehicles when stopped at stops or rtc's and to use the left one when in front of a vehicle they want to pull over like! The directional arrows in the rear screen look pretty mint so if you could script a button option for left and right directional lights and light vehicles accordingly that would be mint or at very least maybe just the rpo's vehicles just my two cents worth!

Was testing the Siren script (I was having a lot of crashes with it, found the problem :) ) and I had a Stolen vehicle event - I thought they were a bit rare so I would play it through...Best Stolen Vehicle Event I have ever done!

I knew the path of the vehicle so I sent a Traffic unit to stop oncoming traffic giving me space to stop the vehicle (I think this is called a "Rolling Roadblock" so correct me if it's not) and that worked perfectly - I then got a Stinger set up just in case the vehicle got further then I wanted it to.

Next I sent an ARV and two traffic units to perform a hard stop on him (Yes, for it to be a hard stop I would have more then just one ARV but the rest were at Burger King :P ) It all went brilliantly and I was so happy with it I decided to share what it all looked like:

9N9LuU.png

With the Roadblock I wanted to stick the Rear Reds on for realism but didn't want all the vehicles behind it to go away - Some mods have it so Rear reds (Directional Lights) do not redirect vehicles, some like this but some don't - Vote what you want in the Poll.

Just to say this is some amazing screens of the mod in game keep up the great work it's fantastic well done really excited to see the eventual finished article if it is finished as I can imagine that you will probably do several further updates to it since your so good at providing such realism within the game whilst still making it usable and playable for all with no experience within the emergency services unlike some of the other mods out that are so so realistic only those of us who know the drugs etc could play them!

Just to say this is some amazing screens of the mod in game keep up the great work it's fantastic well done really excited to see the eventual finished article if it is finished as I can imagine that you will probably do several further updates to it since your so good at providing such realism within the game whilst still making it usable and playable for all with no experience within the emergency services unlike some of the other mods out that are so so realistic only those of us who know the drugs etc could play them!

Thank you Patvmru! For those who may still struggle with the mod, toward the release there will be a guide made so people will know what unit does what, what to sent to different incidents and more :)

I have voted no because I like setting up a scene and using the rear reds for visual purposes only

Err, just went to reply to this topic to say separate rear reds and a guide would be awesome when I found this bug!

I scrolled down to the bottom of this page to find the reply box (what I'm typing in) had the website in it...

0000bug.png ... and then I scrolled down in the comment box to find the comment box!

000bug.png

After refreshing the page everything was fine. Do you think this needs posting in a bug topic or something and if so where and how do I do that?

Err, just went to reply to this topic to say separate rear reds and a guide would be awesome when I found this bug!

I scrolled down to the bottom of this page to find the reply box (what I'm typing in) had the website in it...

0000bug.png ... and then I scrolled down in the comment box to find the comment box!

000bug.png

After refreshing the page everything was fine. Do you think this needs posting in a bug topic or something and if so where and how do I do that?

i would go to website support section here and start a new topic and report it there. :D

0000bug.png ... and then I scrolled down in the comment box to find the comment box!

000bug.png

i would go to website support section here and start a new topic and report it there. :D

Thanks! Will do.

Hey will this run on intell?

I use an Intel myself so if it becomes unplayable on it, there isn't much I can do as not even I can test it. I will be optimizing the mod so it will run well though, so yes, the end result SHOULD run on Intel :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, sorry for the lack of updates. I have been busy with life stuff as well as another Emergency project i'm doing - I will hopefully get back to he mod this week.

I use an Intel myself so if it becomes unplayable on it, there isn't much I can do as not even I can test it. I will be optimizing the mod so it will run well though, so yes, the end result SHOULD run on Intel :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, sorry for the lack of updates. I have been busy with life stuff as well as another Emergency project i'm doing - I will hopefully get back to he mod this week.

No problemo. Thanks for the update :)

I noticed on the picture you have the Mayberry Medical Centre Sign, are you going to use the sign from one of Kent's hospitals like this: 

-Picture-

Yes I am using Mayberry mod as the base, the hospital layout will be completely changed and I will be using british hospital signs :)