Freelancer

The London Project [WIP]

Well it would defiantly be nicer if he actually informed us on the current statues of this mod as a lit of us don't have a clue!

I'm talking about him just logging on once a week saying what's happening and how the mods progressing.

Everyone knows how it's progressing. He said it himself in the post I just quoted to you.

If Dyson is working on another mod and Freelancer is a bit busy, then they won't have anything to tell us. We just have to be patient like we do with every mod. 

I have a feeling this mod is going to be up there with the best of them and I am curious to see if it will rate as high with me as BBOF ( Only non uk mod I play ). and have been following this topic with alot of anticipation for the release but one thing I have learnt is be patient as I know how much work is put into these mod's.

I am getting there very slowly modding wise but am hoping to be good enough to start creating my own mod late next year -  I was planning to do London but not to sure now as soon we will have 3 top notch London mods but then again I have the urge to do 1975 - 1985 so I can add the Brigade Contol / forward command units / old style dennis pump ladders with ladder on wheels and the shevolkes and salvage corps but that is still along way into the future.

Great work on this mod so far.

Well it would defiantly be nicer if he actually informed us on the current statues of this mod as a lit of us don't have a clue!

I'm talking about him just logging on once a week saying what's happening and how the mods progressing.

You don't even get that kind of courtesy with a full-blown game which you're paying money for. How is it reasonable to expect that someone who's doing this for nothing more than a hobby to keep you that well-informed?  

Contrary to popular belief, you're not entitled to being constantly updated, it is nothing more than a courtesy at best if they should wish to do updates in the first place and even then on their own schedule not yours..  Attitudes like this totally miss the point when it comes to these mods, let alone respect for those putting the time into them. They are done for free for you to enjoy, even if they were for-profit and you were paying for them you'll rarely if ever see this kind of update schedule.  Truth is, in a hobby there are many weeks, sometimes months where authors will do absolutely nothing. What is the point of "updates" if nothing has changed at that particular time?  Give him a break and realize if/when they have something to show and want to, they will, otherwise it's best to learn patience.

Stating your opinion isn't always asked for, wanted, right, or in many cases even allowed. If your opinion is that someone who does something completely free to you and of their own time isn't doing it how you want, don't expect everyone to welcome you with warm arms. Your opinion was that you're entitled to more from the author, which is not the case whatsoever. Just because you call it your opinion doesn't grant any special status to that statement. I'm willing to bet you're still a teenager, likely unemployed, therefore having much more time to contribute to your hobbies than many adults, which makes up the majority of the modding community. 

You stated that you just wanted more information on what was being done, and not one page prior to this post was one from the author stating what's going on and that the mod is not really receiving much work. If the last thing they say is "I'm busy with something else, I'm not working on this right now, I'm focusing on that" you can assume that until they say they are working on it, they are not working on it. 

If Dyson posted every single week to say "I've done nothing with this project still, it's still on the back burner" he'd be called a spammer. If progress is being made and he shared it, that's not spam. If his worry was people losing interest, but he continued to post "still haven't done anything yet" they'd still lose interest. By your logic the only way people will ever maintain interest is if he consistently releases updates on a schedule, but I guarantee his download count will be identical when it is released with OR without the weekly updates. Since Dyson said that this mod was not was his priority, he's working on another project and there's not much progress being made, there's been no questions about the mod, nor any status to report. 

What I want to know is: What is he supposed to do with weekly updates? To me, it doesn't really make sense. No one asks him anything, and he has nothing to report. Thread bumping is against the rules, so what point does weekly updates have here?

What Mike said summarizes it perfectly, you're not entitled to updates, nor will you get them at weekly intervals (especially if nothing's happened). As an inactive staff member once said, asking for updates isn't gonna get you anything. If there's news, it'll be reported. 

I know this is old, but thought I should tell you its a photoshop concept

All the DPG ARV's are still in service however they now just act as normal ARV's.

All the DPG ARV's are still in service however they now just act as normal ARV's.

I think he's referring to the battenberg design not the unit itself

Yea what Dyson said, I know DPG ARVs have been scrapped and are now standard ARVs, and yea those photos show the same car, but not the battenburg scheme, which isn't real and if you look closely you can clearly see its photoshopped.

2 years later...

No release

*tear rolls down face*

So all that means is instead of pointless countless patches you'll get a much better more polished mod as they're taking there time yet still there has been no shortage of updates either I'm for one very impressed with the progress of this mod and am quite happy now to patiently wait till it's finished or to a point they feel like it's ready for an initial release to us as it looks amazing the forthcoming bits that have been mentioned or suggested sound amazing and reckon this just might be the best mod ever certainly best UK mod at least so I'm simply awaiting the second I see the notification with link so I can instantly hit that magic download button and get lost in countless hours of play

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk